Its 2017. Are V6 Mustangs still shit?

All memes and childlike assumptions from clowns that have never driven one, are they fun, powerful cars? Im actually cross shopping 2011-2013 Mustang premiums with 2008 to 2013 Hona Coupe V6 ex-l.

Other urls found in this thread:

motortrend.com/cars/nissan/370z/2017/2017-nissan-370z-coupe-first-test-review/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I can barely relate as i have a v6 camaro, its a fun car but you'll notice the other 2 cylinders arent there in hard acceleration past 60mph.

Test drive it and if it still isn't what you want save up for v8 expenditures

Well, it's better than a Camaro (albeit, not as fast in a straight line).

If I was in the market for a new sports car / muscle car / pony car, and had mustang money lying around..... I'd buy a lightly used Cayman or M3 and this boomer white trash meme.

But yes they are better than they have ever been before. By leaps and bounds.

Honestly I drove a ford explorer, and when I floor it, the torque and acceleration is fantastic for me. But every time I try to talk about it with people they make Ford seem like the shittiest car you could ever buy

Drive* i just love how they look. If they were FWD, CVT, and slow I would still want one.

Yes, they're for plebs.

Muscle cars in general are for plebs, base model 'look at me I've got a muscle car ecks dee' types.

This silly mindset you have... Are you a Fred?

No, I'm not.

Damn that looks really good.

"Look at me I can slam my base model Challenger into a group of protestors XD"

V6 Mustangs aren't shit cars now, but the resale will still stuck because everyone wants the V8.

V6 CAMARO is 330 hp and is honestly for the price a top notch car. V6 mustang is 200 hp. Aka, a girl cruiser. Completely different.

I've heard good things about the new ego boost but haven't driven it.

yes it could be perfect with a slightly smaller front grid but the head light are great

had a v6 mustang for about a year. got rid of it because i needed a sedan.

with a manual it was ridiculously fun. had great power, and never disappointed. we are talking about a car with over 300 hp so it's not like it's slow.

people with worse cars will try to make fun of you because it's a v6, but fuck them.

Post 2011 mustangs have a 305hp 3.7 similar to the ecoboost motors.

Take it like this:

If Ford took the V6 Mustang and styled differently, called it something else, and kept everything else the same it would be praised so much more. But since it's the lesser version of the typical mustang, it will never get the praise it deserves.

The new ecoboosts still make good power, but every time I see one I still say "hey man, your 5.0 badge fell off!"

If it has the 3.7 (I think all 2011 and newer do), they're pretty fun, They make 305hp. They sound pretty fucking good too imo. The only downside is that they governed to 112mph and the driveshaft will shatter around 130 if you remove the governor. The premium interiors are pretty nice and if it has the shaker system, it has something like 5in subs in the doors. I would definitely recommend getting one.

t. 2014 V6 Mustang Premium driver

Here's the thing. You're buying a Mustang. Not a 370Z, not a Stratos replica, etc, but a Mustang. The v8 is part of the god damn experience.

You can swap in a one piece driveshaft and remove the limiter safely. I think Ford gimped the V6 because otherwise it would be nipping at the heels of the Five.Oh as the ideal performance for your dollar car. You used to be able to option out a post-2011 V6 Mustang with a 3.73 limited slip diff, a stick shift, and a "sport" handling package for less than 25k out the door and best of all such a Mustang was comparable to the BRZ/FRS in the handling department while being much faster when the road straightened out. It was the sports car bargain that nobody talked about because of the stigma V6 pony cars are dogged with thanks to years or lackluster pushrod garbage.

Yes, they are pretty fucking fun, and can handle very good in stock form with the performance package if you can find one, they have 305hp and not that much torque down low but they received high as shit all the way to 7k, it's more like a sports car.

I have a V6 Camaro too, it was fun stock but since i've tuned it, it feels a lot better

This
The 3.7 is far superior to the 4.0, that thing was so slow

Don't do it m8 I drove one and they are pretty rad but the depreciation of a v6 mustang vs a v6 accord will absolutely wreck you.

