/rsg/ - Runescape General

Ironmeme edition

Previous thread: Next dxp weekend May 19th.

Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.comwiki/Update:Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?15,16,803,65903630
>BTS
services.runescape.com/m=news/the-month-ahead--may-2017?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news
>Menaphos update [June 5th]
runescape.com/info/menaphos
>Menaphos stream #2:
youtube.com/watch?v=En1tm8U6_TQ

Other urls found in this thread:

runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculator:Summoning/Charms_to_experience
youtube.com/watch?v=ledTtp2gy6U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Abbinah when?

nobody likes ur meme retard

I do

*Blocks your path*

Whats so special about the void knight armor? I see lots people says its pretty good but it looks pretty shit to me

wearing it give boost to damage and accuracy

its outdated like half of this game

good for genociding lletya elves

It's shit and not used anywhere in the game if you aren't shit

Alright so I haven't played in about a year.

Here is what I have
>Full Arma/Bandos/Subj
>RCB/Shadow Glaives/Drygore/Virtus
>DEGRADABLE Seasinger/Tetsu/Lotus
>All 3 fight kiln capes
>About 2mil in gold and 15mil in sellable assets
>About 600 Overload(4), 200 Super Antifire(4), 100 Super Restore(4), 35 of each of those in Flasks, 30 Supreme Overloads/Super Prayers/Holy Overloads

My thoughts are
>Sell stuff off, tan some hides to make starter cash
>During BXP do Farm Run > Get 84 Craft > Spend rest of gold on Summoning
>Then whatever I feel like, probably DG and Slayer

Questions:
1. What else would you recommend to make cash. I have never done Arraxor but it doesn't seem too hard. I have done about 300 QBD trips though
2. Should I dump these Glaives, I heard that the new Ranged ability is super strong. Should I go for that sooner or later?
3. Any opinions on changes to my gameplan?
4. Is Invention still horrible to level?

Is there a good DXP Summoning Calculator Anywhere?

Memevention is pretty easy now
Somewhat useful too
>slayer during bxp
No you retard, DG is fine but not goddamned slayer, do thieving or agility or some shit

runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculator:Summoning/Charms_to_experience

MULTIPLY WHAT IT TELLS YOU BY TWO((((CRUCIALSTEP****

I have 95+ in all combat stats and I'm still using GWD1 shit because I'm poor. I can only afford to buy one style armor/weapon upgrade. What style would be best for entry level PvM so I can start working toward other sets?

lance

is seedicide worth it?

I'm getting close to 120 slayer and I haven't gained a single level in farming from seedicide

it's free, just do spotlighted bonanza while your getting thaler for trim

yesh
slut blades are 1-2m a piece
1. /shrug
2. i like my glaives, hang on to them until you get a t90 range weapon
3. dxp on slayer seems a waste, new content coming with menaphos soon so you'll likely train slayer afterwards regardless
4. nah its super fast get a fishing rod and some siphons or stock up on black salamanders then watch the xp roll in

im never going to bother with trim since im not autistic enough to play 72 days of castlewars

How much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ am I gonna get from this

No I didn't put any gold in the coffers for a year either

just make sure you put money before collecting and it's good

More than I expected tbqh

I had 5mil left and was only at 40% so I am guessing at some point it stopped processing I'd reckon

Don't get memed on, it's useless

Should I sell my Noxious Longbow and buy a scythe?
I mostly use the longbow on QBD and Gregorovic. I also use it on Araxxi but I'm told that melee Rax is way better.

>harcore

Is it cost-effective to use super str/atk/def when grinding melee?

depends on the skill level

I'm at an even 70/70/70 for str/atk/def.

all of them give a boost of 2 + 12% of level, so in your case you would go to 80, a boost of 10.
Assuming 4 dose vial prices for all of them, you would be paying 704 gp per level boosted.
Do note that these boosts decay over time, so to maintain a 10 level boost you would need to drink another dose every minute.

What's the best fishing xp from 80-99?

loot from 27 minute nightmares task

+1m in alchs

80-93 barbarian
93-96 waterfall
96-99 wobbegongs when available, waterfall when not

confirmed for ~30m/hr

>nightmare gauntlets are still dropping
Why

the goyim finally found out

So what are your plans for dxp?

dung

60m summoning n chill

I know they say don't train combat for dxp but I'm training combat and slayer

literally nothing
and it feels so good

>thaler

slayer

tfw

so what's fun to do in this game now

its still 33 days of spotlighted minigames and i would rather spend the thaler on stuff thats actually useful

Gonna get like seven 99's. Feels gud

What's the best custom skybox and why is it dusk?

>runescape
>f*n

None, I comped a few weeks ago.

So glad I never have to worry about DXP again

So based on what we seen does anyone expect Menaphos to be at all good?

I cant imagine it being worth the months of shit updates we've had to endure because "muh expansions"
I'm expecting huge community backlash and jagex backpedaling hard.

Not at all, there's absolutely nothing of interest because they retardedly aimed it at midfags, who don't exist. Hell the slayer dungeon isn't even in Menaphos but Sophanem.

>Menaphos
>sohpaneM
>Sophanem
>menahpoS

am I retarded that just now I realized that?

yes.

THAT FUCKING BLACK DEMON NIGGER IN WITH THE BRONZE DRAGONS IN THE BRIMHAVEN DUNGEON

are you ok user?

