>dual clutch transmission
>elite VAQ lsd to make up for fwd
>sporty suspension setup
>hatch, rear seats fold down
>safe
>220hp, 258torque
>download a file from the internet and all of a sudden it's 315hp and 380torque
>European, not generic jap trash
>made by a company that attempted to defraud the most powerful country to ever exist
>only $25k

Am I missing something? How is this not one of the best cars on the market?

Other urls found in this thread:

golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91914
golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13101
forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5978477-Blown-engine
forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4815543-Blown-motor-in-09-GTI
google.ca/search?q=2.0 tsi blown engine site:forums.vwvortex.com&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiEqor_hdbVAhUBaSYKHUNRCLcQrQIIMygEMAA&biw=1920&bih=950
youtube.com/watch?v=6_5yvq0asY8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

branding

>most powerful country to have ever existed
Learn your history son.

>the most powerful country to ever exist
>can't beat nips hiding in rice patties
>can't beat sandnigger hiding in dirt holes

Seems like you found the issue
>fwd

Also VW is the epitome of I want something kinda nicer than other econoboxes but not actually great

>ugly
>fwd
>slow unless you tune an already strung out engine compromising reliability
>the only people I know who drive a gti are cunts
>25k could get you a real car that wont lose half its value in 3 years
>No driving feel at all. Feels like a turbocharged shitbox commuter that has nothing going for it but some mid range torque and falls on its face after 80 mph

you trigger murricunts

>2017
>not driving FWD

Oh it's so cute when lesser world citizens try to chime in.

It's not that we couldn't. It's that we didn't use every tool in the tool box. Proxy wars with communist powers are funny that way.

>muh fwd

that's your issue.

>25k could get you a real car

Such as... some used piece of shit "sports car" off craigslist that the previous owner cummed in the carpets of?

So Americunts doing what they do best. Being lazy and half-arsed

Wtf do you drive? Fucking turd, you sound like a jealous little cock knot

>download a file for nearly 100hp gain
Are ECU reprograms the K&N filter of the 21st century?
When I was young people would list off a bunch of faggy
+XHP shit for their car and claim to have 100 horsepower over stock, and then I'd laugh when they got beat by stock 5L rustangs and shit.

No because ECU retunes actually do something on a boosted car. Increasing boost does in fact increase power. I don't know if you can really get that much of a gain as OP says without any additional bolt ons though. That just doesn't make any sense.

I have a MkV GTI and with a downpipe, intake, and tune I have 70 more hp than stock and 113 more lb/ft of torque
Thats from a tuner called APR which is known for having tunes that don't compromise the reliability of the car and if you take a MkVII GTI like the one OP posted to stage 2 then you make 104 more hp and 176 more lb/ft of torque for a total of 336 hp and 404 lb/ft
the tuner meme is not a meme

Lol, inb4 some faggot goes off on a rant about "highstrung engine" Have yet to see a GTI engine fail. Turbo's have been blown, but the engines are bullet proof

Looks like a little bunny turd. Might as well go subaru for ride and looks or toyota for looks. Theres nothing wrong with fwd especially for snow without concrete or 2x4s in your trunk. Bmw having a stroke because it released a fwd. Now. All this time later. Are rotary engines really all thag terrible? Parts are too pricey and what defrauding were you speaking of?
>defrauding
>good

Sciroccos were fun to play in vidya though lol. Ford GTs as well but real life ones would break in two seconds on their own im sure

>gti engine failure
>About 499,000 results (0.93 seconds)

ehhh. It's not going to last long when you're pushing wrc levels of power from a tiny engine. That's just science.

>hatchback

so 499,000 results were all from tuned GTIs? cmon they haven't even made that many MkVIIs yet

My MkV has been reliable from day one with zero issues and I know people with MkVIIs that are also just as reliable

Because the C30 is a better choice.

Most of them considering most are results from VW tuning forums.

>cmon they haven't even made that many MkVIIs yet

And yet all those failures, That's not good bud.

>well Myyyyyy X is reliable so that doesn't mean issues exist for others

I'm sure it's fine stock but don't act like it's going to stay that way when you double the stock power. Even for a mighty V8 that's pushing it.

Yes yes... Because Google results are usually so accurate and always 100% relevant to what your original search was. Show me a blown up GTI engine from stage 1 or stage 2 tunes.

Blown turbos are a common thing on all turbo charged vehicles.. But a blown up engine? APR has TRIED to blow up their 2.0 TSI.. They havent managed it yet.

