Freeway on ramps

wtf is with cunts doing 60-80km/h on freeway on ramps when the speed limit is 110km/h?
Do they not understand how fucking dangerous it is to be entering a freeway where traffic is moving at 110km/h while they are doing fucking 60km/h?
Then they look at me like im a hoon for getting around their dumb arses as fast as possible to avoid being rear ended...
The stupidest shit is most of them speed once they are actually on the freeway...

Do any of you do it?
Explain your fuckery.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jKQYRen_MIA
youtube.com/watch?v=dnpJpZcrWSc
youtu.be/sg22EtGx8rk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I feel your frustration. Happens to me on a daily basis.

Fair enough if the on ramp/merge lane is quite short and they're in a truck or severely under-powered car... otherwise there's no fucking excuse.

What's even more annoying is when they have some new turbo crossover or whatever. Those things are fucking quick, USE YOUR POWER GOD DAMNIT I HAVE NONE

Pisses me off more when someone is in the right lane, and there's no one else around, yet they refuse to move over for someone merging.

Sometimes, they get onto the freeway in front of me and force me to slow down as they slowly accelerate on the freeway.

They don't even know what a turbo is.

Whats even worse is you go to overtake them, they see you do this and pull back into the left lane like " oh shit sorry" so you have to go back into the right lane to overtake the fuckers.

They have the right of way, m8. It's not their job to move over; it's your job to not hit the only car on the road.

Pretty sure he is in Australia, it is a $152 fine.

>guy in front merging from a ramp going 40mph
>when he enters the rightmost freeway lane he doesn't notice or something, keeps going left into the second lane with no indicator or anything
>5 cars are forced to evasively maneuver around him or smashing the brakes to not hit him
>mfw

It's a courtesy to move over for merging vehicles if possible and most reasonable people do it but your one of those people that sits his ass there and watches as someone has to either gun it to get in front or jump on their brakes to get in behind aren't you?

i get your point, i have to say it makes sense under certain circumstances.
in germany for example, the law says that you always have to drive on the right lane unless you're overtaking. this is pretty important for the whole no speed limit thing on the autobahn.
at the same time, trucks are limited to a speed of 80-90km/h. that means, traffic on the right lane on the autobahn usually crawls along at 80. speeding up the ramp at more than 100km/h is just dangerous and you wouldn't save any relevant amount of time anyway.

OP here, I am in Australia.
down here freeways are all 110km/h and the on ramps are more than long enough to reach that speed before actually merging and our trucks are doing 110km/h and they aren't those little euro trucks, even a regular semi is still a fuckhuge bit of equipment and it aint stopping for little jimmy in his econobox pulling onto the freeway 50km/h under the speed limit.

pic related is your typical semi truck where i live. thing is hauling 28-32 tonnes not to mention the weight of the truck/trailer itself and then we have b doubles which are another 10+ tonnes just in cargo on top of that.

i see, it doesn't sound that reasonable. people seem to think that going slow is always safer.
man, it must really suck to get rear ended by such a truck.

Yeah they don't fuck around, even all on all the back roads around here the speed limit is 100km/h and trucks like that do 100km/h on them, vid related.
youtube.com/watch?v=jKQYRen_MIA

>dat roo bar
that's quite impressive. been to nz a few years ago, basically every week some family was wiped out by either a milk or a log truck and it made the local news.
they look much better than european trucks though, so at least you're going out in style.

Why don't you use your eyes and match speed with traffic on the motorway retard. Inside lane is for doing 90 at the slowest. Outside lane is only for people doing the speed limit or higher

Not exactly what i am talking about considering he came from an intersection but kinda outlines the point i am making
youtube.com/watch?v=dnpJpZcrWSc

That's the whole point of this thread, we're mad at people who don't get up to highway speed on onramps.

There are many places on highways where I live where it's not possible for any car to do. Trucks especially can't do it
>speed limit is 100km/h
>all traffic is speeding at least 20km/h over the limit in the right lane
>on ramps are so short that 95% of vehicles on the road can only hit 80km/h before the lane ends
>people in the left lane are speeding even faster than that so traffic can't move over to let them in or they'll cause a huge accident
>every vehicle has to use the shoulder to accelerate, accidents happen quite frequently
>retarded urban planners built the area around it so that the on ramp can never be extended without tearing down half the city

The driver's handbook for where I live says that it's a courtesy to move over to let people in but you're not required to, and 90% of the time speeders make it more unsafe than having merging traffic use the shoulder to accelerate.

I can understand when a car/truck simply can not go any faster but when someone is in a 6 litre v8 commodore pushing out over 250 kilowatts of power i expect them to be able to enter the highway at the correct speed yet 9 times out of 10 they don't fucking do it yet my 150kw ford falcon on gas that is gutless as fuck is having to slow down behind them because it is accelerating too fast?

just no, even when i was driving an isuzu d max turbo diesel i still encountered the same problem and it is amplified tenfold now that i am driving an ss commodore myself, you have to really try to do under the speed limit in a 200+kw v8 car...

Happens in the states, too. Most of the time the people doing it are old, women, or both. I have seen some dumb bitches literally fucking stop on the goddam on ramp and recently got caught behind some geriatric just barely doing 40mph in a Chrysler New Yorker. Its shit like this that makes me want to repeal tailgating laws.