>they retardedly aimed it at midfags
Not to mention every thing they hyped up 6 months ago is looking to be total shite

>120 slayer!
>only 2 slayer tasks (with 6 "variants" each like gano/ascensions)
>one slayer boss
>they're all crammed in one dungeon
>player becoming the last slayer master (and assigning his own tasks) scrapped

>Shifting tombs skilling dungeon!
>Dg lite

Clown probably got a new edate off the GE and didn't think she'd run from him the second she saw a powerful black demon

>>only 2 slayer tasks
That's a good thing though, because it includes 12 new monsters so you don't have to waste all those slots blocking/preferring and lets you choose which monsters to kill.

>so you don't have to waste all those slots blocking/preferring and lets you choose which monsters to kill.
or they could do some actual QA and not make tasks people want to instantly block like the fucking elite slayer mobs and gem dragons.

It's silly that they're expanding the skill by21 levels (and 90 million xp) and the only content for it is in a single dungeon

All I wanted was to peacefully complete my slayer task but this smarmy piece of shit insisted at hurling spheres of hell-fire at me to ruin my day.

>tfw I don't have hard karamja tasks done so I don't have to deal with gem dragons

If you watched the stream you'd know the guy making the dungeon said gemstone dragons are dogshit and that he's going to fix the mess his coemployees did after he's done with the dungeon because he's been busy since January. He also said that the later monsters in the dungeon are going to be more complex but not as much as the level 96 slayer monsters to please both babies that can't handle anything that isn't afk and people that prefer elite slayer tasks.

In other words he knows what he's doing.

>single dungeon
with 13 new monsters, that's more than the popular polypore and ascension dungeon.

I have them done and have never even gotten offered them as a task.

>and the only content for it is in a single dungeon
They're also including more slayer point unlocks like another tier for the slayer helm.

>people that prefer elite slayer tasks
All 3 of them?

Believe it or not people do like ripper demons for being the best slayer exp in the game.

They're also all hunted for the raptor key pieces.

>for being the best slayer exp in the game.
not for long lmao

Yep, although people are gonna need 117 slayer apparently for the last monsters in the dungeon apparently, so ripper demons are still good until then.

>level up strength to 60 on an hp pure alt to see if I can kill some cursed energy bots
>spend like 2 weeks levelling, but finally hit it
>obby maul, bronze armor
>head off to volcano
>no lvl 3's in sight
>all lvl 24's
>they have just enough hp to survive a hit, and then tele away
>keep hopping worlds
>find a lvl 3
>kill him
>lvl 42 comes out and 1shots me
>think its just another pker
>nope, they have bots that protect the bots
why didn't i listen to you guys, i could have been training slayer all this time

lol

>JAG significantly more secure than 2FA
>Jagex has "account security week"
>Decides now is the best time to make accounts more vulnerable by permanently removing JAG as a security option, thereby making thousands of accounts less secure

Like pottery

>be mage pure
>hit 85 magic
>cast teleblock on bots
>???
>profit

jag was a piece of shit though, I completely forgot my security questions and plus that shit is easy as piss to get into with basic social engineering

have you tried dusk + warm? that's the stuff user

>jag is a piece of shit because i don't know how to use properly use security questions

dumbasses like you are the reason why companies like jagex treat everyone like a 50IQ drooling idiot and the reason why JAG is phased out, because its "too complicated" for stupid plebs

I've mostly been using dusk+grayscale, because muh comfy film noire aesthetic.

It's not my fault I was a twat several years ago and put in joke answers and my short term memory is actually literally retarded.
But security questions aren't secure at all because social media exists and many common ones can be bruteforced.

cute

Everytime someone gets hacked it's usually because they accidentally revealed details about themselves on chat/stream that the ''hacker'' uses to answer the security questions.

It's obsolete because people are manipulable and forgetful.

it's not obsolete if you don't have the opsec of a kinder-gardener

Except your average person DOES have the opsec of a toddler.

you didn't read the second sentence did you?

it doesn't matter if you think of yourself as an infallible genius above the simple minded sheep around you, the system HAS to account for the mayority of people and the tons and tons of cases of people getting hacked for revealing personal details is what makes JAG need to be replaced.

so why is it necessary to punish those with good security habits? just put a warning on it : "don't use this if you're a dumb fuck"

because dumb fucks don't think they're a dumb fuck.

Because I'd imagine jagex falls into the category of dumb fucks and don't realize some people can use it, also that thing where stupid people thing they're smarter than they are.

But who protects the protection bots?

>we have to take just the option of good security tools away from competent users because stupid people are braindead

this is why communism doesn't work

>good security tools
user everyone and their mom also thought they were smart and couldn't be hacked.

It's a bad system because it's not secure.

Meg is for ____.

Dead by Daylight.

>gonna finally grind 96 herb this dxp
>looking at close to a ~50m loss assuming I can sell pots for GE price
>tfw gonna have to do a rebuy/resell midway through grinding herb, selling 100m worth of pots and rebuying 100m worth of mats
>tfw a million different people are gonna be selling pots trying to do the same thing and i probably will get way less than GE price
;__;

It's worth it, user.
Once you start camping bosses, you'll make your money back so quickly.

Is there any actual reason to use a malevolent kiteshield for resonance over any other shield?
Not talking raids or anything like that here, just resonance for GWD2 and such.

it's a higher tier shield and you'll heal more from it.

it's 50% + .5% x level, so a t90 shield has the chance to heal 95% of the incoming hits damage

plebbitors baka
plebbit(dot)cum/r/runescape/comments/6bqg5e/today_i_proposed_to_my_girlfriend_of_3_years_that/

>not just posting the video
youtube.com/watch?v=ledTtp2gy6U

Huh, okay guess I'll get a malev then.
Good thing they're cheap.

ya but then you can't see the comments of these pathetic virgins