>dual clutch
Haram

>Show me a blown up GTI engine from stage 1 or stage 2 tunes.

golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91914

golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13101

VW fanboys are horrific to deal with so I'm not even going to try.

Lol these links are garbage
the first is from a MkVI which had a timing chain break, a well known issue with those engines, tuned or untuned
the second happened in fucking Kuwait wheres theres only one dealership and I'm sure the excessive heat and shitty service there didn't affect it at all

Find a link of an american or european GTI blowing its engine due specifically to a tune and Ill pat you on the back

We're talking about the MK7 gti. First one is the 1.8 tsi.. Second one even says it wasnt the tune.. Maybe you should try reading it just a little bit before you post.

Try again scrub.. Those threads arent relevant at all to the 2.0 TSI.

forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5978477-Blown-engine

forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4815543-Blown-motor-in-09-GTI

google.ca/search?q=2.0 tsi blown engine site:forums.vwvortex.com&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiEqor_hdbVAhUBaSYKHUNRCLcQrQIIMygEMAA&biw=1920&bih=950

Probably not good enough for you plaid loving faggots right?

You're right lol. Literally NO 2.0 TSI's in any of the links. Not even in the google search.. You really are something special lol.

First link the car wasn't even tuned and was a MkV and was consuming a ton of oil when he bought it so it seems like the previous owner didn't treat it right

Second is again a MkV not a MkVII and stock with no tune. I don't know why it blew up but everyone regards it as a freak accident in the forum which just goes to show you that most GTIs last way longer than that

that third link is just your google search that returned no proof that the MkVII GTIs blow up on a tune, did a GTI driver fuck your gf raw or something?

The first link:

>2.0T FSI, TSI, and TFSI (EA113) Engine Forum
>I have a 2008 GTI with the BPY FSI motor.

Lay off the vape juice....

You are incredibly butthurt for no reason. I actually laughed when I clicked the last link, NO mention of a blown 2.0 even in a google search LOL.

The guy literally says its a FSI you idiot
The car OP posted has an entirely different engine why are you so stupid?

Holy shit. Read your post, it was posted in a 2.0 forum, thats about it when it comes to being relative at all. Its a 2008 gti that DOESNT have a 2.0 tsi in it.

I'm not butthurt at all. You guys are literally the ones sperging. I've had lots of family and friends go down the VW road of misery so I know what you guys are dealing with.

WRC cars basically have some 600 hp. Their restrictors bring it down to 300.

no one said you were butthurt, you're actually retarded aren't you?
No one I know has ever had their VW engine blow tho and I know a ton of guys with tuned VWs so I guess our anecdotal evidence cancels each others out

Lol, what a lame finish. You tried so hard. Better luck next time kid.

Run out of links? I even tried to help you, I clicked through the google search, got to the third page and didnt see anything

I absolutely adore my gti.. Coming up on 40k, no problems. Not looking forward to the DSG fluid change though, shits gonna be expensive.. Paying for a stupid ass speeding ticket as well..

I posted plenty. But VW fangirls are blind to any issues obviously. They're worse than applefags. you'll never win the battle.

Do you understand what a proxy war implies?

K, kid. Probably time to shut down dads PC and climb into your race car bed.

What a shit storm this thread has become... GTI is still noice though

DELET DIS

Nothing gets Veeky Forums sperging like a good ole VW GTI thread... Lol.

MkV masterrace

ITT: VAG HATING SHITS

It is, but this board shits on it. They have their issues I'll admit that, but they've been doing DCTs and tarbos for a while now... They're pretty solid

MkV had a much less refined solid engine, even then it wasn't as terrible as you make it out. This board sucks for anything VW related. Vortex may be a forum but it's aight

>Misery caused in no small part because your family can't into preventative or even routine maintenance

Yeah okay cool blog post

>hiding underground in the country side
>winning

fake news

Wow there's been some stupid shit said in this thread.
Not a single person has mentioned the cam follower issues that plague tsi and fsi engines. And oil pump balance shaft modules like to lock up and shred teeth on your oil pump gears. Hurr durr vee dubya makes bullet proof engines.
I have an 07 GLI in my yard this second, broken down.
It was insanely fun to drive, you can net 270whp just by getting a tune, and the stock fueling system is good to like 500hp thanks to direct injection.
But they're time bombs unless you do a balance shaft delete and check/replace your cam follower every 15k miles. Which is just ridiculous.
/thread.

Cam followers are a 30 min job at most

choke on a muslim dick

The Golf R, it is everything GTI has + 4WD

youtube.com/watch?v=6_5yvq0asY8

>4WD
Haldex """"""""AWD""""""""

The 4WD system plants the car onto the pavement like a truck.

