/CCG/ - Classic Car General

/CCG/ - Classic Car General

Why Don't You Live In Your Classic? edition

Bring your classic and lets all get dope and swish in our eyes together.

>Cars are considered classic at 25 years old, shopping carts not so much.

>Everybody has their own taste, either if it's of age or rarity. Liquor, too.

>Post your classic, your work on it, your clearing stick, and get advice

>Any and all discussion about classics welcome, even Cyrus' fuckin' Corvette

>Any and all classics welcome regardless of nationality, Canadian or American.

>Rust is a bitch, and not for the faint of heart; tread lightly and carry a rum and coke

>You will inevitably spend twice your budget, no exceptions unless you mint your own hash coins

Other urls found in this thread:

buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/d/1956-ford-custom-2-door-sedan/6261891242.html
m.ebay.com/itm/RARE-two-tone-1978-Excalibur-Series-III-Phaeton-with-454-1978-Excalibur-/162627950043?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thank you. I think I'm gonna just start tearing shit down. Well, first I'm gonna lap the valves on the new heads, then I'm gonna take the intake off the motor and try to tackle all the issues at the same time (misfire, coolant leak, wanting to upgrade to HO heads/cam/intake etc)

64 Falcon from last bread

Managed to get the cluster and column remounted today but snapped a cable trying to reinstall the heater controls, also have to wait on finishing the carpet and doing the seats until i get new belts delivered.

why don't you have a greasy-ass-beater whore to play in /ccg/?

Went wheeling with my dad last weekend in his 1979 J54. Like a CJ3B, but a little spiffier. Needs minor clutch work, but other than that runs beautifully. Always worried about something major breaking and being SOL for parts.

In slim chance you notice this reply in new thread.

Geting must stuff from dearborn/macs, sometimes summit. She will be golden here soon, at least for a while. I'am also east bay, Fairfield. I mean she will still look like a rat rod, but I will hopefully get her primed some time later this year.

most* fuk

Mother fucker, I shouldn't have jumped the gun fuk. Eh my excuse is its late.

Anyways you got different horn ring, and now that I look at the other thread you don't have as much chrome as I do, you have a sedan model?

>Pull 1990 Volvo 244 DL into garage to change oil.
>See puddle
>Think transmission cooler line must be fucked again.
>mfw it's just water

Well, orange ford is out of commission for now. Pic is of the bottom of the flywheel and bell housing.

God that poor car

Yeah, its the basic sedan, not the futura like yours. Dearborn and macs are both subcompanies of Ecklers, i got the steering wheel/ring by ordering the dearborn part number from the macs page.
When i bought the car it had the same wheel as yours but with a plain horn button in the center.

I already have your mother

>went to see a 69 Buick GS
>seller said it was a nice condition daily driver
>literally riddled with mouse feces and urine
>could not sit in it for more than a minute without feeling sick
>while checking for rust accidentally touched a mouse carcass

Would it be possible to get rid of this horrendous smell or would I need to gut the interior? Already needs a new headliner and carpet for sure.

That's an awful picture, man

what is this roadkill? fucking gross

that reminds me of the time I found a mummified rat in the driver's side seat of a ranchero

you can get it to go away but its going to be a long slow process.
and some hints may come back on hot days.
you can try the easy route of cleaning and washing everything you can then go to the pet store and get a couple bottles of enzymatic spray for carpet.
its specifically made to break down and get rid of the smell of urine.

Yeah, i know. Quality is shit because it's a tight fit and phone camera wouldn't focus right.

Can I join your club?

shure

>)

My dad had one when we moved to America

How do you like yours?

Is it manual?

>Welcome to /CCG/

you can have her im gay anyways

>Tfw your radiator fucking explodes

Where tf am I gonna find one...

How bad is "explodes"?
Take it to a rad shop and get their expert opinion on getting it fixed

Mine was in similar condition, strip interior and apply liberal amount of laquer thinner to clean everything

what does /ccg/ think of this 56 ford 2 door sedan for 6 grand?

buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/d/1956-ford-custom-2-door-sedan/6261891242.html

Not bad at all.

If the bottom is solid I'd do it.