>someone has to either gun it to get in front or jump on their brakes to get in behind
If "there's no one else around," you're an idiot for doing either. There is ONE other car on the road. There are a thousand feet of empty pavement free for your use. You do not also need the ~20' occupied by the guy with right of way, you entitled woman.

>Happens in the states, too.
I thought it ONLY happened in the states, where I suffer through three merging idiots bringing four lanes of traffic to a halt on a daily basis.

I mean, the UK supposedly tickets people for idiocy like loitering in passing lanes. The Germans are supposed to be well-mannered gentlemen race-car drivers. I imagine the typical Italian drives a billion-horsepower supercar down the donkey trails they call roads at eleventy miles per hour without scratching their mirrors.

I don't actually drive enough in other countries to know better, so it's heartening to hear that they have idiots, too.

>on autobahn at night
>two lanes, no restriction
>200km/h (~120mph)
>truck in right lane, car behind it
>car suddenly overtakes at 100km/h
>pants and brakes ruined

theres plenty of morons on german streets, don't worry

I love when ignorant burgers think the US is the only country with non-perfect driver's lol. Aren't highway deaths on German highways actually slightly higher per capita than some of the neweby countries like the U.K.?

*nearby

been in a taxi in Rome, can confirm. Italians drive like precision madmen.

>wtf is with cunts doing 60-80km/h on freeway on ramps when the speed limit is 110km/h?
>>speed limit

did it ever occur to you that not all cars can accelerate from 60 to 110 on a (short) onramp?

There's an off ramp I drive on every day where the "acceleration lane" is 20 feet. In times of heavy traffic we're forced to come to a complete stop.
I hate that fucking ramp.

The shittiest of shitboxes can pull off a feat like that. It's called pushing down on that long skinny pedal on the right. You know they're downhill for a reason right? Maybe you shouldn't be on the road with a car that slow. ...And Europeans wonder why we don't drive 70hp cars in America....

>You know they're downhill for a reason right?
No they are not?

don't know about you but most of the onramps in my part of the world are uphill and i know a couple friends with late 90s cars that cant go faster than 80km/h up them, even redlining

Yes they are
-civil engineering 2nd year

well, not where I live
-driving cars for 10 years

What fucking shithole do you people live in?

one where highways came after the city so theyre raised and on ramps go up to them

Consider the fact that not every car can really go fast.

Sure if you have 100+ HP per ton and a manual you can do that no problem. Most people drive gas-sippers or automatics that don't transfer power very efficiently. Going up a highway ramp in a car that's under-powered with a transmission that's too busy gear hunting to actually put any goddamn power down usually means you still have to accelerate to match traffic after you hit the highway.

It's sketchy and I normally don't see it as much with modern cars but I see a lot of old shitboxes struggling on highway merges. Especially when they have to pull uphill while accelerating. I've been there too, driven a lot of old clapped out barges in my time.

In my country onramps have a 60km/h limit

That i not the problem, the problem is people who have cars that are more than capable of doing the speed limit but thye just will not do it because they think merging at 60kmh is safer for some retarded reason, if i had to slow down for these people in my 3l td isuzu d max there is not much chance of them knowing how ti drive...

Not only do I have to deal with this all the time where I live, but the widest roads are two lanes in each direction, and there are no laws against cruising in the passing lane so tons of people do that too. At least there's no vehicle inspection I guess.

I feel your pain Bro. Driving a Maloo in Perth is suffering. The freeways are chok full of these slow fucktards that back traffic up constantly because they try to merge at like 80km/h. Wut series is your common whore?

Fuckin beaut T950 m8

Expecting a cop to pull anyone over that isn't exceeding the speed limit. Cops don't give a shit about anyone driving dangerously, as long as they aren't speeding.

Iktfb

I always accelerate slowly, because my car is old and underpowered, and I just want to take it easy. There is always some road warrior BMW or Audi behind me who will angrily overtake me at full acceleration and then sit in front of me once I reached travelling speed.

highways are 120kmh limit here

when i drive my micra i always floor it but im only doing around 90kmh when merging, im so sorry it just wont fucking go faster

on my bike i usually merge at speed of 150 to 160 because its so much easier for me

They're afraid the ramp is too short to merge if they're going too fast. Thank god for enough power to just drop the hammer and zip through the first best gap.

>ride bike
>basically forced to filter to the front of on ramps so i can enter traffic safely
>why risk dying when you can skip the issue entirely?
>waiting for the light to go
>truckfag pipes up
>HURR WHY DONT U WAIT IN LINE LIKE IM FORCED TO
>IT AINT FAIR
>"Your air conditioning aint fair"
>60mph in 2.3 seconds
>merge perfectly
>politely make my way to the passing lane to pass everybody at a comfy 75mph
>truck faggot has to be going 90 and weaving through traffic like a madman
>catches up to be and starts trying to fuck with me

I think I did a good thing that day. He must have floored it on the on ramp so whoever was stuck behind him actually got to merge normally.

>uphill on ramp followed by a corner
>tfw merging at 25mph stuck behind a boomer who's scared of his corvette

There's an on ramp like that near me, except it's a semi circle instead. I feel your pain.

>Americans are this bad a building roads

People get pulled over for not having their p plates up, cops love to fine people.

This is what you look like

youtu.be/sg22EtGx8rk

>live in california
>brake for on ramps because highway traffic is like 20-30mph

I appreciate you guys' understanding