Was street racing ever big, like initial D and fast and furious have you believe?

Was street racing ever big, like initial D and fast and furious have you believe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FYpDYoyG3wE
youtube.com/watch?v=QCAElsnjPos
youtube.com/watch?v=WXEdxM1A3gw
stickydiljoe.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm going to assume you are underage as fuck

Initial D is literally based on real life street racing on the mountain passes in Japan

youtube.com/watch?v=FYpDYoyG3wE

youtube.com/watch?v=QCAElsnjPos

shit it still goes on today but obv not as popular

youtube.com/watch?v=WXEdxM1A3gw

Fast and Furious is based on the street racing cultural in the 90s. Street racing got even bigger after the first fast and furious movie came out.

your mom is "underage as fuck"

Hello summer

cool I answered your question and of course you reply with a corny comeback so I am right.

stick to watching shitty Initial D and Fast and Furious movies because thats closest youll be to participating in car culture

>gets told
>gets upset
go back to rebbit

is that right?

kek

heres your (you)

yeah nigga

F&F actually killed the scene after everyone starting doing the ricer underglow/vinyl wrap/fuck huge wing thing/ NAWS and police everywhere stopped being anything resembling forgiving on racing and illegal cars and suddenly cameras started showing up in every remotely major intersection.

Yep. Street racing was very popular before the f&f and movie brought lot of new people into the scene. Which ruined the whole thing

>be a dumb fuck who does not know shit
>ask stupid questions on a mongolian basket weaving forum
>get flustered about people answering your inane question

You're either 12 or stopped developing intellectually after 12

OP
GOT
BTFO

what are these brothers called again, Veeky Forums?

>Street racing got even bigger after the first fast and furious movie came out.
How do you know?

Just a few weeks ago 43 were arrested for street racing activities in Washington. That's not even including the ones that got away.

can i get this pic with just the car and the gradient?

your answer is here
also do some reading on this website, lately he has been going back in time finding old pics

stickydiljoe.com/

not so much about street racing but more about the car shows back before FnF dropped

Street racing still happens yes but it will never be as popular as it was around the time the first FnF dropped.

It depended on where you lived, but yes, it really existed like that.

>Flint, MI ('07-10)
Flint is largely an abandoned industrial town. There were 2 or 3 regular spots where on Friday/Saturday nights several hundred cars and bikes (over 300 on occasion) would park diagonally beside the road and then whomever wanted to race would form a line of 2 behind the starting line - anyone just passing through would have to turn around or wait in line to drive through normally. The police force was TINY at the time (not to mention Flint had the highest murder rate in the country then), so cops would sometimes watch or shut down streetlights but they didn't do anything. Shit, the mayor at one point (in '09 I think) designated a certain street by an old GM plant to be legally used for drag racing between certain hours.

Pic from a news article about it lol.

>Next post: Charleston, SC.

>'07-'10

street racing is pretty dead in comparison to the 90s m8 esp with all the cameras and technology

dude it's like 5 minutes in MS paint

I feel like helping you out so here you go

>Charleston, SC ('07-08)
There were 3 or 4 regular parking lots we'd switch between. I'd say we averaged 200 cars/bikes weekly on either Friday or Saturday nights (I think it was Sat). Sometimes cops would come and kick us out of a lot and we'd all caravan (yes, a group of 100+ modded cars driving around town at night) to another lot.

There were a few teams of 10-25 people each who'd show up. S/C NSXs, lots of evos, a few STis, Supras, and anything else you can think of. One guy in the team I was briefly on (moved away in '08) was a successful Porsche GT3 cup racer and had an R34 V-spec 2 with just under 650hp on street gas.

Anyway, we'd arrange a couple of races then we'd go to the highway and 3 cars would block traffic behind us going like 20 mph, 2 guys would go ahead and check for cops, while those racing would line up in 2's and do rolls from 30mph, often ending over 140. There used to be a vid on StreetFire of a sleeper Cobalt SS and a GNX kicking my ass when I had a bone-stock STi and didn't know to brake-boost.

A quick check of the Carolina Horsepower forums tells me that cops started cracking down hard in late '09 - I'm glad I wasn't there for that.

shit forgot the text

Teriyaki Brothers

of course not
fast and furious were some kids imitating japan street racing "scene" in nyc not knowing those japanese dudes were scarce

I WONDER IF YOU KNOW

Tamagochi brothers

Spin & co

Dr. Spin and Lord of D