/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Visited /bant/
>1.14 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/1876157984141980396

>Discord-sponsored event
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScKzpuOdtJXeAb-4EoXlKN0cd9uDXNtzfVZmsIZgUNcFe3r7g/viewform?usp=sf_link

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

a.uguu.se/w1QdaXdWAdNn.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=yp-7FvEam54
youtube.com/watch?v=_RqKqu8kH4k
youtube.com/watch?v=7V4YTdo5uvM
youtube.com/watch?v=qDE6HX2F5SM
youtube.com/watch?v=Z_nS0fCLauA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

/dsg/- Dragonsis General

Try to get closer to 40 Vigor, you're barely above 27 as it is.

Endurance is probably fine.

Don't need that much Vit, just use FaP+3.

For all of the above, strap on Prisoner's Chain, the absorption penalty doesn't matter anymore. 15 free levels and lets you distribute your stats to better places.

Sharp infusion has shitty returns between 40 and 60, at low SL you'd be better served just staying at 40, only go 60+ if you're going into the SL120 meta.

Cute Dragons!

You still there mate? I could help you out if so. What's the password?

i was gonna leave you alone if you hadn't tried that cheeky backstab

Did you die a moment after?

Yeah please.

Okay, on my way. What'll be the password?

how is the notched whip at proccing bleed? do you need a luck build or is base luck + carthus rouge enough

swordfish

No.
a.uguu.se/w1QdaXdWAdNn.mp4

Doesn't fit. Also you're not the guy asking for help. Please don't do that.

When I log in to some of my saves, it has extremely low FPS and then crashes shortly after. Either that or it just never fully loads and I get stuck at the very end of a load screen.

Are they corrupt? Am I fucked and have to start over?

my thread my rules loser :)

You got me user. You're a pretty nice invader.

>that fucking leap into the warm arms of death

Holy shit it's like he gave up.

Just manned up and soloed it. Killed the fucker with a sliver of hp left.
Thanks anyway.

I've seen you post that combo before, is that a true combo?

I feel like Gaping and Seath could have found each other's presence pleasant since they're both imperfect dragons. They could have helped each other and grew into unlikely friends.

R1, L2, R1 is a true combo for spin sweep weapons. Except partizan which is R2, L2, R2?

Yes, you can also follow it up with the weapon art. Not sure which one is better.

R1->L2->R2 isn't a true combo anymore. Only L2->R2.

The R1 followup just looks great. Like there's some weight to that shit, instead of spinning around with woosh sound effects.

am I allowed to discuss The Surge here?

The weapon art partially combos but the last hit doesn't land. I think R1 L2 R1 is better because of this.

No. Bloodborne and nioh have separate threads too.

yes is it literally a dark souls game

getting mixed messages here

No.

sure user
did you play it? I'm not sure if it's worth a pirate

Hmm, even for something like say, the Murakumo or Carthus Curved Greatsword?
And the Harald Curved Greatsword has an R1 -> jump attack combo, does that apply to all curved greatswords?

This is going to be unpopular but I think it's okay. I wouldn't like seeing this become a Lords of the Fallen / The Surge merged general but some discussion about other Soulslike games wouldn't be too off topic. I personally saw Distortion playing that game and it looked too clunky for me to enjoy it, there were really few bosses, the art style didn't do it for me and whatnot, so I didn't buy it.

well since it has no multiplayer it immediately loses some worth as a Soulslike. But I heard the gameplay is good and it actually has good keyboard controls as opposed to DaS pc ports.

Spin slash isn't spin sweep. Some spin slash weapons can do weapon art combos but I'm not sure if they have been patched out. The spins slash curved greatswords definitely can't.

