Drifting in city streets

Anyone tried it?
What's a good LWB RWD platform to use?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0EutGUdwHQQ
youtu.be/f8JksoIUdMY?t=21
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Honestly a miata with a limited slip and either some extra power or some skinnier rubber is pretty good for city streets because you can get it sliding at low speeds. You can't carry a lot of angle though because of short wheelbase.
I guess also a Toyota 86 would be pretty good if not better. Longer wheelbase.

Gas yourself.

BMW e36 or a 240SX

BMW M5

youtube.com/watch?v=0EutGUdwHQQ

Keep it to the track faggot no one thinks you're cool for endangering others

>implying everyone lives near a track

I do, but fuck the track. The streets are more fun, I can't wait to kill myself and take some ''innocents'' to hell with me.

What's your fucking problem?

I was being sarcastic, I don't even have a driving license.

rip in peace mah dude

>I was being sarcastic, I don't even have a drivers license

Perfect banner for Veeky Forums right here

Did he dieded?

Yeah while driving shotgun.

LS400, Q45, BMW 5 series

First two need Manuel swap tho

Then don't do it, stop being a retard or take the trip to a track.

You have a car, use it.

It's not that easy for everyone, that's why people practice in parking lots too. There's a drag strip 5 hours from me that has one drift day a year. That's by far my closest legal option for drifting, unless I were to move out of state.

No one around. No problem.
No idea why so many of these cucks are so anal about this.

Practice a lot in empty parking lots before actually doing fuckshit on the street or you're gonna make a fool of yourself. Also look up the potential fine if the cops get you just in case.
Also to start off it really doesn't matter what car you choose as long as it has 200ish HP so you don't have to weight transfer as much. I'd just get some cheap piece of shit with a reliable engine and strip it.

What kind of parking lots do you look for?

Why drive a sports car when you don't live near a track? You realize that's exactly the same as driving a mall crawler and never taking it off road right?

drifting in charlottesville

I've personally practiced mainly on a government parking lot at the edge of town and a place where the road is extended close to where I live, making something like a big circle with two long straights leading to it so people can see you and you can see them coming. I have some friends who have done it in the parking lots of malls and shit but then you're just being a dick to the security guy.

Because I like them and enjoy driving hard when I can. I didn't choose to grow up in flyover country, and I couldn't afford to move away yet if I wanted to.

>mfw poorfag
>mfw nearest track is an hour away

Nah.

LS swap a v6 SN95 or New Edge mustang. Can be had for dirt cheap, weld diff, and can be easily found in manual.

Kys

Done it before on accident cause I hit a right turn too hard. You could probably manage with any RWD car if you just want to drift.

Don't be a faggot OP. If you have to ask "wut car iz gud" for street drifting then you should stay far away from it. I drift on both the street and the track and street drifting is a really solid way to get in big trouble with your car. Accidents or police involvement are much more likely than if you just stick to the track.

Picking a good spot to slide is super important for street drifting. Has to be secluded and open enough for an inexperienced drifter. Don't if you don't know the area well I wouldn't recommend staying there for longer than 10 minutes as a general rule of thumb. Bring spotters who can look out for cops and other traffic if you're doing it on a blind corner. Industrial areas on a sunday evening are usually pretty solid choices.

As far as your actual question if you're looking for a long wheelbase car I'd recommend the SC300, IS300 or the tried and true S14 (240sx)

Not OP, but how would is200 instead of 300 do?

Not enough power to break traction properly. Chassis is perfect, but the 1G-FE is too weak. Turbo it to almost 300 (stock internals will do some 280 hp, I think) and then you can have fun.

This is fucking beautiful, thanks for the laugh.

lol

youtu.be/f8JksoIUdMY?t=21
>tfw drifting on empty city road is instant license loss where i live

its literally "safer" to do 1/4th than drift at 50km/h on the streets.....

>Drifting in city streets
Drift a .45 slug into your brain

>slug
Want to know how I know that you don't know anything about guns?

Wanna know how I know you're full of shit? Because I'm surrounded by guns and handloading equipment

>implying using the term 'slug' is incorrect

That's drag racing.

>
Perfect banner for Veeky Forums right here
MAKE IT HAPPEN
m-m-mods?

My 99 ls1 trans am is amazing for street drifting. You need a lot of power at low rpm and good predictable handling. And balls and actual skill. also good tires

Ive never hit anything except a pothole when i was full throttle drifting. Sounded lile my tire exploded or some shit but it was fine

Trans am guy here

I also drift my brothers gs300

>tfw full throttle redlined 2nd gear drifting at 60-70mph watching your tires dissapear in the rear view

I also got a ticket from drifting on the street