It's not Subaru-tier AWD but it solves the FWD torque-steer issue in high speed cornering and acceleration.

Volkswagen "engineering."

So good ford eventually copied it with the RS.

except Ford didn't use a Haldex system

Why bother only occasionally blocking out the reg: L800 DJG?

No they used the GKN copy, it can't send as much power to the rear wheels as the Haldex system can.

The GKN system is limited to 70% to the rear wheels, the current generation of haldex will do 100% to the rear.

because you have to be a manlet to drive one

Because it's soulless German trash

>attempted to defraud
And failed!

There literally isn't any good reason for people to hate on this car. They only hate it because it's not a special snowflake car that will make them look like a special snowflake.

>Implying this single car isn't better in every way.
Infinitely more fun and less poofy 2...

the cam follower is easy as fuck to handle. Check it every oil change which for me takes 20 extra minutes and you'll know if you need to replace it or not. Its just a wear item in these engines and the newest GTI does not have that issue at all, only the MkVs do so only 06-09 models

>cam follower disintegrates

Dam that looks really good in red. Is it yours?

Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby

>Haldex 5 center differential
>the latest faster-acting iteration of the Haldex four-wheel-drive system is a vast improvement, transferring up to 100 percent of torque to the rear exactly when you need it. The engineers from R GmbH say it's the key enabler when it comes to the R's newfound agility.

It sounds good to me.

see

>European, not generic jap trash
>>Not european generic trash

>Make up for fwd
>possible

pick one

>>dual clutch transmission
Less engagement than a manual, practically as fast as a TC automatic while having worse NVH values.
>>elite VAQ lsd to make up for fwd
Lipstick on a pig.
>>sporty suspension setup
Which means it's overly punishing to DD, sacrificing actual grip at the expense of feeling sporty.
>>hatch, rear seats fold down
Wagons do this better.
>>safe
Lacking pass. knee airbag, lacking hip airbags,, poor rear airbags. Certainly not a leader in the segment.
hp, 258torque
Underwhelming compared to the competition.
>>download a file from the internet and all of a sudden it's 315hp and 380torque
Most tuners I find are only offering 300hp/315 ftlbs, too, so you're exaggerating. Also, that DCT is alot more likely to fail at those power levels, which means you're out of luck when it does and your warranty is void.
>>European, not generic jap trash
Generic European shitbox. Literally one of the most sold models, of on of the most sold brands.
>>only $25k
Which is a great price to pay if you desperately want to look like an asshat.

This only means the computer will cuck you out of RWD bias once the center diff heats up too much.

The downside of a transverse, FWD-based AWD system is that it has a lot of mass over the front end, effectively supporting understeer, and more mass means there's more traction there, automatically resulting in a FWD-bias, which further adds understeer. Audi for example has nice longitudinal systems, but they fuck it up by retarded engine placement, which makes the computer bias towards it FWD and understeer.

>>commenting on a car I've never driven

wew

oh really...

Subaru uses the same drivetrain layout as Audi, genius. They just use boxer engines to reduce how far the weight of the engine sticks out ahead of the axle.

Subaru does the same thing as Audi though: make a great longitudinal AWD system, and then fuck it up by putting the engine in front of the front axle. Guess what happens when you increase polar momentum like that? Understeer.

Also doesn't help that they're using retardedly wide (boxer) engines that require sub-par front suspension (struts instead of double wishbones) to fit. Effectively, they're downgrading the front suspension to get their USP to fit, which makes for even more terminal understeer. Then comes their second USP: 50/50 AWD split, and that supposedly makes for neutral handling. Well, it does, if your base chassis is neutral. In the case of a front heavy, poorly mass-centralised Subaru, it makes the problem even worse.

This. Imagine is Subaru were to use inline fours, now that would make for some awkward handling. Then again, Audi managed to get away with their I5.

Because it handles like a pile of shit. Not that a burger would know what that means, considering every single road in the entire USA is straight as an arrow.

see

Last time I've driven a current gen GTI was literally today. Friend of mine has 9 Golfs, all gens GTIs, an old AWD diesel daily and as of recently another Golf as a company car.

A likely story..

Post your GTI's Veeky Forums

He's a 41 year old virgin and probably an autist. I don't give a singular fuck if you believe someone would collect Golfs or not.

2008 GTIs ALL had a TSI in them, there were no 2008 NA engines you fucking mongoloid

1.8 tsi's

Ranger is mine, gti is friend's with blown transmission

why does this only happen in america

hecho en mexico