So who actually thinks these are safe?

So who actually thinks these are safe?

I'm not american but I see these pics of cars with gigantic wheels like these.

If it isn't safe, why isn't the goivernment not fining them?

This feels like bait
This is America, people aren't fined by the government for every tiny little thing because we have freedumbs.

What happens if you hit a pothole with one of these monstrosities?

Because you have to go out of your way to ticket them

For example in my state they can ticket people hogging the left lane, but cops would much rather idle in a shaded secret spot with AC at full watching their radar gun than actully move and ticket people other than speeding.

they crack or break

As long as its an american car you can get away with anything

Niggers in South Carolina.

Should bring them to Victoria, Australia OP.
Down here we can't have a gearknob without the shift pattern on top, or a steering wheel without a padded rim.

These rims would be an instant grounding of the car, potential impound for 30 days lol.

Literally freedom.

People are free to be gigantic retards and ride their donks or not fasten their setbelts if they desire to do so. And I'm fine with it. Eurocucks can't modify a single damn thing without having to recertify as roadworthy it or some such.

How is that even street legal? The handling would be fucked to the point of hazardous.

Emus should have just steamrolled your shithole country.

holy fuck no wonder you faggots shitpost so hard on /pol/, I'd be constantly angry too

No engine swaps if the engine is a certain % larger than stock either or over a certain weight.

So, the only things we can LS swap are Patrols or Land Cruisers.

At least this one has tread

it feels like bait, but that's how it is in yuropooria, these people need their government to tell them how to think

because in America we have freedom and the government doesn't dictate every single thing we do. We literally rebel against the government every chance we get except cuck states like California, new York, and Massachusetts.

I'm pretty sure that's wrong

I think if it's above a 20% increase in power, you need an engineer to certify EVERYTHING, which means i'd have to upgrade my rear drums.

I think if the highest trim has the same displacement you are ok

honestly i haven't reader the doc in a year or two

>asking nigger logic in MURRICA
you done fug up whity

Why have laughably slow speed limits but allow people to drive things that are about to self-destruct?
It's like you choose to use the "muh freedoms" argument only in areas that are the least beneficial to you. I'd rather have higher speed limits but no donks on the streets than have it the other way.

Aight so heres the deal. Basketball enthusiasts usually dont have these for that long at a time because they get them from this place called rent-a-wheel and quickly run out of the financing to maintain the lease.

You end up with a sore ass.

>or a steering wheel without a padded rim
what if it was stock?

this

Holy shit, auscuck genocide when

How mentally ill would you have to be to LS swap a landcruiser

What sort of stupid system stops you from recklessly endangering others with badly thought out and implemented modifications to safety critical components?

daily reminder americans are not allowed to import masterpieces like R34 because its too unsafe but they can drive garbage whackjobs made in Cletus "Bubba" Junior's garage legally

wrong...

I'm in favor of effective inspections, and even I don't see how a donk would be inherently unsafe. Stancebuckets, brotrucks, rat rods and straight up hickmobiles are all far worse.

Would be pretty cool actually.

The sidewall height is no worse than on a modern sports car or "sports" car, it only looks so ridiculous because of the wheel size.

This, my cholo co-worker has awful swangas on his brown riced ls430 for like a week at a time then goes back to the stock wheels for a month.

>American """""culture""""

It's probably a spinner. The leaf outline isn't structural

That would be Mexican culture

Agree and I don't doubt this is true... but donks require a good amount of chassis and suspension modifications to fit those stupid wheels. After the wheels get returned, are you suggesting they then put the stock wheels on it again at a jacked up ride height? Would look like a vidya mistake

Required pre-prison training

if you look at the pic properly youll see a solid plate behind the leaf

They're fucking everywhere in Greenville

They don't call it Greenville for no reason.

Its because of import laws not safety you dumb nigger

>it's not tyrone's dick up my ass but chad's, so it's ok

I think you're all missing the elephant in the room.

You run a risk of blowing a tire from hitting a pothole, it changes the geometry of the car making it handle and ride horrible, but it also adds stress on all driveline components.