Yeah I'm not actually after performance, I want a smooth driving, well made machine. The 3.5L Honda motor is pretty damn torquey for a Honda. Don't care for FWD, heck, CVT wouldn't bother me either. But resale value and car insurance may be the determining factor. MPG doesnt matter, I don't drive far Mon-Fri.

What is this a barbecue car

No they are actually pretty good from 2011+ because of the cyclone 3.7 it makes plenty of good reliable power. It will always be perceived as shit because you can get a v8 in the car. The 370z should be perceived just as gay as a v6 mustang but since it only comes in v6 it's ok but the 370z should be even gayer than any v6 muscle car because it never came with a v8.

Fucking shit taste, off yourselves immediately

Except the 370z is several hundred pounds lighter than a mustang, do you seriously not understand the implications of that?

IIRC V6 mustang makes it's 300hp while spec'd to run on low octane gas. It's pretty much the most oomph you're going to get out of a car without having to pay a premium at the pump or mix cuckthane into your gas.

V6 is always shit. Because the V8 option is always way better, especially in the torque department and more aftermarket support.

I took a spin in one and was super disappointed. It was my friend's brother's and I had to drive him into town and back with it, probably 6 miles total. It was an auto 2012 3.7, if I'm remembering right. I didn't expect V8 acceleration, but I was expecting a lot more than what I got. You could also feel how heavy the car was, I could tell the engine was had some power, but was struggling with the weight of the car. I imagine it would make a pretty good cruiser, it felt solid and confident, just not very sporty. They're cars made to have V8s in them, so it's to be expected.

Maybe 200lbs. Stop pretending the 370z isn't pigfat it weights over 3,000lbs

Oh and the visibility was AIDS, but I was also coming from an older car that wasn't cucked into massive blind spots by safety regulations so I guess I'm spoiled.

hows the suspension on the newer mustangs? I usually buy econobarges so I get most of my fun from handling.

It's terrible. They got rid of the solid axle.

the ecoboost performance pack does like a .98g turn or something like that.

it's really fun to whip it into turns GTs would understeer out of without throttle

But a GT can just add a little throttle and not understeer.

Of course you like the looks, its a shitty range rover knockoff

I've driven an SN197 Mustang with the Cologne V6 and it was pretty nice. Just slightly less powerful than the SN95 with the Modular V8. I'm sure it's better in V8 form, but still plenty of fun to be had if you find a V6 in good shape for a good price.

Now the V6 SN95s... not much better than a Taurus.

Show me any sports car with over 300hp that weighs as little as the 370z. You can't. I can lower the number to 250hp and it's the same thing. Nothing weighs as little as it in the same class, not even close. Certainly not your mustang. Also, 200lbs is a huge difference

Ugh you wasted some nice trips there with your shit ass comment.

Not him, but with >250hp, an sn95 mustang GT. Used C5 vettes make more than 300hp and actually weigh less than the your 370z and cost half the price. I'm not saying its a bad car, but it's not as untouchable as you think, you insufferable fanboi.

My trips just prove me right, that F-150/Mustang photoshop looks fucking horrendous. Now kys

>hurr used cars vs brand new cars
They have to be on sale today or else it's a pointless fucking argument

are you literally that much of a dumbass? i can name a list of cars that way as much or less with that much power.

Go ahead and do it then

Woah woah who hurt you mate? It was just a shop and some people including me happened to like it.

>hurr paying for a brand new car when i can pay half the price for something better and upgrade it to make it even more so.

Great go ahead and buy your vehicle of questionable main fence history, you're just moving the goalpost. The mustang I was replying to and the 370z are both new cars on sale today, doesn't fucking include the used market at all. Also, of course a used car costs less than a new one, are you retarded?

You said my comment was shitty and I'm saying you're shitty, why are you still alive??

370z should be on sale today they made it in 2009.

