Tfw trying to sell a car

>tfw trying to sell a car
>always kept it extremely well maintained and literally baby-treated it so it's an absolute mint condition car when it comes to the mechanical part but has some slight imperfections in the visual part of it (small scratches here and there - nothing serious, all due to age)
>the price is relatively high but it reflects the car's state
>openly tell everyone of those little imperfections and how the price accounts for these but I am open to negotiate the price a bit
>retards come around, check the car at every angle, since they can't find any issue with it to drive the price even lower they literally start making shit up
>they demand 20% less of the car's price

Jesus christ why is selling a car such a nightmare? I'm not a cheap jew who sells a fucking lemon for twice the price but I also don't want to sell the car for half it's worth only for some kiddo to rice the shit out of it.

>I know what I got

I on the other hand can't find anything other than rusted pieces of shit that will break down as soon as they leave the driveway.

It's called bargaining

They say 20% off
You say 4% off
They say 14% off
You say 8% off

It ends at about 10% off unless you meet the perfect buyer

Listed price is almost always higher than actual price

It's the economy, user

They initiate at like -25%. I'm well aware that I'll have to drive the price down, but for fuck's sake there are some limits. The car isn't even that pricey anyway and yet even if I try to be a good guy and give it up a lot, the guy doesn't want to meet me in the middle but just sticks to his retarded price as if he literally didn't have more money than that.

check kbb
If your price is higher than any estimate they give you can fuck off trying to sell it because nobody wants to hear the story of how you baby your car
If you are one of the hundreds of moron trying to price in your "mods" on top of the kbb estimate than you should kill yourself

>check kbb
What is kbb? I'm a euro btw.

>If you are one of the hundreds of moron trying to price in your "mods" on top of the kbb estimate than you should kill yourself
Actually it's the opposite. The car is stock. It's a fucking Celica. A non-riced non-faulty Celica. I'd say pricing it higher than the riced ones and ones that are completely undrivable with high mileage is appropriate. There aren't many ST202s out there anyway.

>kbb
Kelley blue book
If you don't have a way to find the value of your car than at least look at what other people are trying to sell a car similar to yours for in whatever yuropoors use to find used cars

>If you don't have a way to find the value of your car than at least look at what other people are trying to sell a car similar to yours for in whatever yuropoors use to find used cars
That's the point, user. There are no other cars like it. Only ones on the market are either riced or ruined by kids. And there aren't that many to begin with. Those guys that come to see my car unanimously claim that it's the best car out there.

and yet they dont buy it for the price you are asking

REALLY MAKES YOU THINK

Because those retards see other cars for much lower price and they're a bunch of cheap jews.

what are you even trying to sell and for how much?
>Only ones on the market are either riced or ruined by kids
A fucking polo or a civic?

An ST202 Celica. Non-riced, non-faulty. A fucking mint, that hasn't been crashed or modded in any way. Low mileage too.

>ST202
Bug eyes are cute
Anyway, Celicas and Preludes are extremely cheap and people who buy them nowadays are mostly nonwhite ricers. I'd simply list it again at a higher price(for example ask for 5k when you want 4k) because people are dumb

I did list it at a high price and nobody called. Lowered it by a thousand, and more people called. And so on. Those fags apparently don't even have the money I ask for at all. They just think I'll lower the price hard if they start making shit up. One guy said the car would pass the MOT... What a joke.

A buyer spends only what they're willing to pay. Are you waiting for the perfect buyer, or are you just looking for a buyer? Feel free to keep your ad posted online for months if your time has no value or the revenue won't be re-invested, and maybe someone will pay your ideal price. Or you can adjust your asking price to market realities if you want to sell your car sooner.

Some unfortunate facts about selling cars:
1. Used cars are always severely undervalued
2. Buyers have to assume anything they can't directly test is broken or in the worst condition
3. Things that you value are not generally valued by other people
4. A 30-year old car with only 20,000 miles is still a 30-year old car. Low wear only slightly makes up for age.

I know. Which is why I feel like I made a mistake by actually keeping the car in a good condition. I guess the next car I'll buy will be a shit car, that I will only keep good enough to make it drive, and then I'll just sell it appropriately.

>starts trying to negotiate price and making offers without having seen the car in person yet.

if someone does this do you just ignore them completely?

>if someone does this do you just ignore them completely?
There's not much point in anything other than saying that you won't enter into any negotiations without their having inspected the car. Since they then can't use their handy-dandy American Pickers bargaining method they'll never show up. If you do agree to their lower price when (if) they do show up they'll then complain about the car and then want an even lower price, which you won't do, so even that's a waste of everybody's time. No need to be rude but don't spend much time with them either.

Nah, it's normal. I bought the car this way. Today you can have pics of everything really so negotiating over internet is a normal thing if you live far away and want to just come over, get the car and go.

Any car will sell at the right price.

Yeah you can sell a fucking ferrari for a dollar, genius.

>want to buy a car
>redneck town where everything that isn't being DD'd gets used in annual demo derby or oval track races
>rust belt so everything that isn't DD'd or demo'd is completely decrepit and rotten
>everything is listed for 2-3x the blue book value and sellers won't budge on the price even after being shown evidence their car isn't worth shit
>because of the way the free market works, technically their car IS worth what they're asking because you can't find one nearby for any cheaper and some other idiot will buy it next week without consulting KBB or common sense
>everything that should be cheap

I'm talking NA miatas selling for 9k, 20 year old civics/accord/camry/corolla for 6k, used cop crown vics for 7k. It's absolutely absurd. I want to move to a flyover state.

>just sticks to his retarded price as if he literally didn't have more money than that.
He didn't. If they undercut by a shitload and the car is already reasonably priced, then that's literally all the money they have and they're hoping you're desperate to sell it.

user here's what you do real simple:
>say you want $5000 out of your shitbox
>put it at $8000

Now dumbasses will Jew you down to the price you actually wanted or even better a little higher than what you wanted

I did that. Didn't work because I got not calls.

Most human beings are degenerate morons. Try selling cars for a living. You will pray for a large enough asteroid to shatter the planet into pieces.

I want to buy a car as well but every single car on CL seems to average 20K/miles a year. Nigga why??

I ain't buying 5 year old car with 100k mile on it.

The average mileage for cars in the US is 15k/year; this number happens to be the default estimate for insurance companies and automaker warranties. So that's not extraordinarily high. It'd be weirder to find a 20 year old car that only has 20k miles on it.