Prove this wrong

Prove this wrong.

Valve cover gasket is easier than wheel bearings.

i would say changing the oil in your transmission is a little more advanced, and doing brakes easier.

This. One requires some care and a regular old socket set, the other requires a fucking press.

Brakes should be bumped down a leg it's easy as fuck, at least for disks. Drum brakes can be hard tho keep drums where brakes are now

My serpentine belt was super easy and only took like 5 minutes with only a ratchet to move the tensioner

came here to say this

Now that I think it might be harder for cars with transverse mounted engines than my truck.

Its missing loads of stuff.
brake pads on drum brakes is quite tricky

Pretty easy m8

about same technical skill difficulty as disc brakes, except it just takes longer because there's more pieces to keep track of

Head unit swap is medium tier, you have to have a basic understanding of Electrics, proper install jobs require soldering and a multi meter in some cases.

Clutch replacements are no more or less harder than most transmission swaps.

>I'm at Mechanic tier
>Just swapped my tranny last week, and having to take it off again to replace some shit on it
I'm okay with this.

watch Chris Fix and everything becomes retard teir

Serpentine belt replacements should be beginner tier.

Good job. You are becoming a man.

>V8 sparkplugs
>medium tier
Maybe if it's a retarded transverse V8 or something like a Camaro with half the engine under the hood.

>>Oil change requires jack...

uh.. not on my car.

Filter and drain plug are easily accessible from the front.

>hope you have all day and a buddy tier
what about a week and an improvised ice-box trans jack

How do you stop becoming and become?

So if a clutch goes out, may as well replace the transmission?

Also I should be asking this in QTDDTOT, but what do you do about worn synchros? Are they a bitch to replace?

>Special tools to do alternator
uwot?
>wheel bearings getting hard
I mean, if you replace the bearing only it turns into a shit show otherwise you just swap out the rotor assembly, only "special" tool you need for that is a torque wrench and the proper size retention nut socket, both of which a parts store will usually lend you for free if you buy the part there (assuming you don't have).

I just changed my blinker fluid while watching his video on it. The damn thing was completely empty.

Mfw I went through every single tier just to change out my crank. Except Scotty tier, that man is a fucking joke.

Had to buy so many goddamn tools, parts and consumables along the way. Would not recommend as your step up from changing oil.

No, it's because most cases that need the clutch to be swapped, you need to completely take off the transmission anyway.

This list is shit

It's so vehicle dependent, I've swapped a fwd engine in half a day and it was easy as piss but my rwd swap was a dirty weekend filled with expletives.

Also anything involving my doors is like mechanic tier unless you don't want stuff to fit the right way ever again

Hey guys im trying to get better at working on cars. Where would you all rate CV joints/axels? Are joints and axels fundamentally different in terms of working on them? Or were these already listed and im just blind?

>Haven't even messed around with anything tier
Fuck me I'm poor.

>tfw doing a timing belt and water pump job on my 1993 accord right now
>got most of it done yesterday and will hopefully get it finished by next week when i have time off
reeee

>No ChrisFix tier

This guide is automatically shit.

Varies on the transmission.
On my old car, a trans fluid change was as easy as an oil change.
My current car is a drop the pan job to drain the transmission due to no plug in the pan, and the filler hole doesn't have great clearance around it.

Saving money is a great excuse to start working on your car yourself, as it's a lot cheaper than taking it to a shop.

This. Wheel bearings are fucking AIDS, especially if it is for a hub with an axle

Alternator and serpentine belt should be split up to beginner tier for longitudinal engines where everythings on the front

That was the first job I did on my truck and it took me like 45 minutes total with little previous experience

Eh I think most on here deal with transverse since they own econoboxes, generally.

Why are valve cover gaskets in the same tier as timing belts and why are both of those above wheel bearings?
Some wheel bearing are easy because they're unitized hub assemblies that just bolt on but anything older than, say, 2005 is going to require some sort of puller/press.
Meanwhile VC gaskets on most cars take less than half an hour to replace and 90% of timing belt jobs don't require much more than a handful of sockets and a set of pliers.

>and 90% of timing belt jobs don't require much more than a handful of sockets and a set of pliers.
Then why do people act like it's scary and impossible?

Did you use conventional or halogen fluid?

On a four cylinder yes, VC take about half hour, but transverse V6 your looking at a more hours.

>300zx twin turbo
>everything is mechanic tier
>using axle stands is suicide because there are only 3 points on the chassis strong enough to hold 1600 kilos

I've done a bearing on my 2005 Cobalt SS and it wasn't that hard at all. The only trouble was with some minor rust

Engine rebuilding is fun, but only if it's on a second car or a project engine. They're incredibly stressful if you're on a deadline and they always end up costing a small fortune.

No

Not the rear valve cover on most transverse v6s, especially if you have to remove the intake manifold to get to it

Clutches are separate mechanisms from the transmission itself, They maybe located inside a bell housing but are not really part of the transmission as you don't need to dissasemble the transmission itself to get to the clutch.

Synchros are part of the transmission, and without specialized tools and a clue about what you're doing, you're not going to be replacing them.

Reminds me of goatse
>Disgusting

>retard tier
>cabin air filter

You've never done a Mazda 3, have you? You quite literally have to remove the fucking fuse box. The whole fucking thing. Out of the goddamned car.