Be me 19

>be me 19
>gather up 3k
>plan to buy car in summer
> mom takes that 3k without asking and uses it to pay her debt /taxes
>justifies it with we'd lose the house
>can't really be that mad

It just sucks
Why does everything have to be shitty anons? I don't even care about having a 5 speed sporty car at this point, I'll take an auto slow car I just would like SOMETHING to be my own

I want to die, I don't even know manual

tell her you'll expect it back with interest. talk to a lawyer.

>having poor degenerate family
shiggy diggy

just kill her an inherit the house like a normal person

Can't wait to get my own home and flood the yard with cars.

>allow me to dream

Still in university, but my folks actually boil over my hobby.

>"Gee user, you're burning money with cars user, just buy one car you need and stop user, you don't need more than that user"

>be 19
>letting others take your money

>can't really be that mad
Fuck that, my dad did the same thing to me (except he asked me because he isn't a scumbag), and repaid me the loan in full 2 years later.

Demand the money back or destroy 3k worth of appliances in the house.

>keeping money in an account anyone in family can access/as cash where it can be stolen
At least you learned your lesson on a relatively small amount like 3k. One of my friends got gutted for over 15k

Did you make it from a job? Since you're past 18 you can do what said
Might risk losing your place to live though

I don't think I want to fuck over my mom like that guys

It's either stop her now before it becomes a habit or "fucking her over". Bringing this to court isn't a dick move OP,it's the adult move IMO.

What other options did she have? And she plans to pay me back.

That isn't your problem. And she wont pay you back

well isn't that quite the plot hole you left out.

she took the money like in march and i'm waiting on it now
hopefully she'll get it
but fuck man
how does a man learn manual in this day and age

im just going to buy the best condition commuter possible to minimize damag eot the gearbox / buying a 80s-early 90s era clapped out sack of shit

>Parents are shitty enough to take your hard-earned savings to suffice for their financial irresponsibility

I'd move the fuck out. Never tell anyone you have money, not even your family.

Do you have proof that she would have lost the house over it?
and like this guy don't tell people how much you holdin

>Letting family steal from you

having a poor degenerate family is literally worse than being an orphan. if you're an orphan everyone takes pity on you. when your parents are pieces of shit everyone expects you to be one too and it tends to be a self fulfilling prophecy because you end up getting ostracized.

They're probably idiotic boomers, they are one of the most dickish generations of people I can think of.

Just save up again
Keep it in the bank this time

>gather up 3k

Do you store money in a cigar box you dumb nigger? Enlist (not the Army unless your IQ is below room temperature) and leave home so you get a career and a life.

Then if you pay for the house get YOUR name (and remove hers) from the mortgage. Better yet, let it revert so you are free, but I'm reminding the other option so you know it exists.

It happens. If you're paying rent then you have a formal enough relationship where you should set a timeline to get paid back, but if you aren't paying rent then it's just part of helping out with family expenses.

You've got plenty of time. I wasn't able to buy a car until late in college (at 22 or so) and it was a $300 Sentra. Manual transmission, manual windows, manual steering, no a/c, one side mirror... but as you get into a career things will change. Be patient.

I'm in college and the money was in the bank

what would this accomplish

paying her back

>now she needs $3k more
>she takes it out on you/kicks you out
>???
>profit???

>be 20
>get first real job
>get hyped to finally upgrade from my shitty $2k auto cuckmobile
>find out that my dad has about 50k worth of credit card debt that he's been juggling around for years
>cant in good consciousness say no to him when he asks me for money

Credit card debt is not secured. Let him learn how to be a proper deadbeat. There's no shame in that game unlike mooching off your kid.

For those of you who don't know, the system is designed to work with non-payers and if you are NICE to collection agencies and explain you have no money so you can't pay them no matter what they do, they often give up.

Your Dad is a dumbass. I'm old enough to be your father. You aren't helping, just enabling. He's permanently upside down no matter what he says. Credit cardtards are exactly like degenerate gamblers. They don't know when to quit or reduce card use to one card then not pay the rest. Never buy credit card insurance either, it's a scam. Unsecured debt is unsecured!

Time for one of you to become a man.

Off topic but worth remembering:
My favorite skilled deadbeat bro bought a car for his wife and lost his job due to injury. Since he'd been a repo man he knew in our county (and MANY others, it's little known to buyers) a repo guy cannot come on private property to take a vehicle without posting a bond then getting claim of delivery papers from the local magistrate. He called the cops on the first repo guy because the guy was a dick, and that dick left when the cops called it in and my bro was right. The second repo guy was polite and had paperwork, so my bro helped him load the car!

If you are gonna be poor you'd damn well get street wise and more.

Now go do your fucking homework or he'll just drag you down with his ignorance. If he's bankrupt or close he needs to see a bankruptcy attorney. It's OK to go bankrupt. It's just part of the system remedies for uncollectable debts.

Then it was fraudulently obtained unless YOU withdrew it or HER name is on the account.

Don't leave bank books around the house. Get a safety deposit box and use it. Helps protect against regular thieves and fire too.

You realize that's completely useless right.

50k of CC debt means your 2k pays off the interest for a month and nothing more.

Re-read what that user wrote. He never specified how much he gave to his father. 2k is the value of the car he was planning on upgrading from, so he probably gave his father a lot more than that.

I was living on my own and paying bills from my own checking account at 19. You should be too.