How does Veeky Forums feel when rich parents buy their 16 year old daughter/son the sports car they've always wanted as...

how does Veeky Forums feel when rich parents buy their 16 year old daughter/son the sports car they've always wanted as their first car?

personally it pisses me off. That is the epitome of being a spoiled little cunt and ill advised parenting. I may be poor and you may think I'm jealous but if I had kids and I was a billionaire, the least they would get from me would be a used, disposable piece of garbage.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dekrODcBJrs
youtube.com/watch?v=JFseZsnOq1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=bKgWm5TNeBA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sorry to hear your parents didn't love you enough, OP

DESU SENPAI

i would buy them a new car

but it would be a fwd econobox with high safety because that dumb shit will wrap it around a pole

tfw love comes in the form of money

kek

well someones parents didnt love them

It depends. If they legitimately like the car or are at least thankful for it then I'm glad that they ended up more fortunate than I. If they act like little shitheads then I view them as little shitheads.

Sorry your parents actually loved you OP

Mine didn't give a shit and let me do and have whatever I wanted. Now I'm here.

Can't say that I care. It's not like it would've been my car otherwise. I view it as no different as a 30 year old businessman buying the same car for himself.

>personally it pisses me off. That is the epitome of being a spoiled little cunt and ill advised parenting
salty poorfag. grow up kid, seriously. life will be better when you do.

go ahead and explain to me why giving a car that's anywhere over 30-40 grand to a 16-18 year old KID is NOT an act of being spoiled. Go ahead and try, buddy.

Sorry you are poor. Grew up poor, worked for my cars. Now doing well and have kids. Fuck that, im gonna buy em one car they want. Allways leave your family doing better than what you had.

Hating your betters is immature.

go ahead and explain to me why eating a burger that's anywhere over 3- 4 bucks while 16-18 year old KIDS are starving in africa is NOT an act of being spoiled. Go ahead and try, buddy.

If you grow up rich and got sprinkled with shit that costed lots of money by your parents, you're usually an asshole of a person. That stereotype holds a fair bit of truth. Buy them a fucking beater and be a smart parent.

>mommy and daddy bought me a Cobalt coupe for 6k
How spoiled am I?

Because I need to eat to sustain myself. Having enough food to not be hungry isn't being spoiled. It's called having a good quality of life.
>Go ahead and try, buddy.
I tried and I succeed.

>waaah why do other poeple get to have nice things?!?!?!
>>>/buschamber/

>Grew up poor
>Learn value of hard work and money
>Spoils kids
>kids dont learn value of things
>Kids become insufferable in adulthood
WEW

never said I hated those who are better than me, just hating the decision.

(You)
Happy?

Someone has to drive the demand for nice cars so that you can buy them for $5k 10-20 years later.

If i were a parent i would probably get my kid this car:
youtube.com/watch?v=dekrODcBJrs
or this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=JFseZsnOq1Q

>second video
god damn German engineering boi

i think the people who would buy them 10-20 years later would rather them come from people who will take care of the cars, which these spoiled cunts will not do. so your point sorta works against you

Too bad you don't get to pick and reasonable people don't buy """sports""" cars to begin with.

That, and it's not like that's a good reason for people to spoil the fuck out of their already shitty kids. "What's that you're turning your kids into assholes? DON'T WORRY ITS OKAY because you're circulating the market".

Being a "sports" car isn't an unreasonable decision on hundred percent of the time. Why would you think that.

I'd buy my kid a car they want. Driving something you hate only makes you ruin it. If they drive a camaro I bought them for 15 years because they love the car, I'd love it. As long as my kids are happy. It's up to you to let your kids intentionally wreak a car to collect insurance and buy a car they actually want. My dad bought me a neon that I trashed so I could go out and buy a car that wasn't fucking crap. Bought a 2008 Tiburon and drove it until it wasn't practical anymore then bought a 1996 Cherokee and a 2014 Mercedes. Now I can daily my benz and use my jeep for any work that needs to be done that my merc can't do.

Buying*

Spaghetti

You just sound jelly as fuck.
I don't hate the kid and I don't care if it means he is spoiled because of the car, I just think it's a poor parenting decision because giving a 16 years old a multi-ton vehicle with several hundred horsepower is just a disaster waiting to happen. I just hope I won't be on the business end of that sports car if and when the kid spins it into oncoming traffic.

