I have wanted one of these ever since my childhood, should i buy one or will i be dissapointed ?

I have wanted one of these ever since my childhood, should i buy one or will i be dissapointed ?

they're okay

If you owned anything post 2008, you will be disappointed

get st205 gt4
its the bomb

The base Celica isn't very good. However, if you get a GT-Four/AllTrac variant, it will live up to the dreams of your youth.

THIS

is that you Choroy?

If you have high expectations, get an ST185 or ST205. Otherwise you will probably be disappointed. The lower trim models are still great cars, but they cannot perform like the All-Trac variants.

also thinking about one actually. Buuuut, i'm what amounts to a clueless blonde. Do these needs lots of work to keep going?

They're bretty gud. If you want an alternative get an MR2. they are fun as fuck.

How the kek this tiny lights should work? You have to pull ugly china xeon into it to reach normal level of brightness.

I like mine but mine has a 3SGE. Think they came with weaker engines in the US if thats where you are.

please help?

>should i buy one or will i be dissapointed ?

Just keep in mind that it's a sporty FWD coupe from the '90s based on '80s auto technology. Yes, you'll probably be disappointed compared to more modern cars. However, lined up next to it's competition at the time and you'll find very few FWD coupe that are as much fun.

Yeah, there's All-Trac/GT-Four, but chances are you'll never find a clean one that isn't ricer taxed.

Well i daily drive thing in the pic and i don't think it has too many problems for a 27 year old car.
Just know that it is a quite old car...

>Such a newfag he doesn't know about pop ups.

Leave and never return.

unfortunately during the FATF craze of the early-2000s, the ST180 was a choice victim for "modding" and unnecessarily rough mileage due to badly enthused driving. They can be pretty reliable if they haven't been messed around with or thrashed by some negligent Gen-Xer or millennials. Maintenance is pretty basic and shouldn't be demanding if you keep up with it.

However if you want to learn to wrench, buying a crappy one for a few hundred and getting it running is a good learning experience.

is it an ok choice for someone who can't really wrench? i mean i can top up fluids and change really basic things, like tires and lights and so on. My old car was a volvo so it never actually went wrong anywhere

And i can only really afford an early 90s one with the ~115hp engine, is that an OK choice or is it horrible?

I mean it's a nice looking car but the base engine is complete trash at least get the 2.2l. As for reliability it shares allot of parts with the Camry or Corolla don't remember which so you'll be okay. They're very easy to wrench on so you'll have to learn yourself with a Phillips screwdriver and a 10mm wrench

is the 1.8 that bad? My budget is quite limited and out of the 12 celicas for sale within reasonable distance from me, none of them have the 2.2

I wouldn't buy one unless it was an ST185

Gen 1 and 2 3SGTE are pigs. Expect a swap to get anything good out of it.

yes my dear parrot

I mean it's not bad but it's severely underpowered and is meant for fuel economy. It's a 25+year old car so expect to feel every bump on the road and get used to all the interior rattles

well, i sorta need it for commuting...

Thank you, i think i'll look for some qt celicas