Just how can i stop my SPEED addiction?

Just how can i stop my SPEED addiction?
i swear i'll lose my whole life savings on SPEEDing tickets if i don't get a hold of myself.
Is there anything that i can do to make me not go on a SPEEDing spree?

Channel your energy into interests other than speeding, such as playing guitar, crossfit, mountain hiking, Warhammer 40K, or rotating several hot bitches as fuckbuddies.

Move to germany

Get a motorcycle It'll either scare you into some sense or kill you.

ay brah COOL IT this isn't /lgbt/
SAY IT DON'T SPRAY IT

From someone who had a serious problem with speeding, take this for what it's worth:

Speeding is symptomatic of other things in your life. For the past year I've been trying to acclimatize to a new job that's been incredibly stressful and demanding. I've also been trying to sort of my finances so I can buy a house (27 years old, uni grad, usual car/student debt, unmarried so single income, trying to find qt to start family with, etc.). I started drinking 4-7 nights a week, when I almost NEVER drank before.

I realized that I couldn't go out and start spending shitloads of money on travel or expensive hobbies, and my vehicle is so reliable I really don't have to work on it.

So I would get really stressed out from the commutes, and basically speed like crazy/drive aggressively. I wasn't happy with life and about 5 months ago I got nailed for "ALLEGEDLY" doing 141 in a 100 zone. Ticket is currently pending, as I'm taking it to court instead of paying it.

But that made me reevaluate my life. I still have the same job, but I don't do any more overtime. I don't take anything personally. If a client is a cunt, I do things by the book and finish with them as quickly as possible. I don't try to rub elbows with bosses/managers, and I don't give a shit about corporate initiatives right now.

And miraculously, my desire to speed has waned drastically.

In short OP - SORT YOURSELF OUT.

Very happy for you user. Many of not most people go through their whole lives without getting to that level of zen.

Crash into a truck

Wow. Kind of made me realize my own life problems. Thanks

Maybe OP has some shit going on too?

Get a crap car that feels FAST even when driving 60

praise Peterson

this
get anything that you like and has under 200 HP
while driving not above the limits, I had way more fun in my friends clio 172 than in my rs5

To be fair, a Clio 172 has a fucking fantastic chassis and engine. Those things are a total blast.

thats the point
the car is fucking great and feels so, but its not that powerful

When u get that letter in the mail stating your license has been revoked.
By then you will have so many points against you no insurance will give u a policy
Congrats illegal for you to drive for 4yrs+
Forced to become pedestrian

I know that feel...
Every car I have driven reached its top speed at least once, if not exceeded it.

this shows that shitboxes are superior
most of the times you are too scared for your life to hit the top speed
once you do, its probably on the highway and its barely above the speed limit

invest in cutting edge radar detectors and laser jammers

It's cliche but after watching some of his videos I really did step back and start to evaluate things. That guy has his shit sorted out.

He probably does. We all do, but we get so trapped in a daily routine we don't see the forest for the trees.

Thanks bruh. I don't think I'll ever achieve full wizard level of enlightenment, but no company is worth killing yourself.

My first car was a Mada3 GT, 160hp w/ 5speed MT. Still the most fun vehicle I've ever driven, felt so fast. May he RIP in pieces.

>most of the times you are too scared for your life to hit the top speed
No.
I was hitting 175km/h with pic related on 14" 155mm tyres on multiple occasions, including rain.
It makes a miata look big and heavy...

My car tops out at 260km/h because it's not an econobox.

I did 252km/h in another car once, it was less scary.

I find that hard to believe, there'd be a governor and even if there wasn't the drag would be so insane that you'd be scraping the nose.

My mitsubishi colt did 180km/h, i believe him, if anything the limiter would be at 180km/h that is where is is in a lot of cars.

water in a paper cup

if you spill it youre accelerating too hard or cornering too fast

Buy a slow shitbox like others said. I speed like a madman in my fast car. Can't be bothered to go past 85 in my sisters honda. Because I know the power is there the temptation is much much greater. In very slow car it makes me think can I even speed past?

110 mph is not brag worthy. its not 1950.

Did someone say SPEED addiction?

I'm with you there; I don't even own a fast car (crown vic). It only really happens on empty highways where 65-70 mph feels way too slow and 100 mph feels like a perfect cruising speed for my car. It's more of a matter of not knowing why I should have to adhere to these limits when the road and my car can handle more when the conditions are right.

I can't help but feel like those numbers on the sign are straight up bullshit, and I especially don't get people who feel that anyone breaking 85 mph is a menace. I know that the ticket of the century is waiting for me if I keep it up.