(You)
(You)

Thought she looked a little naked, nice to see another 4 door tho, everyone where I live has the 2 doors models, expect for 3 guys which have 4 doors, but only me and 1 other have 4 door futuras models. Funny thing is is that vin says she was made in New Jersey, and that means she some how made her way cross country in the 60s, other wise she wouldn't have calis 60s plates. And on the keys theres what looks like a base number for where the vet was stationed in Vietnam, and a veteran association tag, from ohio. Wish this car could speak, would have story for the ages I bet.

That last pic of the dash is fairly old, here have a updated pic.

for anyone who has had their car painted/ had body work done professionally around how much does it cost? i know every car is different and w/e but ive got this big ass car that needs all new paint and some body work done and i have no idea how much its going to cost. i havent gone anywhere to get an estimate either

Anywhere in the ballpark of $6000-$10000
If you do some of the prep work yourself it would be cheaper

This is just what I've heard, but I think in general a paint job runs a few thousand. A hundred or two per dent, depending on how big it is. My car needs paint badly but I'm probably going to take a crack at it myself

Yeah! Mexican blanket interiors!

Rent a cheap sander to prep and just rattlecan it, it'll look fine with polish and wax if you're patient and dilligent.

I like them, but if I had the extra money I would just get the seats reupholstered.

It's not a permanent solution for my car, either. Now that I've gotten my Lincoln sorted out, I can take the Imperial in and have the seats redone; that is, once the shop is ready.

No pics right now, but I'm a /k/ommando who just shook on $500 for a beaten up old ford fairlane.

I can't salvage the floor pans, and it needs a new brake line, wheels, and seats (I'll need to install mounts)

I've done welding before, I build lots of shit (I'm one of the guys from the parts kit/gunsmithing general) and have more time than cash.

I've already sourced some parts.

How fucked am I?
I'm heading off to work btw, so I won't respond til AM hours.

Realized I should have included specs.

V8 (dunno the exact model, but it's definitely been ducked with because it has a bunch of shit that looks different and some stuff alluding to having been a drag racing car)
All the windows are included, the thing starts, the electrical stuff looks good.

I have access to a full shop of car repair shit, and friends to walk my retarded ass through when google won't help me.

I'm picking it up tomorrow.

I found it with plans of being a dd/ family cruiser so it def had to be a 4 door. Was a 1 family car, built in san jose, sold in Concord, ended up back here in hayward with the grandkids of original owner and i picked it off craigslist last april.

It dosent have dents or anything but it used to have a vinyl top some time ago and has since been removed and the holes from whatever was keeping it on are still there. Some of them were shittily bondo-d over but there are some that aren't. There are some other small problems but that's the bulk of the body work

guess I won't be bleeding my brakes today...

No bubba no

previous owner rattle canned it for like less than $100. I'd love to re paint it but I don't want to drive a birdless firebird since the decals are expensive as fuck.
Made the jump from guns to cars too. If you've had any experience with gunsmithing none of this will really be that new and if you need anything feel free to ask we'd be glad to give advice and help you out. I have a buddy that's really into farlanes, what year is yours?

forgot pic, my bad!

>Alberta

Hey bud

68, thanks.
Just spending some time waiting until I need to go, so I'll be here around ten minutes to answer questions.

Thanks for the offer man.

68's look super cool, It's not a fastback is it? Anyway, My buddy has 2 67's one parts car and one he's restoring.

My paint was 4k, incl about 1k in bodywork

What the fuck am I looking at?

One incredibly rusted wheel cylinder and bleeder nipple

Going to be checking out a 90 honda tomorrow. Where are key places should I inspect for rust? It was repainted recently too, is that going to conceal any rust that may be there?

DO NOT DRIVE THIS VEHICLE

Pretty much my plan for my falcon to.

I had a 1953. If its as solid as it looks, then thats a pretty good deal for one that nice. Just a heads up, that thing is an around town kinda car. Maybe on the highway if youre ok witg pushing it ay 60mph. Super easy to work on, rockauto has majority of parts for it. You'll have to special order tires. Comfy as fuck though.

Though legally a classic, this is not the thread for that... i doubt any of us have the 3k civic.

Wheel wells and frame. And yeah, the paint will conceal rust. Doubt the owner will let you peel it off to check

beautiful.. Do it. There was a 55 Chevy or something similar for sale in my area, swapped in small block with 4 on the floor for sale for 8k a couple years ago. Never went to check it out, still regret it

sorry about that. the QTDDTOT thread wasn't biting.

cheers

Um, I have lived in the volvo for about 3 months... Fortunately that was a bit ago.