Ah, right. Thanks user.

why would you ever play a game like that with mkb

>no multiplayer
god damned

r8 my qt

bland and unremarkable/10

From-soft games only (KingsField, DeSouls,DaSouls 1,2,3, & Bloodborne)

>KingsField
not a souls game

nowhere near as handsome as mine

The Lack of a proper Fashy hair-cut is disappointing.

fuck off with being pedantic, the only time anyone ever talks about kings field is when references to it are dropped in the dark souls games.
Bloodborne by contrast is less relevant and has its own general.

How good is Sorcery in PvP? What are the standout spells?

Can it stand on it's own, or is it just better to do 40 DEX +

>the host was literally wielding a Dark Sword and Shield of Want
Fucking conniptions, man.

it's worse than pyromancy because you have basically no way of applying pressure.
Sorcery consists of running away and annoying people until they make a mistake so you can punish them.
youtube.com/watch?v=yp-7FvEam54

it can shine in 2v2 and 3v3, my preferred build is a

Very reliant on being chip damage unless you get a nuke off on idiots which is unreliable in 1v1s at best. Stand out spells are Homing Soulmass and Great Farron Dart, those are your go to tools. Other good spells are Farron Hail, Soul Greatsword, Farron Flashsword (unneeded if you have Preacher's Arm staff), and (Great) Deep Soul. Generally the way to go with sorcery is having a Crystal or magic-scaling mainhand weapon and catalyst in the offhand unless you're using Heysel or something and pressuring opponents from afar. Keep Soulmass up to make approach risky and to bait into rolls with your mainhand.

Great Deep Soul is old and busted though. Great Soul Dregs are the new hotness.

It's the worst magic school for 1v1s if you don't want to use a melee weapon, but moonlight greatsword is very good and your spells will destroy people in team games and invasions.

My preferred build is a Heysel Pick poisemage. You lure people close after annoying them with chip from your preferred spells (for example Great Farron Dart is very good for this) and then you poise through them and hit them with a good R1 into Old Moonlight combo.

>dedicated red covenant in 1
>pact with the devil equivalent in the underworld equivalent of Dark Souls
>infinite red invasions

>dedicated red covenant in 2
>psychotic fight club obsessed with bloodbath
>infinite red invasions without farming

>dedicated red covenant in 3
>quest to bring some chick her tongue back by cutting other people's tongues?
>wow it's fucking nothing

>infinite red invasions without farming
?

can't perform at memeta

They fill different roles. Great Deep Soul is an annoying spell you spam and Dregs are more of a nuke, which trades travelling speed for slight homing capabilities and the fact that it's harder to roll through.

Bogpill me on Ledo's Hammer /dsg/. What makes it any good compared to other great hammers? It seems too heavy to be worth the Vit and Strength.

Is HP the only str/int weapon? A friend has been thinking about making a str/int build but that's the only option I could give him
arena gave you creos, did it not?

>Bogpill me

r8 my anime toon

700+ AR with its self buff when most great hammers are ~550 AR

Good damage and above average roll catch / mixup capabilities with the WA.

if you need help realising why ledo's is the best you might want to uninstall your life

How dare you. I worked tirelessly to make him as pretty as possible. Should I have made his skin blue?

Dude looks like a trap desu

what are the main poise breakpoints?
currently making a sl60 poise invader with a claymore and am at 46 poise with wolf ring +3

Does it have an advantage over Dragon Slayer Great axe? DSGA requires 20 less strength, and can one shot light armored players with its special.

>Is HP the only str/int weapon? A friend has been thinking about making a str/int build but that's the only option I could give him

Immolation Tinder maybe? That's more like quality/int though. But I'm not sure how well that would go since halberds need high poise.

less than that

42.6 or something will protect you from halberds with a great sword

Just search it up on reddit or something, all the breakpoints are there for you

Maybe. I consider it kinda silly to limit oneself to ONLY str/int stats. The point is more like "hyperarmor weapons and sorceries"

at what level do i get better armour than the knight gear?

also which boss souls should i just use instead of swapping for items

Honestly the knight gear is one of the best sets. Anything stronger is disproportionately heavy.

armor hardly matters as long as you fill every armor slot. To use heavier armor, you need to level up VIT and/or use havel's ring or ring of favor
Since it's obviously your first playthrough, none. Try and use as many different things as you can

knight armour is best fashion

In pve it doesn't really matter what you wear, pvp it only matters very slightly

You can use the knights armor for the full game, personally I like Vilhelms set so I'll go to AoA early and meme kick him of the cliff. As for boss soul weapons depends on your build.

