What do you guys think about my new car?

What do you guys think about my new car?

I'm a eurofag and always dreamed about a nice V8 car.
However because of ridiculous taxes and shit in my country, it's pretty unaffordable.
So after years of driving a BMW diesel and saving some money, I said fuck it and got myself this.

>V8
>Quattro
>Manual
>Capristo flap exhaust with muffler delete for dat glorious V8 rumble
>looks kinda new-ish even though already 9 years old
>pretty affordable for a V8 in europe

So far I'm pretty happy with it.

Initially I thought about getting a Mustang, but a stang in europe would be way more expensive and I also wanna use it in winter so 4-wheel drive is a must.

I fail to see the connection between a BMW and saving money.

>V8 S4
Oh dear...

duno bout your experiences but I put hardly any money into my BMW besides the usual servicing. It was an e90

>implying any modern V8 with timing chain looks different.

I have a BMW in the family and it seems to be in the shop twice as often and for twice as much money each as my Toyota.

>transmission side of the engine

not to shit on your purchase as the s5 is indeed a beautiful coupé, but did you do some research about the engine at all? perhaps you should have kept the diseasel and buy another car to play around with on the weekend, maybe some older japanese car with a v8 and strip it

Here's BMW's take, which doesn't require you to pull the engine in order to get to it.

I'm not planning to work on the engine desu. I did some research yeah, unlike the "old" S4 V8 the engine should be pretty solid, especially after 2007 (it's a 2008). Some carbon build up from time to time but all direct injection engines got that "problem".

>which doesn't require you to pull the engine in order to get to it.
Source??

Also, ideally, the timing chain should not have to be replaced anyway.

>>which doesn't require you to pull the engine in order to get to it.
>Source??
Here's an E39, again with the timing chain at the front.
>Also, ideally, the timing chain should not have to be replaced anyway.
You really have no idea about that Audi V8, do you? They're infamous for timing chain guide failure and the timing components are at the back, so you're looking at 3k in parts alone and at least a 10k garage bill once they go.

Don't crush an/o/n's dreams an/o/n.

Nice. Would prefer a different colour though, but still a lovely car.

Yet again, the E39 is a pretty old car already.

I'm certain that you also have to pull the engine for any newer V8, as the timing chains are mostly on the transmission side now.

Look up "S5 V8 timing chain". What you mean is the older Audi V8 which was used in the S4 B7.

Thanks man! I think it looks ok. Better than black or red for sure.

However, I thought about wrapping it "Satin Perfect Blue". (pic related)
What do you think?

The later V8 is literally an evolution of the 4.2 from the B7.

Here's Ford's take with the 32 Valve. Coyote virtually identical. It just adds cam phasers at the front of the sprockets

Looks like an absolute pain in the dick to keep looking good.

Even for a Dodge Challenger Hellcat, the tax is only 35 € / month more than a regular VW Passat

you bought a cheap douchemobile that is just a rebaged vw with so many nannies that you might as well get it DCT swapped for all the control and feel you're going to have over this dumb piece of shit.
I'd usually congratulate people anywayon new cars even if they're the ones I hate, because as long as it brings happyness and joy to someone it's good.
But you literally chose to become a massive fucking cunt by buying an audi which is only driven by massive fucking cunts so fuck you and enjoy your nanny state """""awd""""" piece of shit skoda you dumb fuck.
Not even sour grapes your chavmobile is dirt cheap here

Well good for you. Here in Austria tax for a Hellcat would be 365 € / month more than a regular Passat.
No that was not a typo.

I've never seen somebody being so butthurt over a car. I pity you my friend.

an evolution where they fixed the timing chain issues?

these are cheap pieces of shit here.
Not everywhere is america where you're not allowed any cars that aren't pieces of shit GM garbage.

Here german big three is some of the cheapest cars you can get.

Unless it's brand fucking new top of the line model, it's a poorfag model.

>slower than a 335i
other than that, i guess you'll be alright with awd in austrian winters

Oh, ein Österreicher. Viel Spaß damit!

>slower than a 335i
Probably with a slight tune, but stock they would be pretty even I think. At least if you take the 335xi. But even if, I would still prefer the V8 every day.

Sadly BMW doesn't offer a V8 N/A - awd combo. If the E92 M3 was available with awd, I would've saved up for that.

Du auch? Danke, den hab ich auf jeden Fall :)

Leider nein, Noch-Piefke. Werde kommenden Frühling nach Wien ziehen und meinen Audi natürlich mitnehmen.

Wie geil. Welchen Audi?

Viel Spaß in Wien. Auch wenns mittlerweile leider von Museln überrannt ist...

Einen alten A4. Der Marktwert scheint in Ö doppelt so hoch zu sein wie in D.

Danke! Es ist trotzdem kein Vergleich zu Deutschland, wo man fast nie gesprochenes Deutsch auf der Straße hört, nur Ausländisch.

The chains are rarely ever a problem - the problems come from the guides and the tensioner. The alloy in the chain eventually get's stretched ever so slightly, not much at all but enough to cause them to skip a tooth. The tensioner prevents this from happening for a long time but eventually needs to be replaced. Same for the guides - even with plenty of lubrication they eventually become weakened from years and years and of heat cycles and metal chains rubbing against them.

the s5 is so pretty

Thats one big micrometer back there

how is your general opinion about Audi v. BMW?

As of build quality: I still prefer BMW.

As stated before, if BMW had a N/A V8 Coupe with AWD, I would've gotten that.

But I still love the S5. It handles like a dream, sounds like a beast (with the Capristo exhaust) and it's also the only Audi that I think looks really sexy.

This is just sad.

Good job not letting the government cuck you.

GM LS V8 HERE