What's stopping you from driving a Porsche 911?

What's stopping you from driving a Porsche 911?

Other urls found in this thread:

porsche.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=zTvEw-Mbzv4
stanceworks.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not owning one

Even if i had the money I could never spend that much on a 6 cylinder that sounds that bad.

shitty turd world cunt

i don't want one

and quite frankly they're for idiots who are just learning how to have money, i'd spend it on something more interesting and f u n instead.

I dunno, never really wanted one that bad desu.

my wallet

Nothing, but why would I want to?

What type of public transport do you have to take to think a 911 isn't fun

I can't afford.

>And quite frankly they're for idiots who are just learning how to have money.

That is a strong generalization. I'd say that statement would be true if you were talking about Lamborghini.

I'm also assuming you probably can't afford one. So if you had that type of money what car would you get? Mr. "I'm better than people with New Money"?

>i'd spend it on something more interesting and f u n instead.

You've probably never driven one. Especially on a track so again your statement is invalid.

dude probably drove one in Forza Horizon and was like "yeah I don't like Porsches"

997.2's are still a bit too expensive for me

Lol wtf

why would people buying it care for your opinion

no money

My bank account

GT-R is better

Lack of money

cost too much
they don't even come up for sale much

They're not at all popular here so the used market is very competitive and thus overpriced.

I'm sure they're great, but there's better out there for less, so literally why?

porce

If I manage to get my life together there's a good chance I'm buying a 996.

Liking the 944 much more

too expensive, have a cayman instead

Because Porsche means Poser in German

That's funny, because I drove one in Forza Horizon and now I love Porsches, but mostly the Salamander bodies

Can you still get one with a manual? Last I checked they were all switching them over to DCTs, which means you're either spastically flipping paddles or just letting the computer shift for you.

I think I'd want some training and track time first, that snap oversteer. They're not exactly the safest cars to drive if you don't know what you're doing...

Being a poor fucking nigger

How reliable are 997's? I'll be making 70k annual soon, could I daily a 911?

For a sports car, very reliable. Especially the facelift models, since they have a completely new engine that doesn't have a failure-prone IMS bearing anymore.

It's not a Mopar.

Corvairs are better

lol that's Audi and lower BMWs/Mercs, not Porsche

How much would a used late model 911 depreciate? I've been thinking about buying one because recently I've been making good money but I don't want to throw a ton of money away by buying something expensive that's going to depreciate like hell.

The autistic niggers & boomers who price them at literally 3 times over their actual value

Poverty and student loans (yes. I'm a dipshit should have done a trade)

anything more than a fully loaded mirage is new money

>Can you still get one with a manual?
Yes, look on porsche.com/

>DCT's

you mean PDK

>which means you're either spastically flipping paddles.

They have refined it.

youtube.com/watch?v=zTvEw-Mbzv4

>I think I'd want some training and track time first, that snap oversteer. They're not exactly the safest cars to drive if you don't know what you're doing...

Unless you are driving a turbo 911 from the 80s/90s you don't need to worry about snap oversteer. Newer Porsche have all the nannies so you don't kill yourself.

shut up poorfaggot

Agreed. Based Gemballa.
RIP

forgot pic

Was the 964 peak Porsche aesthetics?

Not interesting for me. I don't like German cars.

Yes

>Newer Porsche have all the nannies so you don't kill yourself.
Even without electronics, the geometry and anti-roll-bar set up discourages snap oversteer these days

I know they're awesome cars but I've never liked how they look, basically they look like a slipper

Also too expensive for me at the moment

>classic porsche ruined by stancecuckolds
ugh

What about the 2.7 Carrera RS?

Even if I had the money a single one would cost about as much as five different cars I'd rather own and maintain and insure for the same money.

hnnngggg is that a T5?

>Magnus Walker
>stance

>thinking stanceworks has anything to do with "stance culture"

woo you are late to this train.

OY MATE ITS ME MEGNUS!

