>Gasoline fillup rate: 20,046 kw
>Tesla "Super" charger: 90 - 120 kw

How can electricfags ever compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_tax_revenue_by_state
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_taxation_and_spending_by_state
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_GDP_per_capita
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

By not loosing half of that energy to heat?

The only way I could see is if the electric car people came up with some way to slowly charge the cars overnight/when they aren't being used for much cheaper than the equivalent gasoline would be, with simple equipment available in any house, workplace, parking lot, etc.

Mazda says hi

Tesla charging + inefficiencies lose you about 10-15%. ICE lose about 60%, soon to be only 50%.

Also, for trucks, the fillup rate is 91,080 kw

Your truck magically makes more fuel teleport out of the pump?

Truck pump rate is regulated to be 40 gpm instead of 10 gpm for passenger cars.

huh.... no, it's too perfect. it would never work. And you know how expensive those 220VAC are to install. Literally dozens of dollars!

>Oilcuck efficiency rate: 35%~
>Tesla energy efficiency rate: 97%

Truly embarrassing

They're clearly not 97% if they require a full 200amps and a cooling system to charge. Even with all the heat loss in a ICE it's still more efficient.

Prius ICE efficiency: 40%.
Power plant to generate electricity: 35%
Tesla overall efficiency: 33.9%

You think a prius is more efficient at energy generation then a fucking power plant?

Are oilcucks really this fucking stupid or am I being trolled?

You mean diesel pumps? There are plenty of diesel passenger cars

Look it up, you'd be surprised how inefficient our aging power plants are. It doesn't matter though, you are still going to pay for electricity regardless of the cost.

Yeah, the pump for the 18 wheelers, the image was a bit of a shitpost.

NIGGER YOU GODDAMN THINK A FUCKING 8 YEAR OLD BRICK ON WHEELS CAN FUCKING CONVERT GAS TO POWER BETTER THEN A GODDMAN FACTORY WHAT THE GODDAMN FUCK IS THIS FAGGOT BULLSHIT YOU LITTLE KEK

Ham and Cheese Sandwich - 2800 Wh/kg
18650 cell - 260 Wh/kg

Electroncucks will defend this.

>power plants don't lose energy in the form of heat
lmao

Kek, I take it you haven't looked it up? The average efficiency of our power plants is like in the 20% range.

The thing is ICE doesn't convert to electricity, it converts oil to motion.

Tesla works like this: oil is converted to electricity then it is converted to motion.

The less conversion, the more efficient it is.

Not as much as a car or truck engine. In the power generation and industrial word thermal efficiency goes up as the engine or genset gets bigger. It's why a 110k hp ship engine that puts out 5.5 million ft/lbs of torque is more thermally efficient than a 70hp euro diesel car engine.

This.

Don't forget about corona discharge as it travels across miles of lines.

Yeah, we all know that gas is teleported from the oil rig right to the gas station.

>The weighted average generating efficiency for all countries together in
2011 is 35% for coal, 48% for natural gas,40% for oil-fired power generation and 38% for fossil power in general
>20%

Damn, the alt-right is post-truth.

Does that include distribution?

Read what this user wrote.

>an electrical car pollutes while being built
>battery cells pollute while being extracted and built
>still continues to pollute through its life because you can't produce even 25% of the electricity without polluting
So yeah, if you can't actually think of a way of producing 100% clean energy cells and 100% clean energy, electrics aren't the future.

Do you even have a source for the 20%?

Also, moving the goalposts. I'm out.

Distribution loses at least 10%, then AC/DC at the charger loses another 10% on top of that.

>a regular car pollutes while being built
>gasoline pollutes while being extracted and processed
>still continues to pollute throughout its life because you can't produce gasoline without polluting.
So yeah if you can't actually think of a way of producing 100% clean gasoline, ICEs aren't the future.

Then you have wire losses and battery drains on top of that. So basically Tesla is 20% efficient vs Prius which is 40% efficient.

Why are the taxpayer forced to give out money to Teslafags again?

>Batteries don't get hot.

At least they can buy overpriced groceries while they wait literal hours to charge up their cars so they can do it again a few hours and 300 miles later

Look drumpfkins, no matter how much retarded bullshit you spew they are better for the environment.

The people who say they are will have designed your computer and won nobel prizes. the people who say they aren't r hillbilly retards

Call me up when your glorified golf carts run on an empty beer can and a banana peel.

I wasn't disproving the fact ICE cars pollute, I was merely proving the fact electric cars aren't the solution as they also pollute. Can you read?

You can fuck off back to tumblr.

Harvard's standards have fell pretty hard to the SJW meme. They're letting literal dindus into their medical program

yeah but my car is not charging because someone occupy them. There should be 20 or more slots on each superchargers.

It takes more than one hour to recharge fully. I will not be waiting for that long time... silly.

Tbh, even though I shit on Tesla this entire thread, I do like them as an idea, just absolutely no taxpayer subsidies.

Where would the extra electricity come from to charge at such a high rate?

lol if that's real

when do we eradicate the rural menace?

It's more just getting your own tax back desu.

In loads of countries you get this if you do something beneficial to everyone instead of just yourself

e.g. in the uk fruit/veg isn't taxed since it saves the nhs and hence everyone else money

bullshit, you are getting my taxdollars. California needs to be nuked.

>you are getting my taxdollars.
Wrong. Oil companies are though (and Israel).

> California needs to be nuked.
Lol,, pic related.

California can spend their money how they want cause it's actually theirs, unlike the republican states which just leech it

this needs to be updated, CO isn't red.

