Manual transmissions

>parents hate cars
>can't buy a shit box to have fun with when im younger
>Get degree
>get job
>save money

Lived with a automatic all my life and ill finally be getting my shit box, Porsche 944 turbo I've never driven a manual in my life and this car is a manual. surely it can be that hard to drive watching a couple you tube vids how hard can it be to press a pedal and move a stick? have any tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_qmQbGNuzug?t=1840
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>to dumb to buy a 500 dollar beater to learn on
makes sense to post a frog

is it really that hard to learn a stick?

>Porsche 944
Aren't those notorious money pits?

Not really, but you don't exactly want to wear the clutch on your 944. It will be a bitch to replace, or it will cost you a lot to have someone else to replace it.

Buy a $500 '92 Ranger and learn on it. That's what I did.

it'll take a couple hours to get the hang of it, before that, how do you expect to drive the car back home safely or onto a parking lot at least?

don't tell me you're going to buy a car without test driving it?

>tfw learned on a 300$ s10 blazer with a dead battery the same day i bought it

you learn real quick how to handle the clutch when every stall means you have to re jump the fucker

Yes and its going to be MY money pit and i love it
hoping for some tips on how not to wear the clutch prob going to buy a shit box car first
got it for a good price and its being shipped from a different state so yeah..

Well you already fucked up. You wanted a running car to practice on right? A 944 Turbo generally is not found in running state.

You shouldn't buy a Porsche as your first. Get a Civic or some shit.

Beat on it and learn how to do self repairs.

bring the revs up to about 1.5k then slowly release the clutch and be amaze when the car moves forward

just dont hold the clutch forever or you will burn it up.

or rev it past 2.5k while starting out

How do you learn self repairs? Youtube? Different guy but I want to learn as well, I don't even know how to change oil.

where did you buy your practice shit box?
Craigslist will do that to you.
its what I've always wanted though D:
Youtube, Pic related, google, and despite my dad not really being into cars he was cheep enough to learn how to fixed them and maintain them

You only need to put it off for like 2-4 months user. Learn before you regret it.

I've used manuals, forums and youtube for just about everything I've needed to learn.

Learning how to work on your car doesn't make you special, or part of the club. Just makes you self sufficient.

didn't plan on jumping in it and breaking it or some shit, its going to sit for a little while until im confident to drive manuals
how do you recommend to learn or where to get my manual shit box?

Pay close attention when you let off the gas in second. If you feel clunking in the trans. Your clutch is fucked. Get ready to spend 1800 to repair it, or 3000 to have a shop do it.

What you're feeling is basically a limp mode to get you home.

So I found a visual for you. youtu.be/_qmQbGNuzug?t=1840

That's fucking brutal and this is exactly what im trying to avoid
Any tips on where to get a shit box manual so i can avoid this or do it to scarp heap instead of my 944?

What I'm getting at is it's not avoidable. If it's still the original clutch, pass on it or negotiate to split the cost. If the clutch was ever done, then you should be good.

Craigslist isn't bad place. Just buy a cheap beater.

You can set it to search for the transmission type you want.

Oh, yeah I was taking you wrong. The timing belt was replace clutch was redone and engine was rebuilt at 70,000 simply because the last owner had shit Ton of money, now still under 100,000 miles and it's mine. I just want to keep it nice for a very long time