Ford bros, red pill me on what I should do:

Ford bros, red pill me on what I should do:

>want a cheap-ish ranger for DD
>found 2004, 121k miles
>has decent records on autocheck for maintenance for 50k of it
>owner claims he has had it at daily for maintenance since owner, but he is 2nd owner
>might have the v6 4.0, not sure
>owner seems like a middle aged guy
>retard wants double what its worth - as always on craigslist

If I can get him to a low price, is a decent history of maintenance records a good enough sign? Most of these old rangers can go to 250k easily

What's he asking?

8000 lmao

good lord, no.

yea I mean, i would offer $500 more than what a dealer would give him, which is probably $3500 if its the v6 4.0

but if the price was $3500 and there are a decent amount of records, seems like a decent find

most other rangers are looking like shit or came from north east or have like no records

Are you sure that it's really double what it's worth or merely double what you're willing to pay? IME, Rangers are usually beat to hell and one with relatively low mileage and in good shape with desirable options would be worth quite a bit more than usual.

kbb value is basically market value

if he goes to a dealer, dealer is literally going to kbb and going to offer him 300$ less than what dealer price is

I'm going to assume he knows what he gots.

undoubtedly

>kbb
LOL.

>4k
>ford ranger
>possible 4.0

lmao the 4.0 sohc is a bomb waiting to explode shit engine 2bqhwu

disagree, spent a long time on ford forums to read discussions on this and there is quite a lot of solid performing 4.0 and 3.0 v6s, although the 3.0 seems marginally better

$8k for a 2004

what the fuck now.

Bump

>Hu dur 500 less than kelly blue book

Beware the timing chain.

Not too ridiculous to replace, but normies that don't know any better drove a lot of 4.0's in explorers, rangers and stangs and eventually the chain failed, would damage pistons and valves and at that point need a rebuild.

The guides they used are total crap, and it would be worth replacing it with an aftermarket one and replacing the chain if your buying one at a higher mileage.

I wound up getting an explorer with a 4.6 instead of a ranger with a 4 liter.

>8000
you can get a toyota for that much

i have a 2011 ranger, 4.0, 5 speed. 46 000 km. Its been very reliable so far, no problems. Lots of fun to drive and throw around on dirt roads as well as being very easy to drive in the city and park with. Would recommend/10

Under 29,000 miles, that's still under warrantee miles? That's barely using it. My 2000 has 251,000 miles, that's over 403,900km to you.

Dear god that's Toyota price
I was really expecting 2500, 3k tops

Ya that's my only worry, it's at the age where it probably needs to be replaced

Any idea on its cost for install?

My 2010 just rolled over to 220 000km. What the hell was your vehicle being used for?

You could get a 2008 for that price.

Check out the 2.3 four. Decent mileage and reliable.

I have a 2.3 and the fuel pump in the tank won't shut off. What's my fucking problem?

Was my brothers truck which he used to drive to and from the trucking yard with about once a week. Brother then wanted a bigger truck, so he sold it to my father. Father has no use for it so he gave it to me