You, instead, sound like a bitter jealous faggot who thinks he deserves everything rich people have more than them

Grow up

>tfw grew up in middle class with loving parents and constantly got shit on by poorfags for no reason.

haha, being poor makes you such a good person!!

If I was in the hypothetical position of the rich kid I wouldn't want an expensive car for a multitude of reasons. That's the honest truth. It's poor parenting, irresponsible, dangerous, ill advised etc.

I don't think I deserve a fucking expensive car, your assumptions are wrong. Shit like that needs to be earned, obviously, and if I think I earned/deserved it I would have one.

>Grow up
kek did years ago.

what defines spoiled dick head? your feelings? lmao

I said growing up rich and spoiled means that there's a good chance you're an asshole. I never said growing up poor makes you a saint, or better than others who are rich/wealthy.

Holy fuck Veeky Forums is full of retards today.

>If I was in the hypothetical position of the rich kid I wouldn't want an expensive car for a multitude of reasons. That's the honest truth. It's poor parenting, irresponsible, dangerous, ill advised etc
you only think this because you are salty as fuck
stay mad

>huur meaningless material goods need to be earned! not everyone is deserving of them!
the fuck kind of logic is this

getting expensive shit tossed at you buy your parents or family members all the time.

New every year iphone?
>get the every time they come out

Just got your license and you want an expensive car?
>get

Overpriced clothing, jewelry or other expensive attire?
>get

Anything you want?
>get

What's your definition of fucking spoiled, you fucking idiot?

not spoiled. its just an example of loving and hard working parents in a healthy 1st world economy

stay salty poorfag

Then try making a cohesive argument next time shit for brains.

>tfw your parents could afford to buy you a car but wouldn't
I wasn't allowed to get my license until 18, I'm in the US, and then I was "allowed" to drive their spare (third) car until I bought my own.

>stay mad
>salty as fuck
go back to league or csgo or whever the fuck you came from lmao.

>the fuck kind of logic is this
so you're saying that everyone deserves nice things? things that you want, you shouldn't have to earn to receive? step up faggot, what's your logical assessment of who is deserving of what "meaningless material goods". Fucking try me.

Don't fly around a board assuming what I think. You're the idiot you make me out to be. I'm not going to write an airtight essay to argue with retarded people on Veeky Forums every time I have an opinion, shit for brains. Speaking of cohesive argument, you haven't made one.

Then you need to work on your wording, because you only sounded like one of those poor fags who blame everyone else for their shit life and thinks people with money deserve nothing of what they have

>If I was in the hypothetical position of the rich kid I wouldn't want an expensive car for a multitude of reasons.
You say that because you have never been in such a situation and you simply assume you would be the same person you are today but with richer parents
If you grew up in a wealthy environment where everyone is used to have the best things, the fastest cars, the finest food and the best education, you would probably have a hard time refusing a Porsche as a present for your newly acquired licence,because you would have a completely different mindset than what you have right now in your current life.

That's not the honest truth, that's a lie to yourself

you're hilarious. I just died a little inside reading this and knowing someone genuinely believes this.

>so you're saying that everyone deserves nice things?
there is no such thing is what im saying. "working hard to deserve something" is retard logic used to mask resentment and jealously in children, and spun to others to prevent them from achieving without 'blessing' of higher authorities.
kys

>things that you want, you shouldn't have to earn to receive?
this isnt a matter of getting handouts from the gubberment you turd. its parents who worked hard to be in the position where they can treat their children to a good life.

stay salty poorfag

your whole post is just questioning the basis of almost every hypothetical question that can be asked. "You aren't actually in that situation so how you could have a proper answer to being in a situation you've never been in". That makes complete sense, but being the person I am now, whether I'm in the position of the parent or the kid I wouldn't feel good about giving/receiving something like an expensive Porsche.

But yeah, 99% of the time when some rich kid gets a Porsche for their 16th-18th, they're getting spoiled. I don't think that can be argued without the argument being made against what I just said being beaten into the fucking ground.

Someone's envious. Go be poor somewhere else

If the parents have enough money I don't understand why they'd get them an old car. Unless the kids were little shitheads who made their parents their bitch then I'd say let em have the car.

