/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Lone Benis in the night edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/invite/eT8bJ4R
s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=06177280207766057748
piratepad.net/autismserb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

MAWPC

brown bricks

1.12 when?

ENDLESS SUFFERING

A free Ipad

Apparently Mojang has hired a bunch of new coders and artists so the team is huge. Expect big things in future updates.

BIG THINGS?
LIKE ELEPHANTS RIGHT?
YOU CAN RIDE THEM LIKE HORSES!
MINECRAFT 1.13 THE ELEPHANT UPDATE CONFIRMED!

I dicked around with it, and you can in fact use ME systems in conjunction with an Inventorium, but the Inventorium can only read full-block ME Interfaces, and only what you preset into the interface.

I doubt ME systems can read Inventoriums.

Source?

Are they actual Java coders or amateurs picked from the community, like Mojang always do?

>future updates
Or official DLC on the Marketplace.

What's the best backup mod? I've been using AromaBackup for a while but surely enough there are decent alternatives to it.

>official DLC on the Marketplace

Is that already a thing?

Official Minecraft DLC (skins, etc.) have been a thing long before the Marketplace. Also, at least one Mojang employee has released their own Minecraft work as DLC, though that is not "official" .

yabm

server crashed and lost alot of progress, so descided to rollback and go in a new direction

>rip entire base apart
>FPS and TPS are still shit
I think I'm cursed

What do you think of my /comfy/ survival village?

honestly? looks good apart from the fact of
no mods
and
feels primitive to me idk

I bet that windmill doesn't even spin

I think it's packed too tightly. Doesn't look like something you could expand.

Not bad, though the "Ye Olde Comvy Villagee" shit is so overplayed it's absolutely boring.

Wood and stone buildings can only look so good after seeing them the first 100 times

Vanilla/10

thanks, I'm going to add mods eventually which change textures, make the villagers more fleshed out, adds mobs to fight, and AK47s to kill them with.

If only

I agree it's tight, I figured out what I was doing really after the walls went up. As it stands every building serves a purpose or is the workplace of villager. They also have their own homes, my home and armory under the gatehouse.

See my first response, I'll make it sexier eventually. My thing is I wanted to build a base of operations I could just live in for hours if I wanted to and then progress out, colonize villages and enslave the inhabitants.

Are there any 1.10 mods that do crates like IE crates where the container will hold the items in it when broken? I like the crates, but the rest of IE is unnecessary for the pack I'm making.

Vanilla 1.11 adds shulker boxes.

On 1.10 you can use Actually Additions with a Storage Crate Keeper upgrade. The storage crates are huge.

>Actually Additions
Alright I'll check that one out. Thanks user

>no rotating lighthouse

It looks pretty nice otherwise

not just any, the rotating lighthouse

somebody impersonated me in an earlier thread in a pretty psychotic way which was funny

Traincraft steel creation: is it cheaty? I mean, compare it with IC2, IE or greg...

>forge file server is down
>can't compile mods
Outstanding.

Looks great man, but
>chisel's large clay bricks
Am I the only one that's irritated that the top brick doesn't have any mortar on its sides?

I could steal that design for my world...

Any good early-game prospecting mods with a configurable ore list or something? All the stuff I can find is either very limited to certain ores, comes with a bunch of baggage, or is super high tech radar shit.

Basically I wanna be able to get my little metal pan and find out there's gold in them hills

MFR large brick is best texture

Wait.

BC pipes interface with IE capacitors?

>things running on same power API are compatible
Who would have thought?

which serb

>tfw the server-crashing bug for my modpack has reappeared
>tfw i thought i had gotten rid of it
>tfw we've been worling on the server for long enough that it might cause people to not want to play anymore

fucking hell. can any of you help me? ive done everythimg i can think of short of reinstalling every mod that could possibly cause the issue one at a time to find it. i know that its an entity the world tries to spawn, but i have no fucking clue which it is, and google searches provide nothing for me. heres the paste of the guy's log who found it
>paste.ee /p/ 2jPG0
(Veeky Forums thought it was spam, let me see if the spaces help) the crash report is at the bottom, i kept the whole log because it provides the modlist at the beginning. i also know that it only crashes on SMP, SSP gets really "laggy" but wont crash necessarily.

i say no, just because it takes so fucking long to make.

wew

client has a mod that the server doesnt or you have Enderzoo installed

my own.
going to assume thats a compliment

nice architecture, what are you building?

a server crash wreaked havok for a few days so im forced to rebuild
there is a stargate to the right and every other direction houses differrent rooms for technology

Like, an actual stargate from one of those stargate mods?

the very same
i seed gates every few thousand blocks

I've been debating whether I want to add it to my pack and replace Enhanced Portals. On one hand, there's definitely a cool factor to stargates. But they seem a little less balanced than EP.

sgcraft has a fuel ability it requires naquadah
lanteacraft gates are larger and more lore friednly, they look much better, in my opinion, the gate in my photo is from lanteacraft

Well, if I were going to put one in my modpack, I'd disable naquadah and change the recipes, since it's kind of dumb to have another ore cluttering up the world for a single construction. But it's mostly the power thing that's got me hung up. If you could just power them via RF and it was configurable, I'd be all over it, but I don't think they are/

sgcraft can and does use an adapter for both ic2 power and rf.

Lanteacraft should too, right? Isn't it a fork of sgcraft?

