[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

Skinny grill with large glasses edition.

>Motorcycle Crashes
>Motorcycle Related Cartoons
>Motorcycle Memes & Circljerking
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Bashing
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice

>/dbt/ map updated July 2017:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Nobike? Start here:
a2bikes.co.uk/

>Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

blacksburg.craigslist.org/mcy/d/ducati-s4r-2004/6193772825.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>big red pig
>skinny

whats this kind of jacket called

Ugly

the screaming homo

Google "I let me chum do me up the bum"
Should be first result.

I would call it a leather jacket with an off-center zipper. I don't know if there's a specific ame for that kind of style. Sort of evokes a pea coat. It's also fugly.

Ask on Veeky Forums, back in the 80's that style was called "cadet." Although Cadet jackets normally have a straight zipper. The angled zip is a Perfecto design cue.

Classy looking bikes make my weewee stiff

Brando.

Shit sucks when all these crappy chinese copies are around that can't beat the real thing, wish Honda made them again.

RIP

>Rides a Suzuki.

It's a relatively light and thin bike.

Suzuki attracts all the weaboos, squids, and weirdos.

Is Aprilia included in your Suzuki pipedream?

how many of you guys open carry while on your bike? I can't imagine concealed to be very comfortable, especially if you slide

how to keep your honda running forever

>2017
>buys a bike made in india

into the loo it goes

under arm holster

also why can't harley make anything cool and different

whats this kind of jacket called?

>and it's over $6000 wtf

A normal fashion leather jacket

6000 dollars for a jacket

i hope its made of skin of an now extinct snow leopard and moistured with tears of putin

>buy a panigale
>can't stop getting laid

hmmm

Bottom or top?

Just curious but why would anyone buy an er6n or er6f?
It seems like the top speed is relatively comparable to the ex250, is the acceleration much better or something?
For double the price of the ninja 250 it doesn't seem to be worth it.

it isn't worth it

Have to bend over every time to get it fixed?

>Cop revved his Audi A3 at me
>Gave me a look like pic related
>Road speed limit 60kph
>Me and a cop street racing at 230kph
>Friday morning 04:45AM a cop lost to a bike

Did the ticket reach your house already?

I have tactically sprayed chain wax and then thrown sand on my licence plate. But in all honesty, I think he was having a laugh. because at the next robot he waved and left in another direction.

The next robot? What?

5'8'' here, these bikes tall as fuck?

Traffic lights, I'm an African.

>tfw burned an entire tank of gas going the same couple corners up and down a hill today.

brain stuck on race-mode

>calls them robots instead of "stoplichten"

do a vocaroo saying "golden" please

Whats a fun classic looking single cylinder bike that isn't too expensive?

>just passed msf course
>want this
>good first bike?

blacksburg.craigslist.org/mcy/d/ducati-s4r-2004/6193772825.html

I gotchu, famalam

wr 125

good deal but not a great first bike

why do you fucks always make this daily kike thread

this is a board for cars, fuck off to /lgbt)

how's everybodys weekend going?

If you're willing to scare yourself as a new rider, pay the expensive maintenance bills and want poor fuel range, go ahead.

Ahh the Ducati Sport 1000. My white whale.

show us on the doll where the biker touched you

My advice for people getting a first bike is to get what you want. My first bike was a Yamaha Roadstar 1700, and I felt fine on it. It was a GIANT cruiser though. It was easy to resist not going full throttle 100% of the time. I suspect you might have a different experience with a Ducati.

>belt covers removed

why do americans do this?

Are there any high-fidelity accurate motocycle sims?

There are so many "90% real" racing sims, surely there's something for bikes as well

I'm thinking about getting a license, but first I'd like to understand the basic physics of biking

Looks like a good deal, but I would say no for a first bike.

