Best MPG and comfiest hatchback or box for under $20k new or CPO

Best MPG and comfiest hatchback or box for under $20k new or CPO.

Ameribucks.

Sedan preferred.

pic related
>Too expensive last time I checked

>Buying a new car
>Let alone one under 20k
why.

Used 2008 Prius for 4k.

Dead or dying battery pack that costs 5k+ user.

Also doesn't have to be hybrid.

>literally a soulless econobox
>looks like shit
>interior is shut
>kind of expensive for what it is
>gets worse mpg than 90's hatchbacks that you can have fun with as well
>exclusively owned by liberal faggots who put coexist stickers on them and voted for Jill Stein
>battery is broken in 5 yrs
Prius owners should be thrown into a labor camp and forced to build dodge hellcats

>be 50
>go 10 miles under the speed limit
>get in the way of anyone trying to pass
>hate you for liking trucks/ 6 cylinder and up
>prius driver

What's your point, the 4k for the prius plus 5k for batteries, you are still under 10 stacks, that's half the price you asked...

and have to get it serviced and risk the run of other problems or things that need to be fixed.

Senpai no.

>CPO
>Certified!
By whom?
>the seller

So you are telling me that if you spend more you will get a more reliable vehicle? Do you see how that sounds like..
Think of the resale value, what will gain more money back.

The company that made the car.
I buy a vehicle and drive it for 10+ years.

new civic ?

Dead or dying battery? What?

my 2008 Prius has 190k on the original battery and it is going strong. Replacements run around 2k not 5k.

lol.

Then just get them fixed with all the money you saved?

Prius with 200k miles. $4000.
Battery dies. Get new battery with new chemistry for $2500 tops installed.
Door lock actuators go bad, $35 each on ebay, install yourself.
>engine blows up because you dont change the oil after 5 years
>buy another Prius for $3500
>Replace its battery too
You are still at a lower cost than buying a cheap ass base model new car for 20k.

You still have to service new cars.

Fix your current car. stop being such a consumption whore.

Mazda 3

90 ford ranger, 14 years of service to me.
time for an upgrade.

>Warranty/Perks

uwat

2008 prius looks gay

>warranty/perks
Perks like what? Paying $5000 more than the car is really worth?
Warranty? Like how you paid $20k for what is really a $10k car, but hey, you might get some of that money back because it has a warranty? Guess what, if something breaks, you still have to take it in to the shop for repairs. You just pre-paid for all the repairs and more in order to get that "new car warranty".

>2008 Prius looks gay
Looks almost just like the 2016 Prius. Fuck off. Get a 2 door Civic sedan or something.

prius is slower than mitsubishi mirage though

OP never said anything about speed, only MPG.

Also 2008 Prius is 9.9 seconds 0 to 60. Thats 4 seconds faster than a '57 Chevy V8.

I didn't even know it was possible to be that slow holy fuck

Yeah, V8s are pretty slow, especially if old.
>tfw raped by Prius

yeah but who wants to take 10 seconds 0-60 thats slower than his old ranger

maz3 or civic will get him good mileage and decent speeds for their low cost

ummm.... 57?
You are telling me a car with 2 engines is more powerful than one built 60 years ago?

I'm telling you that a car that was universally regarded as "hot", a V8, is significantly slower than a hybrid 1.5l 4 cylinder.

No one ever claimed a 57 chevy was fast lol.
Make it fair at least, compare it to even a run of the mill v8 from the same year, like a VE SS commodore.
It's a near 2 tonne saloon car with a giant/comfortable interior and a huge boot that does 0-100kmh in 5 seconds because of muh v8 motor

then buy a civic for 3k. save what you would be spending on a monthly payment for the occasional repair and enjoy not being in debt for a shitbox. buy a house if you don't have one.

>The company that made the car.
dealerships are independent companies

Sad that people are so sucked into dealers bullshit that they think the dealers are an extension of what ever car brand.

a 3k civic looks like shit and would feel like shit to drive.

Nah don't need a house I get promoted and move every 1.5 years

If you don't need a house invest in silver or guns or something valuable.

Dumb. I rent studio/1bedroom depending on city and don't want to have to store stuff or worry about guns.

drive one before you knock it. a clean, stock 3k civic doesn't look like shit and drives quite nicely on good tires and refreshed suspension. a 20k econobox might ride better but not 17k better.

New kia forte, rides nice, good tech, great warranty, decent handling, good mpgs. All under 20.

>new
>comfy
Camry. Now it's buyer's market. Haggle hard until under $20K.
>CPO
Repeat, except Lexus ES.
>...hatchback or box?
...what, do you really want a Kia Soul?

Holy shit prius thread?
Just what I cam to Veeky Forums for.
I'm looking at getting a Prius, maybe new because not a poorfag, but I'm trying to work out the difference between the XW30 and XW50. I'd be happy with a 2015, I just wanna know that if I got newer I wouldn't LOSE any features the 2015 had, and I also wanna know if the XW50 has any features that'd make me wanna buy it over a XW30, because sure, why not new, but used is so fucking cheap holy shit

PRIUS PRIME IN AUSTRALIA FUCKING WHEN?