Redpill me on car tires

hi guys

so my honda accord lx sedan's tire just popped by a stray screw on the street,

i live in arizona... whats the redpill on getting new car tires? what kind are the cool kids rolling?

> grip & maneuverability > longevity > smoothness

also im poor, dont want to spend a lot. what are the best tires to get?

Thank!!

well if you are poor you need longevity and not grip, negro.

Michelin or ride the fucking bus.

>Michelin or ride the fucking bus
damn ur retarded

You can't have it all with tires. Features that give you comfort and traction tend to increase rolling resistance and increase fuel consumption.
So it depends what you want out of them.

ill tell you what i want out of my car tire... i want to buy some that are super reliable and cheap so i can STOP thinking about car tires on my saturday and go back to living my life

> longevity
> performance
> cheap

Pick 1

goodyear slicks r for the cool kids
just dont get cheap re-treads invest in a new set

protip: every winter buy two new wheels and switch your old fronts to the back, and discard the back.

>he doesnt know that Michelins is by far the best tire manufacturer and has made the best rated tires for many years now and in racing Michelin is the most winning tire for like two decades now and if you dont have michelins you might as well not drive or even own a car.

longevity

if you drive fast enough you only need 2 wheels

>honda accord lx
what year

Fucking this

Yokohama YK740 GTX

If you cant afford them go sell some blood and sperm. DONT BUY CHEAP TIRES.

If you don't drive spiritedly and don't have to deal with lots of adverse weather there's plenty of high mileage tires available

can this tire be repaired

it can be made to hold air and roll but it might develop a bulge that will shake that you will feel. I had a bolt in my tire and thats what happened to me.

Looks like a very easy repair. Get it to a shop and have them plug it. Middle of tire, and in a spot where its not under heavy stress - piece of cake

Continental Premium Contact 5
They're great on the rain and grip really good.

just get some generic all seasons

I would, if it wasn't driven on flat which would have damaged the sidewalls. The dry rot is a little worrying though, I'd probably replace it anyway in the near future.

Continentals m8. Michelin's good, and better than Continental when it comes to outright fast tires, but Conti makes them grippy and comfy at the same time. Look at the ExtremeContactSport or the older ExtremeContact DW.

If you can't afford to replace the exact tire, find a substitute that matches the tread pattern. If you're a cheap nig then roll down to the Phoenix Wheel and Tire outlet in maryvale and get suited up for cheap

I have a 2009 Accord EX-L sedan and run Michelin Defenders on it. No need to get fancy summer tires for a fucking econobarge

Defenders are nice because they have a crazy high tread wear rating, like 800 or something

They're low rolling resistance. Their only caveat is that their braking abilities are on the downside

Be on alert. I've done a few panic stops and they've held up fine. Thing is in the long run they're gonna last much longer than cheap sports tires

>dry rot

Yep, exactly. It was strange at first having to adjust my driving habits around having those on my car. But they're quiet and saw a slight MPG increase through 65k miles of commuting

thanks guys

this should do while i save up for defenders

>cheap tyres
>not triangle
top kek they are like $70 a tyre

And they suck. I had them. On my Lancer

Not only that, they are also cheaper than the oem tires sports cars usually come with

When I got a bolt in my tire I did the same to fix it. I was going to get the tire replaced, but after few days it held air and didn't seem to be a problem. I ended up putting like 30k miles on it. Towards the end it developed a small bulge, but it was only noticeable at highway speeds. I don't drive on the highway so it wasn't a problem.

Just keep an eye on it.

Good man. Defenders will serve you well

Please patch your tire afterwards, des.

wdym

I like my Avid Envigors on the daily.

Seriously, dont go any lower than this. >17707833

>Redpill me

Shit bait

Michelin. Defender or premier.

Most shops don't do plugs anymore, only patches (maybe) usually they refuse