Veeky Forums トヨタ

Toyota General
>much better edition

>Should Veeky Forums allow Daihatsu cars on the montage?
strawpoll.me/13281079
(69/102 votes needed)

>List of Toyota model codes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Toyota_model_codes

Sister Honda thread
Zeemaps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2352609

Bump the thread if it's at page 5.

Vids:
>POOR MAN'S FERRARI
youtu.be/1_wFH70dqTg

>How to remove paint scuff
youtube.com/watch?v=7zzq5f8x5f4

>Celica Build
youtu.be/KmNgdlbmL1k

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1_wFH70dqTg
omaha.craigslist.org/cto/d/2002-toyota-celica-gt/6261901712.html
omaha.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-toyota-celica-gts/6237731844.html
desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/d/toyota-celica-gt/6254331681.html
jekylhyderacing.com/snapoversteer.htm
manuals.co/workshop/toyota/corolla/1996-toyota-corolla-owners-manual/3232/190#pfbe
youtu.be/SmGPPrAO34Y
twitter.com/coolcars_kirei/status/897673679525388288
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>How do I join the mon/tg/e?
See pic related.

>>POOR MAN'S FERRARI
>youtu.be/1_wFH70dqTg
Just went I thought the OP wasn't messed up this time.

>when*
Damn it

Postan again. Also

Corolla is dead but I want to try and revive it.

>engine pisses coolant only when cranking over, must be the water pump
>don't hear any fuel pumping so it won't start

Anyone know where the fuel pump relay is?

Saw some stuff leaving work today. Not toyo but Veeky Forums nonetheless

Looking for a zzt231. How much should I expect to pay for a clean red/blue gt-s with sub-100k miles? I tend to see them going for around 3k and I could do that but they are all riced or high miles. Why are they all either run into the dirt, riced out, or crazy expensive?

omaha.craigslist.org/cto/d/2002-toyota-celica-gt/6261901712.html

omaha.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-toyota-celica-gts/6237731844.html

desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/d/toyota-celica-gt/6254331681.html

I just want one so bad but can't find the perfect one. Also I flip flop on the Action Package and whether or not I want it.

Alright Veeky Forums if all goes well, I'll have a 2005 Lexus ES330 replacing the Corolla. It's a bit of an odd situation though.

>has 200k on the odometer, but the previous owner confirms that it was towed behind an RV as they travelled the country frequently. Actual driving miles should be 30k or less
>looks amazing inside and out, all the maintenance is caught up
>$4700 out the door, less than $175 a month with no down payment

I'll be seeing it in person at my uncle's family owned dealership on Monday. He's getting it worked on from top to bottom to make sure it's perfect just because it's us buying it.

I'm pretty excited. I need something that will just werk so I don't have to be worried every time my mom drives somewhere far away.

i cocked it up big time
broke top control arm and caliper at least
assuming labour is free (i plan on doing it myself) what is the cost in parts for fixing this, and does anything elso look broken.

Probably end up replacing the whole knuckle with the control arms. Not too familiar with suspension on those but just expect anything attached to the knuckle to be bent or damaged.

>It's a supra! Basically at least. Same thing really. Please, anyone.

essentially the back is the front of another car.

Get it : )

i would laugh but it hurts

I'd go with the middle one

That sounds kinda sketchy imo but I'll trust it when it's checked

Like $900 at most i think, rough estimate
Looks like it'll need a new axle too. What happened btw? Green text story please

Yeah hearing the miles threw me off a bit but knowing my uncle (not the one that fixed my car before), the last thing he would do is give me a piece of shit. He's even gonna have new tires on it for me.

Is the snap overmeme really too bad on the mr2 (1985) for a novice driver? I've driven rwd manual before but I've heard the mr2 is a killer.

Can I just buy it, drive it slowly to the track, and learn there? And never drive it in rain I guess?

I cleaned the whole TB assembly, trying to solve the random high idle issue I'm having with my 4AFE. No luck yet, I though about the TPS, but the thing was pretty much new.