Was building and didn't make it in time for winter.

Also I guess these are more the just old, not classics, but piss off, they're old.

Shit, I thought that was a brighter pic.

>1970 Chevy Impala 3door
>doesn't look too rusty. Does need new paint and a polish on the internals.
>automatic
>$1600
Tell me why not...

Sadly no, but like I said it has the V8.
It honestly doesn't look exactly stock in terms of the frame.

Kinda like some bastardized fastback/standard, though this could just be me not truly understanding the proper angle based off of pics from the internet.

Postan favorite paint job pulled from the web so far.

What size v8? IIRC the 62-70's were unibodies and that frame modification very well could be subframe connectors. Can you supply pics of the car?

Sadly not today.
I forgot to take pics, and it's getting delivered tomorrow around noon.
I'll take pics sometime tomorrow.

Please explain subframe connectors to a fucktard.

So on unibody cars like your fairlane or my Trans am the frame is 2 pieces meaning that the middle of the car isn't supported. In short they tie the front and rear frame together stiffen up the car to make sure it won't twist or bend.

Gotcha...so, in theory, if I found a replacement back or front half I could probably get rid of a lot of the rust and have a solid place to mount floor pans without welding a whole new fucking floor in the damn thing?

sorta kinda, The frame is probably good okay as long as you can't stick your finger through it. The frame doesn't really touch the floor plus there's usually a cross member for the floor and it's usually on the body. You'd be better off cutting the rust out and fabricated or buying new floor plans. They literally make new trunk floors and footwells that you can weld in. If it's just holes you can patch it but if it's really gone you'll have to do that.

Fuck man, thats not even as bad as the bleeder on my truck tbh1

Oh, excellent.
That makes this whole thing even more manageable.

They even make quarter panel skins that you can weld on too! How bad is the interior?

I want you to think of the worst hotel you ever stayed in.

Then imagine three crack whores and an eighth year old man with a fake dick having sex in it.
Then imagine a raccoon watching.

That's about 1/4 the amount of "completely and utterly fucked" it is.

The only things going for this are the windows and the fact that it runs and has most of the electrical wiring.

I'm gonna have to sand blast literally fucking everything.

*eighty

Quite vivid, luckily for you these old cars really only had bench seats, headliner, door panels, and carpet that would deteriorate. As long as the dash and sail panels aren't cracked too bad they'll clean up. They make literally everything you need to finish the interior in that car especially since it was a fairly popular ferd. If you don't have access to a sandblaster and if it's just surface rust you can sand her down and por-15 it unless it's really bad.

Honestly, the upholstery is gone.
The dash is there, but the upholstery and seats were sitting about thirty feet away from the car around the corner of the building it was sitting next to.

I can salvage the metal from the seats (mounting brackets, etc.) and I have a sandblasting cabinet, but I'll need to ask a buddy of mine about a sandblaster.
Otherwise it's gonna be a load of time in just sanding the damn thing.

As for the upholstery, it was vinyl to begin with and someone diamond stitched(?) over it. The second layer didn't stand up to the years very well.

Probably a stupid question, but is there any way to potentially swap the regular quarter panels to the fastback version?

Or would that just be more work than it's worth?

Theres a falcon club that meets in dif areas of the bay every other month. When im done im going to check them out.
Hopefully this winter i will be saving up to upgrade the engine from the stock 170.

Hello, brother.

Come on, don't die before it even arrives and I can supply pics.

BUMP, LIVE MOTHERFUCKER!

Is there anyone here willing to do me a favor and place a bid on my car?

m.ebay.com/itm/RARE-two-tone-1978-Excalibur-Series-III-Phaeton-with-454-1978-Excalibur-/162627950043?

The reserve is $25,000; so, you won't win as long as you stay below that.

Screen capped for my kek folder.

I finally sold this rusty '82 280zx on Saturday. A couple of Mexicans drove 5 hours to buy it. Since they lived on the border it may very well be going down to Mexico. Although, they did care a lot about the title and waiting a copy of my driver's license so who knows.