Ducati's are not easy bikes to ride, at least as far as the monsters go. The engine is made for racing so it isn't very smooth in the low RPM range. The ECU's closed loop is garbage so everything below 5k RPM feels like dogshit. Slow speed maneuvers require a lot of finesse with the throttle and clutch. While the bike is maneuverable as fuck on the road, the lock-to-lock of the handlebars is actually extremely short, meaning tight spots are a bitch. I have to do more multiple point turns than I'd like to in small parking lots, it isn't the kind of bike you can just weasel through every nook and cranny.

Also, looks like he doesn't have the belt covers anymore. I believe that's a dry clutch as well, keep that in mind. Most people ride the clutch at slow speed to alleviate the engine lugging problem, that means you're going to burn through the clutch faster.

Im not sure of the reliability on these things, but it sounds like what you are looking for.

What about a Street Triple as a first big bike? Been riding a YBR125 for 12 months (Brit) and been doing my mod 1 and 2 training on an MT-07. Want a street Triple but not sure if I should buy a beater first like a Bandit 600 or SV650 then upgrade later.

You're not going to learn anything applicable to real life riding from a game lad.

Maintenance ain't too bad. The only work requiring special tools is the belts and the adjustment of valves. Checking valves is easy, adjusting is more work but not impossible. Belts aren't difficult, just require a tension tool and a way to tune them, most people just use guitar tuning apps.

Nothing is difficult with Ducati maintenance, it's just tedious. Getting at virtually anything requires removing the fairings and fuel tank, not a hard task but extremely tedious if you just want to clean the air filter or something. People opt for going to the dealer because they're lazy or the duck is their only bike and they can't afford to have it out of commission for 2-3 days while they're doing valve checks/adjustments.

riding is a lot about body weight shifting and most of it happens on a subconscious level.

You cant really simulate it accurately.

Avoid going over 100hp for first bikes. Trust me there is a big difference between something like an MT07, and a street triple. The SV650 would be a better idea, maybe a 696/796

You'll be fine on that bike. Go and check it out if it's close. You can always lower it or get away with adjusting the suspension to sag a little more.

They think it looks cool.

Which it does, but I'd rather buy some plexi ones than leave it open.

Its much easier and more profitable to make the same bikes, year after year. Harley's upgrades just consist of a bigger engine.

The other problem is that whatever they make will have to cost as much as other harley bikes, if not more. Bikes that are made to attract people outside of Harley, like the Roadster and Street Rod, cost way too much for what they are. A Roadster costs as much as a brand new 600cc bike from any of the Japanese companies.

I think Harley may be a lost cause. The only hope for them is for Indian and Victory to crush them, forcing Harley to become competitive.

>Avoid going over 100hp for first bikes
if you are an adult you can do what ever you want

>Street Triple
How confident in your riding ability? Have you ever been in any situation where you had to react to someone else's shitty decision? Like someone pulling out in front of you. If you're confident I say why not?

I never said anything about not being able to fix it myself. I don't assume that everybody in here is a mechanic, let alone a sunday tinkerer, so I'm just warning people, that Ducati likes to fuck you in the ass when it comes to maintenance pricing.

here we go again with the "hurr get slow shit for starters"

where did this mentality even start from? did the british nanny brainwashing finally do its work and now people are just fucking stupid?

>Its much easier and more profitable to make the same bikes, year after year
it may be easier, but at this rate they will end up going under because their audience ages out of existence

How comfortable are you on the 125? If you really feel like you have throttle and brake control down, I'd trust you with anything.

That said, when I bought my first fast bike, I got a rashed 600rr for cheap. I'm now a year in on that, so I'm trying to sell it to get one in nicer shape.

There's a fucking reason we tell you fags not to get a powerful bike soon
You'll be scared of it and crash
Don't think you're the first, we've had plenty of idiots careen into a SUV or flip their bike across the horizon

"hurr durr i'm so cool i started with a superbike"

There are many example of chicken shits like you who killed themselves because they thought it was a good idea. Look I don't care what you think, if you started on a powerful bike, good for you. Have a cookie, now shut up.

While I think a first bike should be "slow" this dude has been riding for a year. He can handle 100hp.