I'm a bit out of ideas, I inspected every rubber piping going in and out of the intake manifold, no crack or anything, I tried replacing the ICS valve (with a cheap one though), no A/C in this car, and I replaced the power steering fluid already.

What I noticed is that it doesn't happen as much when the weather is warmer, and it's the worst when it's cold/wet.

how do I make my shitbox corolla fun with $0 mods

Strip interior for weight reduction

holy shit dude how???? anyways check out mr2parts4u on eBay for suspension components and MR2 sale groups on FB for the axle if it's broken, you'll get the best deal there

this fucking topic again... lemme sum it up to you man, only a really really retarded driver can initiate it.

jekylhyderacing.com/snapoversteer.htm

seriously, fuck car magazine for putting that stupid headline on the mr2

The article led me to believe that I should indeed "get to know" the car, thank you

Unless it was towed with the ignition on it probably has 200k on the engine.

>has 200k on the odometer, but the previous owner confirms that it was towed behind an RV as they travelled the country frequently. Actual driving miles should be 30k or less

This is so bullshit I got a bad cramp just reading it and I threw up and when I doubled over I fell in the vomit

nvm im just very sick i think

bump

Not sure if it will help, but this
manuals.co/workshop/toyota/corolla/1996-toyota-corolla-owners-manual/3232/190#pfbe
and the next two pages might be usefull.

Thanks bro. I gave it a look yesterday and confirmed fuel pressure by installing a fuel pressure gauge onto the fuel filter. Only thing left to check is spark which I'm pretty sure is the problem. I'm in no rush now though, it's way too hot to mess with.

Got pic related recently, 85 Corolla LE, front fenders are rusted, and would like to replace them with non rusted fenders from another vehicle and repaint them. Problem is I cannot find a similar car anywhere, none in local junkyards or anything. Is there a good way of finding 80's Toyota parts that I'm not aware of? Any advice is appreciated.

Universal jdm flares. Seems cringey at first then you realize normies won't care, toyota fans won't care, car enthusiasts won't care.

Does Toyota sell packaged OEM wipers? I was the kind of kid who had to spend half a weekend assembling small Lego sets and I never got any better.

Yeah I did have that idea, the rust is really only around the fender touching the wheel well, so a fender should cover it. Any reccomendations one where to look/purchase some? It's hard to search on most proxy services.

Whoops.

Yes
Just YouTube how to install it. It's a no brainer

Putting this shit on is a pain.

holy shit dude where did you even find a clean one?

It's a Woodsport replica from England. Never had the time to install it but hopefully it looks nice when I get it seated.

I've installed them before, but does Toyota sell the whole thing in one package like I'd find on Rockauto?

What car?

highlander

I bought a pair on Rockauto and they turned out to be absolute shit. They streak a ton and they're four months old. A lot of the time the driver's side wiper wiggles almost completely loose and every time I get out of the car, I have to push it back. I never had this problem with the OEM wipers, but every Toyota parts site I've found has the individual parts and I'm absolute shit at actually assembling anything so I'm hesitant to order.

oh wow, I didn't know woodsport still made replicas, how much was shipping from England? I know Campos sells em for $180 which is cheap compared to the $300 price tag I've seen in the past

Try a pair of Silblades from Amazon. I've had good luck with them.

I think it was around $300 + 80 dollars shipping.

Hold on

I noticed something

What the FUCK HAPPENED THE MIDNIGHT LVR'S AE86?

What's a good price to pay for a 90-95 Celica that's not beat up or has a billion miles on it?

Alternatively, is $2.5k a fair price for a mk3 Supra non-turbo with dinky interior and worn paint?

Here's my car. 2004 toyota mr2

how hard is it to swap rear drums for discs from one model corolla to another? both are e110s but i need the car that is recieving the drums to still be drivable so how do i swap the proportioning valve?

also one car has ABS, will i confuse it by putting different brakes?

Sold. Our tofuboi moved on to a Mr.S

About 2k

If the hg is replaced It's not too bad of a deal.

If you have replaced brake drum assemblies before it's not hard.
youtu.be/SmGPPrAO34Y

It won't confuse it if you have ABS it's just gonna be disconnected

sorry i was gone. Yea, there is no axle in the back of a mr2. i might greentext one day but i wont post the pic so people IRL cant tell its me lol. quick rundown; I snap oversteared cause i got scared.