Yes you can, should you, no. It'll just be hard, people do it with mustangs all the time but you'd have to find a fastback car to get everything you'll need. Anyway, you can get some cheap "speed seats" like I have for like $30 so you can test drive it and cruise around while you're fixing stuff. Re upholstering stuff is expensive as fuck, I'm trying to track down seats for my 79 that are worth saving and the metal alone is more than aftermarket ones that are better in like every way. But since you have benches I'd get those upholstered because it's like driving on a couch and there is nothing like cruising with your girl that's sitting in the middle seat! lol Pic related are those seats, sorry about the dirty ass floor black carpet and the fact that it was my DD makes for a super dirty carpet.

the grandpa series doesn't get enough credit user, it's all about 240's with the hipster crowd

is the traktor also yours?

Restore it please

go to hell user

clean your car you fucking poorfag
-warren county

>clean your car you fucking poorfag
I hosed it like a month ago

Welp... this kills the man... found out my syncros are donezo in the camaro. The tech said the damage is already done, and if it drives fine, ill just have to put up with the noise.

My options are A) replace sycros for 1-3. B) Have a total rebuild. C) Find another 4spd.
What should i do? How much do you think each would cost? I live in Mobile Al btw.

On another note, found out the carb is running rich, and maybe the engine burns a little oil. Idk if its the gas or oil i see puff out the exhaust.

I did order intake manifold gaskets, only to realize its leaking out the timing chain, so thats gonna be a fun job. Thank god for a huge engine bay.

Dont regret my purchace, but granted i havent calculated my mpg yet either. Good news is i was able to jew my apartment complex for an extra parking pass, so now shes right outside! And under a car cover!

I havent decided on a paint scheme, but im thinking of painting the bumpers black. Thoughs?

Was also looking into that, i like my 170, call me odd, but I will probably only get rid of it when I have to., but not before.

That 2 speed auto tranny however, needs to go.

Oh! And i fixed the seat belt so maybe now i wont die in the mad max mobile!

Well, first find out what trans it actually is. There are plenty of sites devoted to the various GM 4 speeds of the era should you should be able to look up how to do that.

Once you know that you can decide whether you want to keep this one if the gear ratios and spread are compatible with what you've got in mind later or if finding another one would be better.

It may perhaps be that if you float the gears like an 18 wheeler it won't grind so much.

>black bumpers
I vote against. You've got a relatively uncommon 74-76. Be proud of it.

Finally posting pics.
BRACE FOR IMPACT!
Ain't posting full body pics because I don't want doxxed via my garage.

Eventually I'll get a full body pic but it may take a while...

And now I have to go install a garbage disposal, so more later.

Man... I've been so patient with the glass guy. I finally get my car... New battery is dead. They left the key in the accessory position. I told them disconnect it if they're not sure, there's a switch. So I tell the owner he should replace my battery... he gets in my face and says I'm always causing trouble... This is the guy who I hand delivered parts to because I called him once a week for 3 weeks because he was still "looking for the parts." Now he has to nerve to say I'm always making "special requests." He's had the car for a month.

>gets in my face, puts his forehead to mine
>"what do you think you're doing"
>"making sure you understand"
>toughguyboomerasshole.jpg
>push him off
>REEE DONT TOUCH ME
>puts me in a headlock and throws me into the street
>calls cops
>apparently it's ok to manhandle me because it's my property
I've never been so disrespected in my life. I had to get my buddy to bring a new battery by

She ain't nearly as bad as I thought she was. Hell, the engine bay looks really good! Kinda curious if it was a restoration and they stopped there. Just weld in a new floor pan see how thin the passenger side is if need be cut that one out and weld in another one there. Sand blast it, undercoat it, and you'll have a nice looking project car! Did you say it ran and drove? Also it appears you're missing a radiator. Other than that she look real good.

Like the other user said, figure out what tranny is in it. I would not paint the bumpers black, I've seen it done and it just looks really bad. Plus no one kept the 74-76 cars so embrace the really niche year of fbodys lol Also what carb are you running, if it's a holley I can help you out but I'm a little rusty on the edelbrocks and the quadrajets.

No battery right now, the floor starting at the Half way point forward appears to be fucking shot.

I'll get interior pics in a little bit.
They were in the middle of restoring it (turning it into a replica of the live action punisher movie car actually) and didn't have the time to continue.

Garbage disposals fucking suck.