I have a 2011 golf sportline with the 2.5L i5

I have a 2011 golf sportline with the 2.5L i5.

How much would it be to safely put a turbo on it and get the power to at least 250hp? And, is it worth it?

Ayy quints with the 5 cylinder, it's a sign. Do it op

It's a golf it's never worth it

Hope you have a numale beard to go with it

sell it and buy an gti

But everyone in Toronto treats their gti like shit. I'm going to get an R when the new model comes to Canada in 2021 but I wanted something to hold me off until then.

Get an intake, exhaust, IWE's intake manifold, and a tune. Should have you around 200wheel if it's tuned right and it'll sound amazing

It won't sound better than an i5, that's half a Lamborghini

The same block is used with a turbo in the RS3 and TTRS. Do it, faggot.

no, the 5 banger sounds better turbo'd

Keep it stock faggot. Get something that isn't wrong wheel drive.

>And, is it worth it?
No. Sell your poverty spec shitbox and buy a GTI, faggot.

About $6,500 for a complete thorough job. I know a guy that spent over $5000 for a turbo kit on a Honda Fit and after all other mods, he barely got the car to send like 210hp to the wheels after dyno test. What a fucking embarrassment.

Its is N E V E R cost effective to turbo a car, unless you street race for bog bucks, and have an actual performance platform. Turboing a 5+ liter V8 is another story.

Slow piece of shit. I can beat that with my civic with a few simple mods.

No you imbecile. You can only turbo a car based on the size of an engine. Add 500 or 700 more and the fag could get a bigger turbo and do more power. But the engine would need serious rework to be able to spool it up.

Canadian winters don't like rwd. Getting an AWD Golf R in 2021 though, already have 40k put aside for it.

>"'eyyyy VWAG makes a 2.5L 5 cylinder, ergo it must be the same 2.5L 5 cylinder in all VWAG applications."

Guess how I know you don't know shit?

It is the same engine block though, just all the other parts that are required to make it safe that are different. And that's what OP is asking about, everything else.

It has more in common with a Lamborghini V10 than it does the other, ancient 2.5L.

Even if they do share the same block, it's been so re-worked and changed that the only thing they have in common is cylinder count and displacement.

I.e. the amount of work OP would have to do to make the engine decent would bankrupt him. Especially when he goes to sell a car nobody wants.

lol nice try ricer boi cuckold lmaoooooo german cars are built for performance oriented drivers on the autobahn your gook shit is just for sushi delivery

It's the exact same block though. Look up VW/Audi 07K.

If you have 40k set aside why not just put that down on a new Golf R? You can already afford it. I think you might still be in high school.

Because only the mid cycle refresh is 2017 and they still don't have the European tune in Canada. We still get the 292HP instead of 300+. Europe gets the new one in 2020, we get it in 2021.

I want to give my mk6 to my dad since he's never had a car, but he won't need one until he retires in 2021.

>(((sportline)))
You literally got jewed into thinking that shitbox is a sports car, didn't you?

No, I bought it off of a rich Chinese guy used with only 40k km on it a couple years ago. Really good deal because he forgot to advertise the trim level.

It's my first car.