Sure

The democratic states are still funding the republican states constant incompetence. Google it if you want

not saying that isn't true, just saying 2004 is out of date and I'm interested in a new version

It really doesn't matter whatever bullshit "fiscal condition" means when california is giving away insane amounts of money to the other states.

That's just not true my low iq friend.

Here's a newer version

You said this
>bullshit, you are getting my taxdollars. California needs to be nuked.

This clearly isn't true and they're using their own money

Jesus are liberals all retarded like you?

You are taking from the federal tax dollar, I am not. It's as simple as that. If you are nuked, then you are no longer taking from MY taxdollars.

but they are contributing more than they are taking so then you get less overall

>Diesel pump

Wow. You know there is a difference between you passenger car gas station, truck stop and ship yard when it comes to diesel pumps right?

Wrong.

No they are not, California is one of the biggest leach on the federal tax dollars. Can't wait until they are nuked

lmao tell that to the burgerking

We'll just have to nuke California to find out. Fact is, California takes more back in federal aid than they give. Fucking liberals.

>Posts a picture of a cuck truck at a passenger pump

Why should california not be able to spend ITS OWN money on electric cars?

It's one of the greatest CONTRIBUTORS of tax even including the money for electric cars

>California is one of the biggest leach on the federal tax dollars.
* biggest givers

($0.78 means it SPENDS $0.78 for every $1 it GIVES)

California is a leech, and a net negative for the United States.

All the subsidies for Tesla are coming from Red states

>ND is one of the whitest states, full of rural hard working people
>relies the least on federal aid
>one of the whitest states
what a great place

keep believing that

See, now you have nothing to counter because everything you said so far are lies. Any research and you'll find out that California should be nuked to stop you guys from leeching from the united states.

Not to mention all your water are stolen from the red states too.

M8 you posted a graph and I did aswell. You can see the same thing with california giving a lot here

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_tax_revenue_by_state
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_taxation_and_spending_by_state

You'll obviously say it's wrong/fake though. Typical drumpfkin. This is why en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_GDP_per_capita happens

Lol even people outside burgerland know california is one of/the best state. Silicon valley, berkeley, caltech etc

>Any research and you'll find out that California should be nuked to stop you guys from leeching from the united states.

Why did you make this thread on pol?

Kek, great minds thinks alike.

t. rural and suburban retard

I knew it, a bong. Wew lad. You wish you were in California.

>say something autistic
>help me polbros

I wish I lived in a first world country desu

Is the UK really that terrible that you'd want to live in that shithole known as California?

Hello is this a car board

I live in poland.
>m-m-muh bong flag on pol

I'm not even the same guy, but there's something you guys are skating over without paying any attention. Yeah, seeing how much a state gives and takes tell part of the story, but not the whole story. If a state in specific gives more than takes, but then expends more than it gets, it's a net negative. We can argue all day if state X or Y is better or worse, but there has never been a example of a state (of any country in the world that I know of) seceding from a country and still being a overwhelming economic force.

>tfw rural and liberal
We exist, I swear!

do "muh tax dollers" retards really not understand the concept of container taxes/cash refund value for containers

everyone pays the tax, and the people who can stifle their mouthbreathing and engage in beneficial behaviors for everyone get the money back

you don't get your nickel back because you're doing the automotive equivalent of throwing the can in the garbage instead of recycling it

I don't lose 75% of my tank in 5 years.

They pollute less though you stupid nigger, go back to class

when you starve to death

savage

>not leasing a new car every year
gotta stay en fliqué

> not driving a car that's served at least 3 decades

It's like you don't even care about the environment

breh them old cars are so inefficient in other ways
it would cost less energy to make and run a new car than to keep an old one running

much the same way that it costs less to mine new metal than it does to recycle old metal

>Eradicate the rural menace
We always wonder when we'll eradicate the flat landers.

The thing that still baffles me to this day is when you guys go camping. You head out to designated camp grounds and then proceed to walk maybe 30' away from the center of the fire and take a dump.

And the trash. Dear lord, the trash. After the 4th of July I hate driving anywhere as every shoulder and ditch along the back roads are caked in trash.

>to produce electricity, you need to use a combustion engine to make electricity
>you also need combustion engines to transport fuel to the plants
>electric cars need combustion engines to dig up the lithium for batteries

>combustion engines just need the fuel
>and ironically, combustion car plants only need electricity

My bigger concern is this whole chase for renewable energy. Soon we'll reach a point where we cannot provide nearly enough electricity to power everything, so we may as well go back to horse and buggy.

They still pollute a lot, asshat.
Can you even comprehend english?

Well california will be the first and the fagnited states of gaymerica will die without us and we get all they're land

How come there are people that still think this? Do you think we're running out of coal? Running out of oil? Running out of wind, sun, nuclear materials? How can you be so fucking dumb? What you said is completely false, I don't even know where the fuck do you take this kind of information. The fucking US alone could produce much more oil if it weren't for regulations. And there's still nuclear energy and your country may as well build hydro-electric power-plants if shit really comes to shove. Hell, Canada got one of the biggest oil reserves in the world, that still economically nonviable due to the low oil prices. As soon as it shoots up, Canada can become one of the biggest oil producers in the world.

You mean for electrics, or ICE? Transmission losses don't invalidate the fact gasoline don't just teleport to the pump.

Gasoline takes 6kWh per gallon to refine.
Refilling your 16 gallon tank lost almost 100kWh to fill, and it didn't even get burned yet. Why is that allowed?