In that case, maybe I'll give it a second look.

lanteacraft has its power state off by default i believe, at current it does not require power at all
sgcraft requires a significant amount of rf( in my case to dial a gate)

>Pressure Pipes
my niagg

what version of thaumcraft is the best one?

TC4 has the most addons.

It's just a god damn shame Thaumic Horizons died and he never finished his pocket dimension stuff.

Okay, so what all should I grab with TC4? I would like to host a Thaumcraft server.

Is there a way to make a compact flip flop using mods like RFtools or Project Red?

Thaumic Horizons, Automagy, Witching Gadgets, Forbidden Magic, Thaumic Energistics (if you use AE2), Magic Bees (if you care about bees).

Thaumic Tinker is okay, if not arguably extremely overpowered.

Doesn't project red have like 4 different latching circuits/memory cells?

IIRC, there's a logic gate that does all that in a single block

Im a redstone retard, so Im not sure what does that.

>I don't know anything about circuitry but I know I want a flip-flop
???

>Magic Bees
I heard about that a long time ago, but dont remember specifics. Is it overpowered?

>Currently downloaded:
Thaumcraft 1.7.10, horizons, automagy, witching gadgets, forbidden magic.

Any other ones i should grab? I'm going to try to get them working on my serb.

It's not particularly overpowered, no. It has the same inherent downside as other bees: any resources you get are gonna be really slow and in really small quantities unless you wanna try beekeeping at a truly industrial scale.

Besides I'm pretty sure you can disable bee types of you think one of them is OP.

>Any other ones I should grab?
There's also Tainted Magic, I guess. Its okay, but it's shadow ore bullshit is retarded. An user here also has a updated for of Thaumic Upholstery called Thaumic Dyes. I haven't tried it yet, but the original was good so it's probably something nice to have. There's also Thaumic Infusion which does some cool stuff with infusing properties to blocks, a little buggy though. Oh, and Magia Naturalis, though it's also unfinished and a little buggy.

I'm trying to launch minecraft into forge from the mc launcher but it's bitching that the game inherits properties from an unknown source. I think it means the launcher is bitching because forge has mods. is there a way to get the non-retarded version of the launcher back?

Use MultiMC.

I wanted to make a lever pulse with a button and learned it was called flip flop but vanilla ones use a lot of space so I wanted to know, but thanks for the help.

I looked in the archive and there was a discord link for trainserb apparently but clicking it doesnt lead me to anything. How can I download the pack then?

there's the shitty trend with "Professional Redstoners" to give actual circuit names to their meme redstone shit

RedLogic has Flipflop circuits (named as such) for sure, you may need to add NEI or any other recipe viewing mod

discordapp.com/invite/eT8bJ4R
only spoonfeeding because its not linked directly from either serb list

for reference though, it could be found on the etherpad, which is linked on the spreadsheet

tfw ur a high IQ patrician that plays the latest modded version of MC but there's a creative mode bug between BC and eu2 on 1.11

I made some 16x textures for some TG blocks, anyone want them? The concrete with metal rods looked bad so I didnt changed it.

you should make a pack

TG?

user who posted the custom hunger value tutorial in the last thread, thank you from the bottom of my heart

in my retardation, I couldn't find it, and now I can finally balance my pack, I really can't thank you enough

yw

For what it's worth, the documentation is pretty fucking hidden and it took me a couple hours to find it when I was trying to do the same thing.

Thank you!

Also, got my server up and I'm able to connect into it now. If any of you want to join, please do.
Pic related has the requirements, witching gadgets for some reason refused to load properly. DFTC.zip is the zipfile of the jar files im currently uploading, I'll post a link to it soon.

Server: darkfrontier.online
I'll update it in the serblist in a little bit.

Also grab Technomancy
It's a magitech add-on that doesn't require any tech mods
It has a neat golem-less way to automate essentia.

ok, will do!

ill probably have to reboot serb but thats not a problem.

Dear diary,
Today I might have realized that running a 256x256 QuarryPlus might not be the wisest idea.

Techguns

Currently uploading a zip containing the files in pic related. If anyone would like to join and play, please do.
>server: darkfrontier.online
I'll update it in serblist soon.

what those TC mods do???

??

Any good Direwolf20 1.10 servers?

>are there any good modded servers, which are extremely rare, running a garbage pack on a garbage meme version
You aren't being serious, are you?

DL for mods
s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=06177280207766057748

What would you recommend I play instead?

1.7.10 and a pack you've made yourself on the multimc launcher and not the botnet twitch launcher.
If you want severs there are some in the OP and I think someone just made one.

>botnet twitch launcher
wot

They all seem ded

There are 3 modded serbs, trainserb, hoboserb, and autismserb.
For some reason the faggot running the gregtech serb has continually not put it in the server list, it's on a piratepad called autismserb, and hoboserb is in the old server list.

>tfw cant live without squake movement

>forgot my UN/PW for serblist
>request a resend to my email
>"Successfully!"
>nothing in email
>nothing in junk bin
>its been fifteen minutes
JUST

piratepad.net/autismserb

Remember to come here if you want your Gregtech autism.

>when your RAM finally comes in

This is literally MAWPC going from 4gb to 8gb.

whats the difference between em?

Trainserb is trains, hoboserb is kitchensink, autismserb is quest mode gregtech

Trainserb is highly focused around trains

Hoboserb is your more typical /mcg/ modded serb

Autismserb is the GregTech New Horizons serb.