>denying stanceworks has anything to do with "stance culture"
literally first result for "stanceworks" on google images

t. a pleb who work for a living

Their sports cars are their most reliable models and Porsche as a manufacturer is near Lexis in terms of reliability
Not surprising since Toyota helped overhaul Porsche's manufacturing process in the 90s, it's how they could offer the Boxster for half the price of the 911 and still make money

stanceworks.com/

uh huh yeah

>Turtlewax
Dear Lord

Still too expensive. Thought about it around a year ago. The only one in my price range is the 996 and I'm not the biggest fan of those. Once the 997/991 come down in price I'll reconsider.

Pic mostly unrelated but it is my dreamboat

997 is just a 996

997.1 is pretty much a nicer 996, 997.2 has a completely new engine and is the first to get the PDK.

Too hard to find a 997.2 s manual coupe at the moment.

>base model Carrera/Carrera S/C4S optioned out to cost as much as a GT3

LITERALLY FUCKING WHY

WHY DO THEY DO THIS?

This is on par with a V6 Mustang costing as much as a GT350. What possesses a buyer to do this? Is the Porsche options catalogue THAT enticing?

go build your own and see how much it comes out to

applies to literally any german car though.

you can spec out a fucking 3 series to cost more than a base m3

The GT3 is a stripped out road legal track toy. The Carreras are daily drivable sports cars

but I do

I dont see a Porsche in that picture.

Because I'm just an average joe who barely clears $35k a year.

Entry level shit. True patricians are into Love Live

OH MAN, Sexy af Longnose Master Race.

The "2.7" stands for "Millions of Dollars".

Love Live is legit 3DCG dogshit, the show isn't even about idols, it's about le school drama FUCK OFF

I see nothing but beetles in this thread

You're talking rubbish again Jeremy

I drive over a hundred miles a day, and the cost to maintain a Porsche would cost more than I make.

>the engine is in the wrong place

Hanging out past the rear axel is pretty much the only unacceptable place to put it.

Does anyone here actually drive a Porsche? Pics mine.

Lol, all PDK means when translated in English is "Porsche Dual Clutch". It's a Dual Clutch Transmission. A DCT.

Meh, it's a turd. I'll probably turn it into a track car and get an S63 or something

Enough of your convincing us to kill ourselves like Paul Walker to ban all Porsche 911s because they're too dangerous.

Should I get a 911 Carrera or a Cayman R?

Air cooled ones are retardedly expensive

Cayman R

Are you fucking retarded? Are you chugging paint again?

Cayman R.

Jesus.

I dont literally love sucking mens penises every day

is pretty good car. just prepare for repair costs. yearly maintanance is only marginally more expensive than regular sport cars. tire bill is expensive. parts are expensive but plentiful still, there were many 996 made and more none oem options than the classics. plus they outperform any previous generation 911. can be had for 10-15k.

its because you have your cuck goggles on.

rear end grip is a real thing

I work at a grocery store

I know I'll cop flak for this but I honestly don't like how they look. I understand that they are great cars, and they are fantastic value for money. But I just don't really like them. I could afford one but I probably wouldn't spend that much at the moment so I suppose price is an issue too.

same here. I don't hate on them, understand the heritage but don't think any of them is good looking.

I can't believe I convinced you to buy this and it didn't blow up in your face

So is 50/50 weight distribution.

No open wheeled race car or hypercar is 50/50. It's a meme used to sell cars and is not ideal for performance.

>50/50
not the better 40/60

meant

Nothing. Saving money for a cts-v cos I just don't wanna spend it on a 2 seaters. I also like the sound of v8s and Porsche never had a nice sound Imo. Kinda like the new GTR. It's probably a nice car but I have a lot of cars I'd buy at that price before I'd want a Porsche

Literally my dream car. Someday maybe I'll be able to afford it...

Are they made in Germany still or did they do like BMW and start making them in Mexico?