Yep, it's in sale today. A quick Google search would confirm that for you. I have an '09 myself

Are you implying used cars aren't on sale today? It's Pretty shitty that a 370z took 15 years to catch up to c5s and sn95s then :^)

But seriously, Ford Focus RS, and I'll find more as I google some more to chase them slippery goal posts.

Lol the RS weighs at least 200lbs more keep trying

>show me ANY sports car
We're moving the goalpost? You are the one dick riding a car saying that you can't find anything for the price better in weight and power.

>370z 3,292 to 3,561 lbs
>Focus RS 3,417 lb
> atleast 200 lbs

Don't think I need to m80.

Lol don't give me that shit, the discussion has been about new cars since the beggining, anyone can find something cheaper and older in the used market, they didn't have the same safety and emissions regulations to adhere to. Fuck, I'll give you one for free. The lotus spirit weighs less and has more power. Probably cheaper too. Doesn't count cuz it's a USED FUCKING CAR not to mention more than likely a money pit

>still faster than a 370

Hell you've the closest still over 100lbs more with equivalent power so keep trying

>AnY SpOrTs CaR

Stay BTFO memelord

Honda Civic Type R. Hundred pounds lighter.

Isn't my fault you cant handle being wrong. also
>2017 toyota camry 260 hp 3300 pounds
since you said you can lower the power to 250
and its a family sadan

>FWD
You've got to be kidding me I said sports car not economy hatch. God you people are hilarious if all of these hot batches are so much better than why do you like the mustang so much?
>top of the line sports car destroyed by a focus and a civic (questionable)
Mustang enthusiasts are so fun, go slide into a tree, btw is slower too and more expensive

why do people make themselves look like autists like that. Atleast you can hide behind anonymous fag.

>3292>3300????
Check that again pal

a front wheel drive hatch that is faster and even more useful than a 370. huh... also not a mustang fanboy could honestly care less about them.

Not my fault your beloved hog is as slow as a civic. S197 3.7 V6s do 0-60 in 5.2, same as the 370z, except the Mustang starts at $2k less MSRP.

I like the Mustang the same reason you like the 370z, I'm just attracted to it.

I thought /k/ shitposters were bad, atleast they usually give up when they've been thoroughly btfo.

Haha in what world is 4.7=5.2? I don't know but I do know that not
Only is the civic FWD but also a whopping 15% more expensive since you care so much about price apparently

>At the drag strip, the base 2017 Nissan 370Z reached 60 mph in 5.2 seconds

motortrend.com/cars/nissan/370z/2017/2017-nissan-370z-coupe-first-test-review/

Anyways I'd love to stay and chat but I have work tomorrow so I'll see you lads later if this cancerous thread is still up which it probably will since this board is slow AF

>base
Cherry picking his argument that hard

Yeah, because I'm comparing it to the base V6 Mustang. Come on man, connect the dots.

your so set on 3292 thats the base weight so lets bring up the base car. what about the fully loaded package that ways almost 3600?

Have a good one, m8.

>Top of the line Nismo 370z Special Edition Time attack does 0 to 60 in 4.7
>Costs more than a Mustang V6, it's even pricier than a V8.
>About the same performance as a V6 but with less mod potencial and way slower than a V8 Mustang base.

I have one (2017 )and it's fun as fuck. That said, I'm looking at an Alpha chassis Camaro SS. The 300 horses in the V6 are more than you'll ever need on the road and I guarantee the car is more capable than all but a few Veeky Forumstists. But when there's an option with more power, of course you want it.

The Honda V6 will feel faster than a V6 mustang just because the Honda is 400lbs lighter, even if the engine is a bit weaker.

I wouldn't really compare the 2 since the Honda is a much better DD, more reliable, worth more and in general has a much more spacious interior because it's not RWD. Sitting in the back of my 2dr accord there is tons of space for me at 6'2" but in even the front seat of a mustang feels small.

They're both nice cars overall but the Accord is better at being a day to day car that can still haul ass when needed.

wtf is that abomination m8

They're not shit but bruh ponies are for girls. Find a cobra.