How are so many of these on the road?

How are so many of these on the road?
I can't think of a worse driving car in its price segment.

Too many

I think they have character.

Confirmation bias?

Do you like them OP? Because Hyundai doesn't sell that many of them.

Same reason you see so many riced out civics, "Herp, am car person but mother will only purchase me a reasonably priced hatchback."

>driving

Good handling isn't high on the list of priorities for everyone when they buy a car.

>price/value
>functionality/versatility
>convenience/luxury features
>styling/looks
>reliability/maintenance costs
>mpg

Has anyone on this board ever bought an actual car?

I've driven them a bunch because they are in the Enterprise rental fleet.
I'm pretty sure a base Yaris is cheaper than a base Veloster and it has way better ride quality.
Every veloster i've driven feels like it has fuel with mud in it. Tbh I'd rather drive a 109 hp Nissan versa subcompact.

Has anyone on this board seen so much buyer's regret?

>No user, but I have bought a bus pass!

Why are rental companies buying Velosters when the Hyundai Accent its based on is a more versatile car?

>Has anyone on this board ever bought an actual car?

The Veloster is borderline dangerous due to poor handling. Very poor visibility. Very jerky throttle response.

And it's not any cheaper that similar competitors. It's very much a "oh I only want to go to just one dealership to buy a car and i will test drive it for 5 min and buy it" car.

The Veloster undercuts nearly everything in its segment on price, except Kia and Nissan. Korean cars in general are cheaper than similar cars from Europe, Japan and America.

I know the answer to this.
Every week when I'm waiting for a car in the AM some dumbass who crashed his car walks in, wants a rental, and wants something cheap and 'sporty'(lmao). And so the Enterprise guys basically wink at all of us (who are on corporate accounts) and get the car crash guys to rent the Veloster.

If we are lucky, they run out of regular cars and we can get upgrades to infinitis and such. Love the crew at my local Enterprise.

Sounds bully

Nope. For 2016 A Honda Fit, Yaris, etc is cheaper.
Also most lots and rentals seem to carry the dual clutch for 2017 models which is more expensive than the base but doesn't seem to improve the driving experience.

Hyindai had a perpetual $4k rebate on the Veloster. That $18k starting price was suddenly $14k as soon as you walked in the door.

Nonetheless, the Fit and Yaris aren't direct competitors. Hyundai has the Accent for that.

The Honda CRZ and Scion tC were more direct competitors, but they were apparently such failures that they're both dead now.

I've only seen the 20k plus velosters on lots so that 4k rebate would workout to 16k which is pretty expensive for such a piece of shit.

That's cheaper, sometimes significantly cheaper than the Si, GTI, ST2, etc.

The Veloster is a slow piece of shit, but it is priced accordingly.

Surprising amount.
>Worse driving car
If you test drove a non-turbo version, it's shit.
Turbo is plenty fun, however.

I'm an SUV driver but if I were going to go back to the "sport-compact" segment I definitely wouldn't go veloster.
The brand new Civic Hatch looks breddy good baka. Anyone have any experience with those?

Good interior. Sits really low. Good turbo, but no VTEC. But you get torque now!

Everybody bitching about how slow it is should post their cars specs. I can guarantee it's faster than most. Definitely faster than the average European car.

>no VTEC
That's good. Means you don't have to worry about replacing camshaft solenoids.

Turbo FWD hot hatch with under 50kmiles for under $13k

200Hp

38Mpg

Low insurance

Easy to work on

Yeah a total loser

If you're going to get a Hyundai, for cheaper than the Veloster Turbo you can get an Elantra Sport, little bit heavier, same engine, cheaper, faster 0-60 time despite being heavier and having the same engine. And it's a Sedan, making it infinitely more useful.
Also after looking it up, Veloster turbo has rear torsion beam suspension wat?
Who the hell would pay that much money for a car with rear cuckspension.
Elantra Sport has rear multilink. So I can tell you right now you'd have a lot more fun on winding roads with an Elantra too. (especially since Sedans also have better body rigidity)

Elantra Sport is a new 2017 model. 2017 is the last model year on the Veloster before the next generation, which will also get an independent rear suspension upgrade in its "Sport" trim.

If there are even Velosters still on lots it's highly unlikely you'd walk out the door paying more for the Veloster turbo than the Elantra Sport.

Other than that the engine and transmission options are the same exact components between the two cars. But with all that being said, yes if you need a new car right now, the new generation Elantra Sport is a much better buy than the outgoing generation Veloster turbo.

Here 2016 Veloster turbo starts at 27k canuck bucks and 2017 Elantra sport starts at 24K. Although there's probably dealer incentives on the Veloster since it's old. But I can't imagine those incentives bringing it under 24K.
And I honestly don't know who Hyundai is trying to pitch the Veloster against. That's good though that the next gen is getting proper suspension.

>Went car shopping
>$20K Elantra
>Dealer wants it gone with $16K out the door
I don't know how it works in Canada, but it's anything like here in the states, you could bargain hard.

It's probably a bad comparison because Elantra seems to be their loss leader. The Elantra Sport is basically the cheapest 200 horsepower compact on the market by a wide margin.

It would be. But Veloster has been out for a while and car market's slowing. And 2018 models should be out soon if they aren't at the dealerships already. Wouldn't surprise me if they decided to go under 24K.

The one nice thing I can say about the Veloster is that there are tons of customization and modding options. Honestly wouldn't be hard to believe that there are no two Velosters that are alike exterior-wise.

Nah. The new Veloster hasn't even been officially unveiled yet, but soon.

Most news outlets I see are saying it'll be revealed at the NAIAS in Detroit in January. Should arrive at dealers as a 2019 shortly after that. They're skipping the 2018 model year.

Pricing will be about the same, and if the suspension enhancements are real, then Hyundai will finally start to build some goodwill amongst all the people they disappointed with the first gen.

Honestly I'm paying attention, especially after the Elantra Sport and the i30 N. 2019 Veloster N should be a monster.

I love mine. By some fucking witchcraft, it weights just a little more than my s2k