Why is the american auto industry not dead yet?

why is the american auto industry not dead yet?
who keeps buying this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

ford-trucks.com/articles/arizona-f-150-million-miles-truck/
mechlloyd.com/index.php/news-and-events/41-ford-f150-chalks-1000000-miles
autoblog.com/2010/10/26/man-hits-1m-miles-in-ford-f-250-in-four-years/
youtube.com/watch?v=BUl6PooveJE
nbcmiami.com/news/weird/Pickup-Reaches-Million-Mile-Mark-in-Four-Years.html
youtube.com/watch?v=yjRgiAOHm-E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

People

Euro cars are flimsy tasteless garbage; USA and JP cars aren't

JP cars aren't

That's impossible, because all JP cars are literally copies of EU and US cars.

>why is the american auto industry not dead yet?

Bailouts

>implying ford would exist without it's gubmint fleet contracts

They make trucks.

/thread

but not the best

>Buying a jap truck
Not 'git er dun' enough

>POS jap truck
kek

F150 is the best selling vehicle in America for a reason. No one with money wants jap shit. Just idiots who buy awful little ecoboxes

Guys do we really need to have this same fucking argument over and over? appreciate all good trucks.

Like the highly underrated Honda Ridgeline

>F150 is the best selling vehicle in America for a reason
below cost fleet discounts

Oh, you mean the people who rely on trucks every single day to do work or they lose massive amounts of money use F150's??

And you think that helps your argument AGAINST them?? Silly boy!!

>F150 is the best selling vehicle in America for a reason.

Because they need to be replaced every 4 years and their fanbase is stupid enough to keep buying them. Just like a certain massive electronics company.

I think they are great trucks but the demographic trucks are for would think otherwise

Im gonna go ahead and throw my hat in the ring. with my own truck

Toyota trucks make the most sense to buy new solely because the toyota used meme tax.

>FWD truck

Yeah pretty much, I'd never want to daily an American car but if I needed a truck I'd definitely get a ford or ram

Kek nice b8

Me

I bought the car i wanted instead of a compromise to save a few bucks.

national pride
buy american rules for certain local/state/federal municipalities

the fact that you can option pretty much anything in an american car without having to take dozens of features in packages like japanese cars
the fact that maintenance costs are generally far lower in american cars vs. european makes

Me

t. not american

Chevy survives off of Corvette, Suburban, Tahoe and pickup sales. Their sedans aren't bad either desu but their interiors are underwhelming. Anything GM with a V8 or the 3.6 V6 is pretty solid. Buicks are fucking great for what they are. I think they're the most underrated brand in the US right now. I think they'd do well to put the Avista and Avenir concepts into production. People (especially Chinese people) would buy them in droves and their already on pre-existing platforms.

Ford does well because ever single product they sell is competitive within their segment while also typically being the cheapest offering while offering performance near the top of the segment. Their only issues is detonated turbos and rough transmission shifting. Ford is legitimately a good brand. Anti-Ford hatred is basically undeserved. Lincoln is underwhelming BUT their interiors are god tier, given their pricing and given that they're planning on going largely rear wheel drive and building sedans off the Mustang platform, they're bound to get better. Ford and Lincoln do very well in China, giving them a lot of money for R&D.

Dodge/Ram/Jeep/Chrysler survives because
1. Hellcats an Cheap performance V8s
2. Affordable pickups with excellent diesels and top tier interiors
3. Glorious off road capability and brand identity
4. Black people

People who aren't brain dead unlike you

I'm certain that Chrysler survives off of rental vehicles alone

Well fwd is objectavley superiar for everything, so what's is the problem?

>why is the american auto industry not dead yet?

Literally because the Japs taught them how to build cars.

>People (especially Chinese people) would buy them in droves

really, where?
I live in Vancouver and have never seen a Chinese person driving American. Chinese here only drive Mercedes, BMW, and Japanese SUVs

I'm European and I'm going to buy a new 2018 Stang. Try stopping me, cuckboi.

Sorry Hamster, the shire aint part of Europe anymore because Brexit

>for a reason
Because they're cheap trash so companies buy them for fleet trucks since they're cheaply replaced. We have 7 2015-2017 F150s at work and they are some of the biggest piles of junk I have ever had the displeasure of driving. If it wasn't for fleet sales Ford trucks would go under and they know it

The F550 I drive at work has been alright reliability wise, considering its beat on dirt/gravel lease roads and idles literally 15 hours a day.

gas v10 though, holy mother of gutless.

In China...

at my old job I drove a last gen F450 box truck with a v10 and it was ok for its application but at my new job we replace our tucks(fords) every 2-3 years because it becomes cost prohibitive to maintain them where as we still have two old 80s chevys still going. One is a crane truck and the other is used to pull big diesel pumps and generators.

Yes, it does. Ford cuts prices for fleets so low that they actually lose money, just so that they can say they outsell their competitors. If pricing was comparable to competitors, nobody would look twice at Ford.

At least FCA and GM paid their bailout money back already.

>their only issues is (major surgery to repair)
Ford is an incredibly underwhelming manufacturer. They survive strictly off of brand identity and fleet revenue.

It's cost-prohibitive to maintain them because Fords are throwaway vehicles. Buy it, beat it, deplete it, repeat it.

Forgot your /s there friend.

t. Cletus

china.

Except that "Jap" truck was made in Texas, unlike the domestics (Ford, Chevy/GMC, Ram).