It's easy enough. Mine fits right in my pocket

idiots are going to get themselves killed even on 125cc

just because eurocucks are unable to physically control themselves doesnt mean the rest of the world is

Less likely.

Yeah I've been doing ok to be fair. Still not particularly confident in going fast round corners with steep lean (I always bottle it and take it slow) but I'm not sure if that's down to the paper thin rear tires the YBR has. Riding the bigger MT-07 with fatter tyres feels a lot more stable both at slow and higher speeds.

Bearing in mind I've been driving a car for 13 years so have plenty of on road experience despite still being green on a bike. I mean, at the end of the day, it only goes as fast as you twist it. Right?

Depends on the bike's throttle response, some bikes when you twist it just a bit, it goes like hell immediately. like the FZ09/MT09. Though that's actually more of a flaw than a feature

its 2017 dont those bikes come with preset settings where you can just limit the bike to 35kw etc?

Yeah some come with rider modes indeed. I just used that bike as an example because even on the lowest setting, it wheelies in almost every gear when you twist

>new tire with 600 miles on it is leaking air badly
>doesn't even look like it got punctured anywhere

>Depends on the bike's throttle response,
You get used to the throttle response in a day of riding though, and riding slow bikes for so long will develop bad habits when you get to a bigger bike that won't suffer fools.

I dunno man, maybe you've had different experiences, but there's a few dealerships near me and they all have fair rates. Nothing higher than any other shop/dealership hourly rate. OEM parts are pretty cheap too. There's a dashboard fairing you can put on instead of the small useless bikini fairing, I didn't get one from the previous owner so I called the dealership and they had one sent to me from Italy for 10 bucks including shipping. Look online on ebay or whatever and that same part runs 30+ dollars.

People get "fucked" by ducati on maintenance because they don't do any of it themselves, so they take it in for an oil change, air filter cleaning/swap, valve adjustments, belt replacement, clutch plate replacement, and chain replacement all at the same time and then bitch and moan when the bill is 1500 dollars for 10 hours of labor + parts.

Previous owner took mine in for belt replacement, valve checks, and new battery installation before giving it to me and it was only like 350 dollars.

The bead is likely dirty

Rode 380 km today, 300 of those with dad.
He's been reading up on counter steering and cornering techniques and practiced some, now he's getting decent at it. Fun as fuck.
>wake up
>check weather
>pick up phone
>"hey dad, want to ride?"
>ride around all day
Shit was fun.

Countering steering is instinctive. How the fuck can you even ride without counter steering?

You're not learning to counter steer. You're just learning to be aware that you are counter steering.

Did you install it yourself? If you don't install it correctly is rips up near the valve stem.

Bought this 150cc a couple months ago for like $50 to see how I might like motorcycles, getting into it big time. Even repair is fun, spend a week making this thing road worthy and I tinker on it constantly.

Is it a bad thing that all I really want is a better scooter?

Narrow tires don't give much confidence, that's for sure. If you feel like you can handle the bigger tires and power that typically goes with that, go for it. If your head is in the right place, you'll be fine.

jelly.

Nah, scooters are plenty fun for zipping around a city. If you want to do anything more than that, I think you'll be disappointed rather soon, though.

When I lived in the country I had a scoot and it was fun for the first few months, but long straight country roads got pretty boring at a steady 35 mph.

>Is it a bad thing that all I really want is a better scooter?
Once you get something quick you'll have a hard time going back

Not that scooters aren't fun

Thank you, Captain Obvious. The annual /dbt/ Award for Outstanding Autism goes to you!

>not angry or sad
>just empty

Concealed works, I have comfy bike jeans with knee protectors and pockets so deep I regularly forget I have keys in the ass pockets.

Also I often wear this, full concealment but it's all OWB, 3 o'clock. I can even take it off in public if I need, and nobody is any the wiser.

Come to think of it I prefer IWB because it wiggles less and the point of gravity is closer to my center.

You want it until you want something else.

And so it goes