>this isnt a matter of getting handouts from the gubberment you turd. its parents who worked hard to be in the position where they can treat their children to a good life.
I refer you to this post This isn't a question of if the parents have the ability to buy shit. It's the question of good parenting. Besides, point me to someone who's incredibly wealthy and a nice person who DIDN'T earn what they have because they piggy backed on their parents wealth or didn't contribute a large amount to it, and for every person like that who does exist there's probably 10 who are douchebags.
If you want something, you need to go get it yourself. Otherwise, fuck yourself.

You also don't need to be spoiled to have a good life, that statement is just fucking full of bullshit.

god everyone took this post in the complete opposite direction that they should've, you're all fucking idiots lmao

Well my opinion is that I don't give the slightest shit about the relationship between the kid and his parents. Does he look/act spoiled? Who fucking cares, I'm not the one who has to deal with him.

My only concern is for my safety when I have to share the road with an overly excited kid that can't wait to go flat out in his new sports car, regardless of the fact that he may or may not be a spoiled brat.

I would have the same concern if you change the rich kid with a honest, down-to-earth kid who worked his ass between school and part time jobs to get enough cash for an old, used, but powerful car to buy with his own money because he was raised in a family that couldn't otherwise afford to buy him a car.

What I meant was that focusing on the fact that the rich kid may be an insufferable spoiled cunt is irrelevant and makes you sound like the aforementioned jealous faggot whose only purpose in life is to hate on rich people just for the fact that they have money and he doesn't

Who gives a shit honestly. Chances are they are gonna fuck it up anyways. Teenagers are some of the most irresponsible and stupid people in the world

Lots of people give a shit, why bother producing more assholes with misguided morals and like. I'd like to be apart of an earth that has the least amount of cunts possible.

>an insufferable spoiled cunt
if the kid is as described I'm not going to hold it against him/her. There's no excuse for shitty parenting unless you're mentally incapable of parenting them improperly, and spoiling them is shitty parenting. The end.

I'm going to hold it against the parents. The last thing I give a shit about is if someone else has something I want and that I think I should have that thing to.

Can't say I'm surprised that all but one or two people in this thread saw me as just some jealous loser. I may be a loser but I'm not jealous lmao

>I refer you to this post
what makes you think the parents didnt instill the same values into their child as they were growing up and as such they are extremely grateful?

>It's the question of good parenting
its not a questio nof good parenting at all. you are just trying to use this bullshit to justify being a jealous and hateful poorfag.

you are worthless. always crying, obsessed with other people but never taking initiative to get yourself into that position. instead you just become complacent with your garbage life, because you understand the value of hardwork and anyone else better off than you is an undeserving doucebag.. r-right?
kys

i feel a little envious when i think about all the cool things people born rich get and do

but i'm happy and have a nice life and make a good living now
>muh bootstraps
so i don't care

also i trashed my parents' '99 corolla, i don't know what i would do to an actual nice car at that age

>and spoiling them is shitty parenting
my parents never bought me anything, and acted as if theyd be better off without me.. they are totally better parents than that stupid rich family that loves their children so much they spend months finding the perfect gift for them!

literally you
so pathetic

It's not like a car will fuck up someone's morals. At the end of the day it's just an object, it will decay and rust just like everything else and in the end all you'll be left with is some mild memory of a privileged past. Life is to short and shitty to be petty about what others have, and objects may make you feel happy in the short term but they will never satisfy all your human needs.

Something tells me that you haven't had very many life experiences yet.

>I'd like to be apart of an earth that has the least amount of cunts possible
you better turn off the computer then

In HS a skinny, douchy sophomore got an 05 STI from his daddy. His previous car was a v6 charger with nig wheels on it. He was white as snow, lol. Anywhos he'd drive around school and nearly killed a kid driving out of the parking lot. The kid was kind of a dweeb and all but a few people gave a shit, sadly. Moving on, dickhead kid got high as a kite and ended up plowing it into a tree with his douchy buddies a little over a month after owning. Busted his face to shit and his family had him driving around in a cream colored old man cadi for the rest of his school career. When he graduated he got a new silverado. My dad did work on one of his dad's old corvettes, and according to him, he said "lets see the little fucker try and kill himself in this!" Relax user, nature will sort out the rest.

If the kid is grateful as fuck then fine, whatever. I don't care.

It is the question of good parenting. The thread was made in the question of good parenting. For some reason you genuinely believe that I'm just a jealous poorfag who cries my eyes out when I don't get what I want. Couldn't be further from the truth. You've come to a conclusion and you've stuck with it, albeit a wrong one. Have fun thinking your assumptions are correct.