There is an absolutely pristine 88 MR2 SC for sale near me for a really good price. On the downside, it's an automatic.

How much work should I expect to get myself into if I want to convert it?

if you know how to drop a tranny and 4 bolts worth of subframe it's the same as any other car

Would you say it's fairly straight forward, then? I have yet to work on an MR2, but I've heard horror stories of tight engine bays. Thankfully, the engine looks superb, so if the swap isn't horrible, I feel it's worth it to me.

How long would you expect it to take one person?

yeah it's straight forward. the only people telling horror stories are people who've never actually worked on one or is used to working on trucks. it'll rarely get worse than having to bend over into the bay. maybe a couple of days if it's your first time

Am I going to be disappointed driving the automatic for a month while I order in the manual trans and other parts?

I don't own jackstands or anything, but there is a shop a city away that lets you rent repair booths with lifts, etc. Would it be more worthwhile to work on it there instead of buying jacks?

Or more so, would I be more content in buying a manual NA and swapping a 4agze in there? From what I've read, the NA handled better than the SC?

Do any of you guys have a 20v 4AGE? I need to find and remove my IACV but I'm not quite sure as to where it is. I don't wanna pull anymore hoses and bolts than I need to.

Project Gotham Racing / 10

This thread needs more 2JZ

you mean 3sgte

Redpill me on the MRS Toyotabros

the best mr2 as long as you can live with NO storage space

I want it for a hills racing weapon, storage space is no worries. 2ZZ-GE swap would be cool, or a K20.

dont bother with swaps, just a rollcage, it doesnt really need power

I would have though 210hp would be a lot more fun than 110hp

its so light though. Sometimes less hp is more fun cause you have to work for it.

is it acceptable to fit a cold air intake to my corolla just for the intake noise?

woooooooooooosh

i was thinking more like a listerine gargling noise

cum gargling*

It's an Corolla, not my Prius...

Yea that's acceptable

Post parts for your car that you lucked out of finding. I love these bad boys.

I took a picture of it on the table
It's fucking nothing

original fogs for a 112, my model didnt have the switch for fogs tho so i gotta find out how to wire them to the headlight switch

2 steering wheels for my AE101, period correct, they were sold as a dealership options on Corollas and Celicas in the early 90s. I got it all for 40€ through a Toyota tech.

Recaro LX-Cs
I've been waiting a long time to get a pair. I'm p happy.

Please help me god. Toyota Mr2 Spyder, Misfire 1st cylinder, Bank 1 lean. Checked for vacuum leaks, nope. Replaced Plugs, and coil, nope. Ran some fuel injector cleaner, 3 tanks over time, no dice. I swear this thing is pissing me the hell off. Any ideas?

mmm

i had those in my old mk1 rabbit

same headrests and everything

Injector 1 is farthest from the fuel rail inlet right? maybe its a pressure problem

what is Veeky Forums's favorite oil? diesels need not apply

Mobil 1 full synthetic

>mobil 1 is $90+ for 5 litres in my area
kill me

I TOLD YOU TO MAKE SURE THOSE CHEAPO WHEELS WERE THE RIGHT WIDTH/OFFSET!!!!
I TRIED TO WARN YOU!

neato
what kind of part name do they have?

Thanks.
It's all there.

Does anyone on Veeky Forums even own Daihatsus?

anyone here own 6th gen GT?
what are your thoughts of it? how bad idea is it to get it as a 1st car ?

twitter.com/coolcars_kirei/status/897673679525388288

RIP

debating whether or not I want attempt to run these

over my s2000 wheels

Finding a mk1 manual transmission for the SC is proving difficult, so is there other manual transmissions I could use that would fit a mk1 mr2, and link up with a 4agze well enough?

are those STI wheels?

yep 05+ STI BBS wheels, they came in 5x114. the hub is super small so I'm having to run 5mm non hubcentric spacers to put them on. I got em for free so I thought why not. I really just wanna sell them but nobody has been biting