Manual transmission

>manual transmission
>red light at a very steep incline
FUCK this
My car rolled back into the Jeep behind me.
How do you properly navigate these types of lights.

Hand brake / Rev it a little while clutch is in.
Not that hard nigger.

git gud

This

Use the handbrake to keep yourself from rolling backwards. Give it some gas, ease of the clutch, and release the handbrake when you start to feel the clutch bite and the car inches forward.

Use your right foot to hold down both the gas and the brake
When the light turns green, simultaneously dump the clutch and pivot your right foot clockwise about the heel, so as to release the brake without letting off the gas.
Works every time

>Wait until car in front of you gets a good distance away from you
>Floor it
>Repeat until you get a good feel about how much gas is needed to stay above the stall point

this but how a non-autist would describe it

>hold brake (right foot heel)
>apply throttle while still holding brake (right foot toes)
>let out clutch simultaneously (left foot)

you need a decent pedal setup and non baby feet. you might have to use the hand-brake like a scrub

Umm pretty sure that you mixed up some this there

My BMW has 3 second brake hold, its actually nice.

this, handbreak tech its for fags

What is feathering the clutch gas as to not die and not roll back. Find a hill in a parking lot or some other place. Go there when no one else is there and practice.

My dad wouldn't let me get my liscense until I showed him I could take off at an incline without using the handbrake and rolling back.

That was over 30 years ago now, come on man you got this.

it depends which way your foot feels more natural to rotate. for me its braking with the ball of my foot and rev matching with my toes.

i love seeing autist trying to force them selfs to bend there foot backwards because they "learned" how to heel toe from a youtube video

doesn't work in a car that needs 4k+ rpm to take off (suzuki 1600cc 16V)

proper heel-toe is essential

Oh I see now. You do a reverse heel toe. I'm going to try that out

Put in gear and shut off. Engage hand brake. Get out and politely tell driver behind you he is too close and he will have to back up before you can go.
Or if he's a bro ask him to pull up until he's just nudging your bumper.

I'd only do this if he's inches away. If you have a full foot or so you should be able to do it.

Stop using obsolete technology.

only low test cucks need the handbrake

Stop with plenty of space ahead of you then once theperson behindyou stops, rock back and forthwhile you wait for green. I actually enjoy doing this on gradual inclines

>2017
>Keep down the brakes and clutch pedal
>Depress brakes
>The ESP keeps the brakes engaged for some seconds because the sensors are aware of the car being inclined
>Release clutch and press gas
>Done

>farewell, clutch

Found this out the hard way in an RX-7. So much clutch smell.

>what did they mean by 20ft/lbs at idle

Enjoy wasting your throwout bearing and clutch nigger

Ever hear of a handbrake?

It's better than feathering the clutch. On steep inclines I heel toe, but it would be easier to rock, depending on how steep the incline is. Stop and go traffic on steep inclines is the worst though.

>People have to do this
Just switch your brake foot over fast jesus you guys

Also this, I drive torquey v8 cars now and they're much different about hillstarts and clutch grab than the Accord I learned on.

OP said a very steep incline.

For very steep inclines you use a handbrake.
Not every time you have to stop on a hill obviously, derp.

Unintentionally lifting the front tires doing this in my fox is what got me to start heel-toeing

My """handbrake""" is foot operated so I can't use it to help on hills. That's okay it just makes me git gud

>not launching at 3k rpm
It's like you people don't even like driving

You use the handbrake to keep yourself from rolling back on an incline in bumper to bumper traffic. Not to mention playing with the clutch will cause uneeded wear.

or you just git gud at moving your foot from the brake to the gas quickly.

sure you will roll back an inch or two but protip if you are quick enough that isnt going to make you bump the guy behind

some people don't have the luxury of a working handbrake

just ask literally any 90s BMW owner

This i streched my cable doing handbrake turns and now if i need to park on a hill i just put it in first. I know its probably not good practice but i stopped giving a fuck after people kept rear ending my car.

>Brakes on till clutch grabs
>Have actual reflexes

>heel toe to move from a stop
Just fucking accelerate faster you autists. Fucking hell

>right foot on brake
>left foot gets to the bite
>release brake
>car rolls forward anyway
Feels good having muh torks

I have plenty of torques, never really been an issue

If you're good you barely shift back at all, or you can try rocking your foot over the gas and brake pedals at the same time.

>tfw diesel master race

Petrol cucks will never know what it feels like to not worry about a little hill

>what is brake assist
fucking redditors I swear

why does diesel have anything to do with inclines?

More torks means more power, if you have enough then you can just drop the clutch to start moving without hitting the gas, it's pretty handy.

>Brake assist
>Manual

Jesus christ just get an auto.

You can practically dump the clutch of a diesel into first with 0 throttle and come away a winner, albeit with whiplash.

>Clutch in, right foot on brake
>Heel over to throttle and let out clutch until you feel RPM drop
>Slowly let off brake and away you go

Increase RPM relative to incline.

Literally just know your car and be quick. I used to be scared of this but now I don't because I actually know how to drive manual now.

>virgin hillstart
>madly fussing with the handbrake, the gear lever, the horn, and all three pedals at once
>starts crying if he slides back a nanometer
>gives up after one try and gets a micra with a cvt
>chad hillstart
>yells at the person behind him to give him a boost
>lets his shit roll way back while he nuts into stacey's mouth
>smacks into the jeep
>launches so hard he's launched over the hill directly to his destination

How fucking retarded are you, you autistic mong. Handbrake on, rev the fuck outta it then dump that bitch and be on your way. Fucking cunt