The only ground you've actually stood on in this entire thread is the assumption that I am as you describe, which is incorrect. Don't know what else I could say and if I said anything else to you it would be a waste on your thick, retarded worthless skull.

your situation is on the complete opposite end of the spectrum. There is giving your kids too much and giving your kids too little. They gave you too little, obviously.

>literally you
>so pathetic
retard

>parents combined income was mid to high 6 figures
>wouldnt spend a dime on a car for me

FeelsBadMan

Anyone else?

...this upsets me no end.

Im from a relatively successful family.

And until i flunked out of at my final year of masters degree.. i didnt really get how the world turns.

Dad pretty much cut me off after that.

..and iv struggled like a twat for the last decade.

Losing materialism is easy,

Losing my self respect trying to earn a living hit me hard.

If you have good kids its not a dick move lol..

If they are not planning on failing its not a dick move.

Just one of those things i suppose.

>For some reason you genuinely believe that I'm just a jealous poorfag who cries my eyes out when I don't get what I want
if that werent the case you wouldnt have made the thread. as simple as that.
its no different to biter ugly forever alone mgtow virgins making threads on /r9k/ about how women are evil and they would never be with one even if they could pull them... seriously dude you are fucking in denial.

wealthy parents buy their well adjusted child an expensive car. so what? it doesnt matter. why should it. yet here you are making threads about it and trying to pretend like you dont care. lmao

It feels better when you actually have to work for something. I'd much rather drive a $500 shitbox that's fully in my name instead of something your parents can take away from you.

Shit I would of even taken a Power Wheels as a kid.

If I had a ton of money to blow on nice things I'd get my kids nice cars too, I don't hold it against hard working or even lucky people that have nice things. I enjoy the things I have because I worked hard for them, these rich kids probably don't even get a kick out of these cars, which is fine because I'll buy em for half price second hand 3 months after they get them because they want money for weed.

>if that werent the case you wouldnt have made the thread. as simple as that.
you couldn't be more stupid. It's impossible.

>yet here you are making threads about it and trying to pretend like you dont care.
reread my original post, and if you open your eyes a little and use your brain (careful not blow a gasket and pass out), you might just see that this thread was an inquiry to Veeky Forumss point of view, with my two cents added.

>well adjusted child
the post even suggests that the child in question is not a well adjusted child. Reread it.

give up already retard, you've lost.

oh yeah lemme just finish up with this, the only thing i give a shit about is the shitty parenting aspect. I have zero tolerance for unreasonably poor decision making or poor parenting. I've grown up and around shitty parents/parenting (not just my parents, but others I've known), and there's nothing I give a shit about more than shitty parents. That's all this post was meant to be but you fucking morons assumed so much in such little time its not funny. par for the course with Veeky Forums though.

>par for the course with Veeky Forums though.
Undeniably accurate

>you might just see that this thread was an inquiry to Veeky Forumss point of view, with my two cents added
you say that but you were still going about your daily business and thought of the topic. non buttmad jealous people dont think about it, and if they do they dont care enough to say "im going to make a post on Veeky Forums and see if other people support me!"

>the only thing i give a shit about is the shitty parenting aspect. I have zero tolerance for unreasonably poor decision making or poor parenting
its not shitty parenting. you just think it is because you are an assmad little kid in denial about your jealously.

stay salty poorfag

trips of truth

>be rich
>not encouraging your son to become a race car driver
>or atleast into cars

ISHYGDDT

>you say that but you were still going about your daily business and thought of the topic. non buttmad jealous people dont think about it, and if they do they dont care enough to say "im going to make a post on Veeky Forums and see if other people support me!"
according to you, curiosity on the topic makes me a buttmad jealous person. Jesus Christ the shit that comes from your fingers is hilarious.

>its not shitty parenting
tfw
>giving your shitty, spoiled kid an expensive car, making him even more of a shitty spoiled kid is not bad parenting
go the hospital, you need your brain fucking checked.

>you are an assmad little kid blah blah blah more useless garbage coming out of my fingers that do nothing but spit useless insults that aren't remotely true etc add fucking infinitum
when will you realize that
just stop man, stop making a fool of yourself. you idiocy grows with each post.

