What Car should i get?

What Car should i get?

they are both at the same price in my country.

Toyota Celica T23 from 2002
with
1.8 Liter VVTL-i 141 kW (192 PS)

or

Honda Prelude from 2001
with
2.2 Liter VTEC 147 kW (200 PS)

get the Honda dude. VTEC is the shit

Get a Bedford Rascal instead

Can you get something that isn't made out of rice?

Prelude. I'm biased though. Mine is also boosted and fast though so my perspective is probably skewed.

I'm in a similar situation OP

From what I've been reading the celica is better I'm gas but slower
And the prelude is faster and more torquey but not as good on gas
But it's a fucking 90's Honda so it can't be that bad

What's your budget?

celica

honda 100%

how much of a problem is traction for you from a standstill? my rsx-s is stock and even then I have wheel hop in second if I'm hard on it. couldn't imagine it boosted.

user get the Honda Prelude. More '90s radical looking, faster, and it's a Honda. You can beat on that shit all day and it'll just keep going.

That said, most of what makes the Honda great applies to the Celiac too, minus the styling. I just prefer boxy cars.

twingo.

Traction on ANY car from a "stand still" Is going to be dog shit if you make any power at all/ have short gears/ don't use wide tires of a nice compound.

I run boost by gear and don't really have problems. Only time I'd launch my car is at the track where i usr slicks so its no problem.

Get a traction bar and you will eliminate the wheel hoo.

boost by gear? what does that mean?

It means i run a certain amount of boost depending on the gear I'm in. First gear blows the tires off at 10 psi in first so i run 5 psi in first, 9 in second, etc etc.

The trick is to play with it and set the boost level right at the point the tires are breaking, then back off 1 psi. People that say you can't habe traction in fwd cars dont understand technology. Shit, the new aem infinity units utilize your abs wheel sensors and measure wheel spin and retard timing to keep them right at that threshold i alluded to earlier.

Traction is a total and complete non issue. Anyone saying different is inexperienced and regurgitating bullshit.

boost changes automatically based on the gear you're in? how?

Look up what a MAC solenoid is. There's a million ways to control boost pressure at any given time. You can run boostXspeed , boost X rpm, boost X gear, or a combination of all of that like i do. A mac solenoid manipulates your boost controller and controls how much pressure it sees, which controls how much pressure your wastegate sees, which is what actually regulates your boost to begin with.

A boost controllers job is to lie to your wastegate so that it opens up late. If you have a 10 pound spring in the Wastegate abbr want to run 20 psi, the boost controller will not let your wastegate see that 10psi until youre actually at 20. A mac solenoid will communicate wth your ecu, send and receive data, and manipulate your boost controller, thereby manipulating your wastegate in real time to your liking.

Typing this on a phone so it might be messy.

thanks for all the information user

No problem. Don't be afraid of power on fwd cars due to traction issues. It's 2017, not 1999, theres technology for everything.

Celica has a bigger trunk and better mileage. Prelude has more power and is a bit faster also the 90s Hona V TEC Meme

Both are good cars. I asked on other internet Communitys and they said get the Prelude too.

6 000 to 8 000 €

Get a Celica, except a 6th generation one. Looks so much better than the 7th gens

Celica

Try and find a Mazdaspeed6/MPS for sick AWD or look for a Lexus SC400 if you don't mind autotragic

If you get the Mazdaspeed, don't buy the Mazdaspeed3, because it's FWD and torquesteers. SC400s didn't come in manual, but you get a sick Japanese V8 for 2000€ if you get lucky with an offer, although i think they probably go for 4000€ across the pond

I

Lexus SC is 10 000 € and more even a BMW 5er or mercedes e klasse is cheaper

Mazda is shit

Lexus is "exotic" and "unique"

The only Lexus i would get are late 90s-early 2000 IS but they are all automatic

I could easily buy an older BMW 3er with I6 but they are 08/15.

BMW is like Dodge to the US

Only Meatheads/shitskins and spoiled tweens have one.

Yuppies drive Mercedes or Jaguar

Opel = Chevy
VW = Ford

Lame normie cars

The only european car i would like is a BMW 740i but to expansiv

It blows my mind how you aren't permabanned yet.

Am driving a 7th gen Celica, can confirm it's a good car.
Would recommend having it checked over on ramps first though, CV boots will wear and need to be replaced, which can be done cheaply yourself or very expensively by some rip off cunt mechanic.

Where the hell do you live? SC400s are around 4000CAD in North America, don't see why there's a 7500€ markup for you guys.

Also, you really have no leg to stand on calling other cars shit when one of your top choices is a 7th gen celica

Northern Bavaria

We dont have the first Generation SC. We only got the SC430 abd they are very rare.

BMW 530i e39 is available for my cash but if something goes kaputt like the water pump

Oh, that's a real shame, SC400s are some of the biggest bang per buck you can get. I'll poke around and see what I can find in northern Bavaria, but do consider the Mazdaspeed6, it's some of the most fun I've had in a cheaper car

Also i dont want an old man sedan. I want a sporty coupe. The only alternatives i got here a e36 e46 BMWs Audi TTs or GTI Golfs

I live on the countryside around 90402 Nürnberg.

I could look whole Germany but then i need to drive far.

I'm seeing a lot of Mitsubishi Eclipses, how do you feel about those? I also found this random Firebird, although I can't post the link because Hiro thinks mobile.de is a spam site

I dont want to pay more than 8 000 €

My current car, my first car, is a 2002 Ford Focus Wagon with the 1.6 Engine. Im now 21 have a full time job and its time to get something better.

I have already looked at those Mitsubishis.
Grey import vehicles
Rare and expansiv spare parts. Don't like the appearance.
I have found some V6 catfish Camaros

Yes i look mostly on autoscout24, eBay or mobile.de

They are only 3.8 automatic

Alright, I'll tell you what I found, but I can't post links because it thinks it's spam. These are all within 50km of 90402 on mobile.de

1994 Nissan 100NX Targa - 780€
1998 Honda Integra Type-R - 7200€
1986 Porsche 944 Targa - 4600€
1991 Nissan 200SX Turbo - 4500€
1992 Toyota MR2 T-Bar - 3850€
2005 Chrysler Crossfire - 6599€

I can't read German, so all I can go off is the descriptions, but this is what I found in the area. I don't have much more time, but 4chin doesn't like url shorteners so I can't link you

Catfish Camaros are cool, just for the love of God do not buy a V6

get the prelude, the celica is slower, doesn't look as good and has a shit aftermarket

Thanks user. I already found some.

No problem, what I learned today is that the car market in Bavaria is pretty depressing

Yes i know. Mostly VWs, Opel, Ford, BMW and Mercedes shitboxes from late 90s to mid 2000.

Well at least you can get many good I6 e36 e39 BMWs

The most people buy a new car every 5 to 10 years and sell there old car to eastern Europe or throw them at the junkyard.

Some of my friends (i am 21) are leasing CLAs or 1 Series and calling me funny for wanting " a bowl of rice"

>live in Bavaria
>dont want a BMW

Honda Prelude
Honda Integra Type R
V8 Catfish Camaro

This

Mazda Miata

P
DIESEL FIAT U
I N
A T
T PUNTO