Catarina/Black Iron sets are surprisingly good for PVE against Fire/Lightning bosses. Catarina paired with yellow bug pellets makes Nameless king trivial for example. Same thing with black iron for demon prince

is caestus still the best parry tool even after its nerf?

also is there any advantage to using the target shield over the buckler apart from the lightly higher stability?

>In pve it doesn't really matter what you wear, pvp it only matters very slightly

It depends. There's diminishing returns, but the difference between someone in medium/heavy armor and someone in light armor is very noticeable. The little difference is between medium and heavy.

Forgot to mention, i was talking about PvP in this post.

hey /dsg/ I made a thing

youtube.com/watch?v=_RqKqu8kH4k

why haven't you beaten Gael yet user?

Why the fuck is it harder to kill bosses with magic than it is with a fucking ultra weapon? I find it far easier to stay close and get a hit or two in than try and get a cast off, especially without Sage Ring +2 because of just how long the recovery is.

How the fuck do casters do it? I'm playing a pyro, and with just the Sage Ring I'm having problems with it. I'd rather rely on my shitty little weapon instead. It's not stats or equipment, I have 30/30 Int/Fai and my flame is near fully upgraded.

Dragonslayer Armor, a boss that is easy with most melee weapons, is shitting on me.

This is ironic, right?

>and with just the Sage Ring

there's your problem

>dragonslayer armour
I wonder why armour designed to fight against dragons is giving a pyro trouble

lmao d slayer armor is ezpz with pyro

Gael wasn't terribly hard. Probably slightly easier than Champion Gundyr.

he has a cooler theme tho

y-y-yeah h-haha you should s-see the look on y-your f-face

;_;

Learn to roll, his attack pattern is easy. wait for him to start attacking you, roll back during his recovery use your spell. rinse and repeat.

>Complaining about Dragonslayer with Pyro
Just fucking roll.
Try him on a Talisman only run when your only option is Wrath of The Gods and Way of White Corona.

ay lmao nigga, just chuck vestiges at it. you have both witch and swamp rings, right? if you want to be extra cheeky and have the slots you can try snap freeze or also have gcfo to chuck at it when it's immobile for extra damage

The damage is fine, I do more than enough. It's just the opening that I would normally abuse with 1-2 hits with ease I can take a risk and use a fire orb, even at max range, and just barely have time to dodge.

My casting speed is slow enough that it's a risk to do that. I'm resorting to smacking him more often than not because that's way easier.

Did SoTFS remove the NG/NG+ seperation the original game had? So, my NG guy should be able to invade NG+ players, be invaded by them, etc.?

Is there any reason to go NG+ instead of just using ascetics for the NG+ exclusive items?

ᖴᑌᑕKIᑎ ᑭᖇᗩIᔕE

youtube.com/watch?v=7V4YTdo5uvM

Arena gives you CREOs, sure, but fighting the matches IS farming. And it feels stupid to have to do so when every other game allowed you to invade freely with the full red eye Orb.

sometimes im so angry at fromsoft i can't sleep at night. why would they take out this emote? why /dsg/

youtube.com/watch?v=qDE6HX2F5SM
Sony pony's on suicide watch.

>can't stop pointing down troublesome hosts who are just trying to play the game

To make us suffer. No Giants, No Mask of the Father, No Well what is it........

That's kind of the point though. How the covenant has devolved
>why would they take out this emote?
they didn't :^)
youtube.com/watch?v=Z_nS0fCLauA