Build a Mopar of Peace

Sup Veeky Forums, /diy/ here. I found this old Duster in a barn I was demolishing for salvaged wood. I'm a big fan of the Roadkill episode where they mad max a challenger with a RV 440. I'd like to do the same thing and show people that Mopar are Cars of Peace.

If anyone can offer me some input or help that would be great. I am a wood butcher not a mechanic. But I will get a stick welder to start fabbing up a mesh grille etc.

You can see some of my wood butchery & crimes against lumber here. I do not tripfag though

Other urls found in this thread:

atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/rvs/d/1974-motor-home-pace-arrow/6249344065.html
asheville.craigslist.org/rvs/d/1976-southwind-28-tiny-home/6250058667.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I see you have the Australian version. Those are very simple to work on. Whats wrong with it.

Gas tank has a layer of lacquer and it has 2 bent rods. Despite this it still managed to hit 60mph although it backfired a bunch and vibrated

Parts are on order and I'm following a YouTube video on rebuilding slant six engines. New gas tank from rock auto.

Altho I still like the idea of a 440 stuffed into it

Be sure to clean out the fuel lines. Change the fuel filter. Im assuming it has a mechanical pump, if so, make sure thats flushed out too.

The idea is to make sure whatever junk the old tank was running through your fuel system is all flushed out.

As for the engine, it should be a straight forward process to rebuild it. The old American straight sixes are known for being damn near indestructible.

I dont know for sure, but ive heard restoring mopar stuff is very expensive. More expensive than your Fords and Chevys. So, finding a V8 may be very expensive.

atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/rvs/d/1974-motor-home-pace-arrow/6249344065.html

there's a 440 right there

i'm aware that the mounts and the transmission etc will cost as much or more than that, not to mention i'd want disc brakes up front at least

>Be sure to clean out the fuel lines. Change the fuel filter. Im assuming it has a mechanical pump, if so, make sure thats flushed out too.
>The idea is to make sure whatever junk the old tank was running through your fuel system is all flushed out.

Yeah everything from tank to engine is getting replaced due to lacquer

amazingly it still kinda runs

also i unironically like lifted classic cars with offroad tires so i'm considering this

See what you can get away with without cutting sheet metal, but by all means go for it if it's rusty anyway.

/6 are just as tough as straight 6, but the drink gas and make more torque. My suggestion is splice in an extra fuel filter or 2. Use heavier weight motor oil. Rockauto is a godsend. Helped me with my 66 dart.
Id check all the brakes, maybe just get a new booster to be safe.

Sweet looking dart man

Please don't friend dusters are only getting more rare and chopping one up is sad.

>Please don't friend dusters are only getting more rare and chopping one up is sad.

Maybe I should start two dueling gofundmes then, winner chooses what I do with her

It was a cool little ride at the time.

>a mopar of peace
>roadkill
nice lol

kek

Oh fuck I didn't even see how good that one you posted was, I thought it was the normal screenshot. Holy christ bwahahahaha

it's fantastic lol

The makers of Tiki Torches denounced the riots. When will Dodge apologize?!

>mfw if they publicly issue a non-apology I will go buy an RV for the 440 immediately afterwards

kek
what did you mean by "an RV for the 440 immediately afterwards" though?

So he has a cheap 440 to put into his MOPAR of peace.

I just learned there were 440s made for RVs

Well, Roadkill decided to issue a statement 4 minutes ago. Oh well, those guys always seemed like wimps, even though they made cool things. I mean their HIRED MECHANICS made cool things.

asheville.craigslist.org/rvs/d/1976-southwind-28-tiny-home/6250058667.html

You can find them for $800-2000 on craigslist, search 440 under the RV section for your area, might find something interesting