3k and under project car

Hey Veeky Forums i want a rwd for 3k (or less) that i can wrench on. Any suggestions?

Look for a stock IS300 or GS300. It might be pushing the 3k limit but they're right around there in price.

Location?

The us of a. The easier to learn to wrench on the better. I did look at the stickie but wanted to inquire further

The US is a big place.
You're gonna have to be more specific than that.

Third gen f body. Cheap as fuck, got mine for $1k. And if you've got one of these, you'll learn to work on it. The engine is really accessable so you can learn to do engine work too

>3k and under project
>USA
>easy to work on
80s-early 90s honda anything

NC

Without knowing what state you are in, I would suggest either a Panther or a pickup truck. My old C1500 was the easiest thing I've ever done work on and it's still going at over 253k miles.

Import one of these

Im leaning more towards a sportscar which yes i know makes it more difficult. But thanks for the suggestion, panthers are pretty cool

Sports cars will almost always be more difficult to work on.

Bigger engine bay = More accessible parts

V O L V O 2xx 9xx 7xx
O
L
V
O

The answer is clear op

240 is a great car, but I think OP wants something more powerful.

Power isnt always the answer, just look at

This or a Mustang.

Foxbody?

Kys

Thank

End your pathetic existence immediately

Did somebody say FOXBODY

>she deleted her post
Lmao you can't make this shit up

Not as "accessable" as a FOXBODY

I'd say Miata or Mustang. I've owned both. Fox bodies are starting to carry a boomer tax as well as having shitty frames so I'd go with a '94-04.

Miata is much better driving car and has less shit to go wrong, and the smaller parts mean less pain for you. Miata transmissions are tiny. Better interior quality too.

3rd gens are cool but they're old as fuck as this point and were never great quality.

Not as overpriced either

I'd say I'm doing pretty good seeing as the hoses aren't cleared out like that one

Hows the aftermarket on miats?

This guy knows his shit. I was going to post later model Foxbody or Miata as well.

OP if you're looking for a learner car there's nothing wrong with an MX-5. Despite what you may want, get an NB Miata. They're a ti y bit heavier and a little more powerful, but have a whole bunch of extra modern amenities that will make live easier on the interior. As for the engine and other parts, it's a Mazda engine so can you say parts bin?

I literally can't think of a more fun to drive car than the Miata honestly, though I subscribe to the RecularCarReviews school of though, which is slow car fast is always more fun than fast car fast.

Miata aftermarket is nothing short of phenomenal. It's been running for so long it's above Mustang, Civic, or Corvette levels of aftermarket support, and for a tenth of the price as well.

Seriously, think of a part you want for your Miata, then Google it and you'll find it in less than a minute.

Excellent. Less sheer volume of aftermarket trash available compared to the Mustang, but the Miata has a hardcore racing following and anything you could possibly want to upgrade the car is made by several different places.

I went from a '96 Miata to an '04 Mustang GT. The Mustang is easier to live with as a DD, but from a driving perspective I miss the Miata so much it hurts.