Who drives the Focus RS?

I was curious as to the type of crowd the RS attracts. I know that Ford hatches such as the ST models usually attract a more mature audience than the likes of the WRX. I am asking this question because I am buying one and I want to know what stereotypes I'm going to be subjected to. A big reason I am not buying a WRX is due to the negative connotations associated with the cars fanbase.

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/subaru/wrx-sti
caranddriver.com/ford/focus-rs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can't answer your question.

Have you considered the VW GTI or VW Golf R?

If you're in the market for a hot hatch, you should at least test drive a VW.

>A big reason I am not buying a WRX is due to the negative connotations associated with the cars fanbase.
I hear you.

The same people who drive stock STI's, GTI's, Focus/Fiesta ST's... 50 year old guys in their mid life crisis.

Cant say ive seen a single rs driver above roughly 30. Subaru is mostly young guys who got some money or older asian guys in suits getting in touch with their young adulthood hooning days. Fist and fost usually driven buy wannabe enthusiasts and midlife crisis crowd.

or better, try a Seat Leon, it uses the same platform as the Golf but it's more sportier, although it's less comfy.

and it cost like 10 grand less

Who gives a fuck it's your money and enjoyment get what you think is pleasing

People who don't realize the STI is

>faster to 100mph by 1.3 seconds
>faster to 130mph by 2.7 seconds
>faster through the 1/4 mile by .1 seconds

Essentially the people who fell for the paid Ford shills and journalists who have shit all over the STI. This is exactly the reason YOU did not know that the STI is so much faster.

source:
caranddriver.com/subaru/wrx-sti
caranddriver.com/ford/focus-rs

I'll give credit to the STI, it can actually take more power and boost. The RS is at its fucking limits with power, even the engineers say so.

The STI is the case of 'just strong enough' but with room to spare compared to a WRX.

How many people actually take their cars to the track to even push those numbers?

STI is a pretty rough ride and if you want to talk speed it will get absolutely spanked by a GTI with $600 of software adjustment.

That and the interior of WRX/STI is dogshit.

>caranddriver.com/subaru/wrx-sti
Zero to 60 mph: 4.8 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 6.4 sec

So basically it's only fast if you launch the absolute shit out of it.
Which is, as any Subaru owner knows, an excellent way of destroying your car.

the one guy I know who has one is
>mid-late 20's
>engineering job
>very strong work ethic
>a bit quiet
>owns a home (paying off mortgage of course)
>has a gf who lives with him
overall a pretty cool dude imo
he hasn't done much to the car. mudflaps and a bit of vinyl

I don't think this guy is representative of the average RS owner

You should stop caring about what people think and be objective of what you want from a car and how it feels.

I own a stock STi, 27 make 6 figures, don't vape, closing on an investment property on Wednesday. The only person I know that has a RS is an attending physician in his 50 going through a divorce. Though I will say, it's not really a mid life crisis vehicle as he also had a Ferrari and gtr before switching to the rs.

I have an RS
20 years old, european fresh in America and was looking for a hot hatch.
A big reason why i bought it because it stands out more than your average vapecar or golf R and its a bit more unique at least where i am.
My question is why care so much about stereotypes? Just buy a car that you like

IMO the RS attracts the same crowd who wants an AWD sedan type vehicle

Surprising how few makers actually make AWD sedans, Subaru, Ford (in this case) and acura and lexus to a certain extent do but thats it.

No. It attracts the same people who buy those GLA45 AMG abominations. Literally every sedan comes in """"""Awd""""". A boring Sedan is literally the polar opposite of a boyracer RS.

Are you fucking retarded? what does the AMG have to do with this? Subaru has been doing AWD sedans far longer

Kia/Genesis

do they come in manual? I forgot about that

AWD manual sedans are pretty uncommon

wat
People who drive these cars are usually dudebros in their late 20s or early 30s.
Midlife crisis guys drive low tier sports cars like Corvettes and shit.

I have to Ford dealers in my area, and I find it really interesting that neither carry an ST but both carry several RSes. They each used to have several STs on the lot. Is this a sign that the ST is kill?

People who like the RS also like flashy look at me cars like AMG's. They just can't afford the nicer things and settle for the RS.

It depends where you live I guess. In this rich ass oil city at least 80% of the "hothatches" here are driven by 40+ year olds. The other 20% are the dudebro/vape type, etc. A lot of boomers have a GTI or something as a daily and a Corvette to take to the country club. It's weird, I know. I guess they're trying to feel young.

>flashy look at me

>Haldex

Young professionals with lots of of money to spend, maybe single or in a casual relationship, not necessarily into motorsports or anything. Some user called it a "muscle hatch" once and it kinda fits the bill.

An STI you can launch, WRX not so much. WRX gets 0-60 in 4.7 but also requires a hard launch by slipping the clutch which will still destroy transmission eventually and if you do it wrong immediately.

More mature version of WRX crowd..

>i want a sports car
>I dont want to show off or the attention that comes with a 911, BMW, or Corvette

Do you see that this is a discreet but fun car? Doctor can park it in his lot without pissing of his patients etc.

I'd say the focus is better than the STI because the STI looked like a fucking soap-bar econoshitbox. old STIs had nice designs, but the current gen looks like fucking shit. Looks like a fucking versa with a wing.

Ford Racing tunes boost power and torque to 370/376 without effecting warranty. So there is a bit of breathing space.

>I know that Ford hatches such as the ST models usually attract a more mature audience than the likes of the WRX
are you joking? Hot Fords are chav wagons

My local Jimmy Johns uses an RS for deliveries.

Met three RS drivers in the military. Pretty normal guys honestly, I couldn't stereotype them at a glance.

>low tier
>corvette

That 1 series would rape the RS