Not only that, but this baby can outlast those piece of shit trucks.
POS Jap Truck

Tell me, can your piece of shit domestic Ford make it to 1 million miles with it's original gas engine? Nope. Your Ferd is a piece of shit along with Chevy and Ram.

>No one with money wants jap shit.
Lexus would love to disagree with you.
This, Toyota has great resale value. Anyone with half a brain would turn this down.

ford-trucks.com/articles/arizona-f-150-million-miles-truck/
mechlloyd.com/index.php/news-and-events/41-ford-f150-chalks-1000000-miles
autoblog.com/2010/10/26/man-hits-1m-miles-in-ford-f-250-in-four-years/

All talk but no pictures or proof.

Domestic trucks can never dream of reaching that.

youtube.com/watch?v=BUl6PooveJE

It happens so much in the real world that people don't bother making a big fuss over it. I guess a Toyota not rusting out is cause for celebration.

nbcmiami.com/news/weird/Pickup-Reaches-Million-Mile-Mark-in-Four-Years.html
>implying basic maintence is replacing the entire car
youtube.com/watch?v=yjRgiAOHm-E

thanks Obama, liberals sheesh

Bought a Fiesta cause Murica. And Chevys compacts dont look as cool

Everyone but Korea. Different american cars are sold in Europe and china/japan etc.
I'm assuming you are just a fuck america american because you would know they are sold pretty much everywhere.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Why has the door been replaced?
Could it have been rust?

Our trucks are superior.
Weve taken your fucking house and put it on wheels with a huge motor.
They are also notoriously easy to fix while your over engineered super computer is dead.

F150s are made in Missouri.

Ford sells well in every country, it is just about the only American brand of car that does.

Why do these even exist?
like they literally are not a thing in my country and if they are i have never seen one in my entire life.

Is this like how Japanese manufacturers make bikes that look like Harleys to sell to the American market when they sell bikes like pic related to the rest of the world?

i would drive this before i would ever drive these :

I'm sure tundras are alright trucks but god I hate working on them

>building sedans off the Mustang platform
That's the thinking I'm talking about - EVERYTHING SHOULD BE A VARIANT OF A MUSTANG. IT'S THE ONLY CAR YOU"LL EVER NEED. IT CAN DO IT ALL.

Mustang wagon when?

You're either talking smack or you know the actual problems with the door design...

Either way, no, story time.

>replacing the top of the dashboard
>have to lower the steering column, and unscrew the parking brake lever to loosen the dash up so i can get at some screws
>back my father's car up so i can open the door all the way and lay on my back in the cab
>unscrewing the steering column.
>steering column drops
>car begins to roll
>ohshit.jpg
>open door hits the front right of my dad's SUV
>the entire fucking thing gets bent backwards
>ohfuck.jpg
>finally stop being a retard and remember the brake pedal still works
>jump on the brakes
>car stops
>damage is done

I'm not sure how or why it came out of gear, I assume its because its a column shifter or something... it hasn't done it since. The other car is fine, it just has a few dents along the right side, no paint damage at all which was really good.

Needless to say, i bought the new door at a junkyard and installed it myself.

If you want rust though, you can look at the bumper.or lack-thereof

its night, i'll post a picture tomorrow

Id rather stick my dick in an XL pencil sharpener

People extoll all these virtues of the Tundra, but in my time in a garage they've been nothing but agony to work on.
Not even from like outright poor design, just little fuckass things that result in death by a thousand cuts to my will to live.

Every nut sticks, getting to things is obnoxiously hard, stupid cartridge filter holder always locks on so hard and you can't even stab it with a screwdriver to get it off.

I'd rather buy a Chevy just to know that it's nice and archaic and proven to be easier to work on otherwise they'd never still be on the road

Also the ridgeline isn't even a truck. Its a goddamn crossover with a bed

>jp cars arent tasteless
>what is subaru brz
>what is toyota gt86
>what it scion frs
why do all these jap "sports" cars look the fucking same?
>camaro
>challenger
>mustang
each has their own flavor, face it, jap auto market has lost all originality

Here is the rusty bumper as promised

I feel like that sticker belongs more on a Toyota

>truck

how the fug does a bumper rust like that

like fuck this thing sat parked behind a barn for 5 yearswith grass growing under it and its perfectly fine.

As soon as you put Mustang headlights on a Fairmont apparently. LTD-faced Futura also a good.

>truck people are retarded
In other news ...

The steel wasn't treated well, it was shitty steel, and the design of the bumper and some other components aided to water getting trapped and just sitting, it was used to put boats into salty water pretty often, the rear leafs need to be removed and their mounting hardware replaced.

The rest of the underside of the car is pretty rusty too, though not rotted, just scale, before winter me and my dad are going to pull the bed off to do some rust-preventive work on the frame.

Kek.

I hate the idea of bailouts
"Oh no, a company is failing, better help it, god forbid another company comes in and tries to compete!"
Bailouts probably killed Detroit

Because I needed a new work truck and I bought a dodge ram over the Tundra, because the Tundra was RETARDED expensive and outdated as fuck. And the Titan was equally retarded expensive.

BTFO
T F
F T
OFTB

kek

Fellow hongcouver resident here, any chinese person here with enough money to drive one of those cars left china and came here to sink all their RNB into houses so their government can't seize their assets. In china they drive those cars not here.

This could be a great truck for someone who REALLY doesn't need a truck. For any actual work related use it is beyond a terrible pick.

>FWD
>Unibody
>Only crew cab
>Low tow capacity

Terrible candidate for a work truck.