I used to operate a tow truck specializing in old, custom, or eccentric cars in Orlando. To the point I was receiving calls over 6 after I moved away. During the battle of the bands I moved no less than 40 of these retarded things. Everything from blown power steering lines and pumps to blown differentials and driveshafts.

european dick riding at its finest

I hate to break it to you but niggers are pretty much everywhere now.

this is very true

That's a dust shield. The black part is the actual wheel and the silver lip and leaf are a spinner. Some are counter balanced and some are designed to sit in that position the whole time.

the large diameter wheels roll over holes with ease

Yeah, and one of the reasons it's banned by import laws is because it hasn't been thoroughly crash tested by the US DoT, therefore it doesn't meet DoT safety guidelines.

He's not wrong...

That was built with atleast safety in mind.

>Said the 'murican

In what way? And how does it invalidate other modifications?

They don't matter. They make money for people with large CNC turning and milling centers, thereby keeping machine shops employed.

If niggers want to buy delicate shit, good. That brings back their gibs into the economy and most machinists are white.

All they really do is fuck up outboard front wheel bearings. Of course they handle like ass but it's not a problem for anyone but the shitskin owner and it encourages them to drive slower for easier arrest.

Has more to do with politics and grey market circumventing dealerships.

But it's ok we know you tried with this post I give it a 5/10

And add weight to steering systems, blowing lines and pumps.
And add unsprung weight to the entire suspension system resulting in all components failing, including ball joints, tie rods, and even breaking A arms.

I don't know as far safe but it gay as shit. And here in America we have equal rights so it constitutionally legal to drive gay cars.

god damn ypipo fuckin hatin on muh kellogs frosty flakes donk fuckin whyt supremacists

Ive seen this image at least 10 times but i just noticed they took a mirror off one side and put it on the other side

whats dangerous about it?
More ground clearance and slower driving.

A bullbar.

"masterpieces"

Yeah right.

It's 2017 you idiots.

The gob-ment only comes after you if you're a successful person.

nobody drives ratrods on the highway you emu

I don't know why people do this shit. Not only is it a terrible customization, but turning this thing is a bitch too since it rubs.

It's actually because of Mercedes and a bunch of other shit that other anons already pointed out, but let me say some stuff so you GTR fanboys get triggered:

>reminder the R33 is the best GTR
>reminder the R34 is one of the worst in racing pedigree and other various shit
>reminder that the R32's racing pedigree is littered in cheating and basically invalidates everything they "achieved" in bong land
>A Cobalt SS is better than all of them in every single way possible besides looks and not giving weeaboos and normie car guys who don't know these facts a hard on

Hate to break it to you but its worse over in europe.

>Hoon laws
>car crushed
Fuck this state run by aging hipster fuckwits.
Good coffee though.

Why are Mexicans into Lexus and BMW lately? Just like a few years ago it was all Hondas and lowered trucks.

They bend or crack

happens alot because theyre probably made out of melted steelies

Ran out of pre-2001 Hondas. Mexicans are not that dumb.

This needs to be offroaded

>If it isn't safe, why isn't the goivernment not fining them?
Yea just what we need, more government!

I thought people financing fucking rims was a joke until I started seeing those places pop up around here.

They aren't slow. They're only slow in small, rural towns that make half their police budgets on them.

Doesn't matter, as soon as it's licensed for public roads it needs to be fit for highway driving, too.

>65 mph
>not slow
amerifat delusion lol

How many libfags could this thing take out?

He knows nothing about America. but spouts off nonsense anyways.

Protip Germany isn't all of yurop just like California isn't all of america

As expected of europoors

>85 mph
>not slow
lel

Swank! Does he also wear these?

>Audi

Wasn't A-Dogg more of a Mercedes guy than Audi?

>Daddy why does that car have leaf wheels?

This doesn't exist. They literally can't drive or get into their cars with those.

mein fuhrer was a wv guy

Audi (actually Auto Union) had silver arrows competing too

top kek, is this a thing?
fucking spics

Yeah. It's not super popular, but you'll see it in the ranchero culture of south Texas and some parts of New Mexico.