>you idiocy grows with each post.
100 bucks he calls out the typo

I'll probably make a decent amount of money when I have a kid, but they're still getting an at least 8 y/o car. Preferably with stick so it's harder to text.
I went to high school with kids that drove huge, new Benzes and BMWs and a lot of them are insufferable cunts. Don't spoil your idiot kids.

have you ever met one of those kids whos daddy buys them a nice new sports car for their birthday? 9/10 they are spoiled little entitled cunts.

>buying a new car for your first car
Pic related

I don't know what makes you think it's hard to text on a manual car
If anything it's trivial

>eating fast food
>eating meat and transfats
> having a good quality of life

Why not? As long as they take care of it. Maybe I would use it and they use my daily every now and then. You're just salty

>Flunking out of a masters
holy shit lmao

go ahead and read the thread, idiot

I don't really care, in fact, I don't care at all about them having nice cars. My problem is the dumb fucks could never ever drive like a decent, likable human being and never took care of them. My cousin never once checked the oil in his car and destroyed the fucking engine. He also drives like an ass, nearly taking out pedestrians as they cross.

My parents did this. I sat in a hrv and figured the practicality of it would have been great since it has the awd and its pretty cheap to service...also great on gas. Its perfect for the first few years of me starting my career . I mentioned it to them in passing like "hey guys I checked out the new hrv...its a good little car" and the next thing I know....I have a new car for xmas. If i knew I would get a brand new car I would have been like get me the civic or new sentra turbo but shit man....I am blessed as fuck to be in the position I am in now so why bother .

I love vga cars

>That stereotype holds a fair bit of truth
It doesn't though.

The other guy is right, you're as dumb as a bag of rocks.

Saying that spoiled rich people tend to be assholes implies that people from other classes are less likely to be assholes which is blatantly false.

Don't feed the fuel. its obvious they are pissed because they couldn't get a new car from mom and dad..its as simple and pathetic as that.

I would never intentionally wreck my car but my parents made a deal with me a mustang if I had the highest college entrance exam scores on my high school (engine didn't matter; I'm a v8fag but it's a free fucking car) and got me a fwd sedan for more than the used mustang would have cost AND it had some unresolved recall issues that causes it to stall on me while I was driving on the freeway. I was reasonably upset considering I followed through on my side of the deal and almost got a semi up my ass but o still drive the car 30,000 miles later because.

meh the mustang would have bent you over in insurance anyways. They really are not that good anyways man, you are not missing one thing.

mentality like that is why you're poor. wealth is accumulated through generations. my great grandfather bought my grandad a bicycle. my grandfather bought my dad a shitbox. my dad bought me a new BMW. I'll be buying my son a Porsche once I have a son

>mfw my parent will never able to afford me a new car
>ask for a motorcycle instead of a car
>still can't afford
My goal is to get myself a 964...

>Can't say I'm surprised that all but one or two people in this thread saw me as just some jealous loser. I may be a loser but I'm not jealous lmao

I agree, and you pointing this out sort of illustrates your point

>Saying that spoiled rich people tend to be assholes implies that people from other classes are less likely to be assholes which is blatantly false.

Spoiled is the key word there wise one, spoiled rich people tend to be assholes because they are spoiled. Poor people can also be spoiled assholes, its just that is less likely because they are spoiled less. The linking point here is being a spoiled cunt child means you grow up to be an adult who is still a spoiled cunt child. Money just becomes a multiplier....
And you dont need alot of money to turn your kinds into spoiled cunts, it just means its easier

This is my dream.

>couldnt get the new car from mom and dad
>not realizing that not giving your kids everything they ask for is imperative for them to understand in the real world
Understand that, that is the entire point being made here

I'm a "rich kid" I guess but I like to think I'm not like other rich faggots

I'm 18 and for the past 2 years have been driving a 2015 C300 (not much but not bad for a car at 16) and am about to get a C63 S Coupe or possibly keep my C300 and save up for a supercar. My dad has a 458

I literally didn't have any friends in high school so basically just hung out with my dad and he was going through a divorce so we were just good friends. He has a lot of cars and has been talking about me upgrading to something like his since I was 17

Ive never once viewed it as "hey dad give me a supercar", it's just sharing a passion with my dad really esp since we spend so much time together. I guess thats how outsiders look at it but it's really just me being into a similar passion as my dad and us being very fortunate. Nothing else

At least the kid has taste and doesn't buy oversteer BMW trash