Am I right, or am I just immature? It seems that with the whole Montana "reasonable and prudent" thing and how accidents jumped after hard limits were implemented that speeding is ridiculously overrated in terms of danger.

This. I went through a motorcycle phase last year where I bought two sport bikes (a 1000 and a 600) and randomly accelerating to 100mph was just a regular part of my commute to and from work. It's just so effortless. It can even be done in one gear on the 1000. Anyways, I basically did a ghost rider tier run one early Sunday morning and blew past a cop doing somewhere around 170mph...I didn't even know it at the time until I looked back on my GoPro footage. I unknowingly continued for about 2-3 miles before getting off at the nearest exit and just going home. Anyways, a Harley rider died right in front of me a few weeks later (20 year old girl going to crossfit pulled out in front of him lol) so I quit riding after that.

Does a convertible give a similar sensation in any way to a bike, or is it mostly gimmick?

>scare you
That's not how it works - going the speed limit is going to bore you to death, going 30-40 over feels like "normal" speed, if you want to have fun you need to go like 70 over, which will get you in pretty big troubles

t. commuting to work on a 600

I guess the sensation comes from leaning the bike, being able to interact with others and the effortless acceleration - I'm shifting in the lower third of the rev-range and I'm still way quicker than the rest of the traffic without being obnoxiously loud

get bored
the challenge is not speeding up
but rather not slowing down

Perhaps the real issue if finding new roads or more windy ones to goof on, straight lines almost no matter how fast will eventually bore you, to the point that I think it's recognized as an actual road hazard for putting drivers to sleep.

Rip that mazda 3. Currently owner of 2011 mazda 3 with the 2.5L engine. Got too familiar with the car and lost traction and sideswipped my drivers fender and door. Repairable at most but the image of you're ms3 really spoke to me, as that could be what my car could have looked like.

This so much. Even the slowest shitbox will feel fast when sliding around a corner.

the states that introduced federal speed limit speed limit have shown little reduction in the occurrence of crashes compared the few states that did not bother
and I don't think the law really chases the pertinent metrics. only those that are easy to explain and enforce

I think it is more important that people travel at the speed that is right for them
and that people who are going to be reckless will do so any how
the laws only really create unnecessary prejudice and expectations

drivers that are too slow may not be very awake and aware and will have traffic bearing down upon them
going a little over the speed limit will keep people more aware and not add much danger
something like 50% over the posted limit and things out of the drivers control start to creep in

at higher speed you have less grip
and variations in the road surface become much more apparent
it is all very well for you to be in control of the car
but not if you disregard that some things are out side of vision or awareness
and that other drivers may not be in the same frame of mind as you

either way going faster reduces the amount of time you have to react to things
and puts a lot more stress on all parts of the car

the basic bitch thing to do is depend on power and brakes
I see it all the time where someone with a v6 or v8 will hammer the accelerator on the straits
then slam on the brakes and creep round the corners

mean while my I4 shit box slowly breeze away from them just by not loosing much speed in the corner
they could easy beat me if only they let their car flow smoothly

there is also a way to beat them on the passing lane
you slow down about 1km before the passing lane so they forget about you
then speed up again so that by the time passing lane begins you are already doing 120 and accelerating hard up to 170
they don't expect it and react too late

admittedly you need to know the road
but their is nothing stopping them from doing the same as you
just lazy igr

>the effortle

UNDERRATED COMMENT

on a motorcycle 40kmph feels like 100kmph

get a bike but thats a slippery slope

you are perfect for an MR2. Lower it and feel like your ripping at 35 mph. you also can't go too crazy in the corners or you'll die

Stop listening to eurobeat

I did go faster in another car, but 175km/h in a econobox that small requires balls.
That thing is a 800kg econobox wich is smaller than a NA miata...

It sounds to me like you have a NEED for SPEED.

only plebs get addicted to going fast alone; being in control at the limit of your machines capability is the real man's thrill

IVe got a 57 ford that would cure that, top speed is 50 MPH but feels like 130 MPH in my chrysler does, and you cant get nasty in corners because the suspension is straight axle front and rear with leafsprings.

youre right, that truck mentioned above is really satisfying at 50 MPH,the trucks engine is redlining and the truck feels fast as hell

Driving a convertible is nothing like riding a motorcycle kek.

You're more involved on a bike, there's less between you and the road. You lean in corners, you could touch the road with your knee if you want.

You're naked on a bike, and I guess that's what makes it more thrilling than a car.

Oh, and the speed. There's that too.