How do I talk my friend out of buying an r31 skyline...

How do I talk my friend out of buying an r31 skyline, he wants to import one from Japan for some reason instead of buying one locally (we live in Australia so they are fucking everywhere)

>r31
arent they also sold as a ford?

tell him to at least get the turbo, or get a r30

Every single one in australia has been thrashed, this is a fact
If he really likes the car and wants to keep it and work on it for a while its worth importing over buying local

Fuck no R31s are a good buy.

>Imported HR31
>The same as an Auspec R31

Firstly you know fuck all so you shouldn't be giving your friend any advice.
Secondly R31s are sick.

This, I spent months looking for a nice facelifted one and gave up.

Tell your friend to import a turbo one, we never got those here.

Tell him to enjoy the live rear axle.
Also the Oz spec R31 was built in Clayton by bogans with a shitty 3 litre version of the RB so that other bogans wouldn't have penis envy of the Falcon while Jap spec was built in Musashimurayama by men who dishoniur ancestors by doing bad job and has god tier RB20.

>shitty 3 litre version of the RB

TAKE THAT BACK!

Make me Holdencuck.

DESU, it is shitty and the only faggots who libe it are muzzas.

Nah fuck you cunts the RB30 is a sick engine.

Just make sure he finds good importer. Someone who won't take his money and vanish into sand.

Seriously though user, stop being such a softcock and let him have his fun, even if he only knows about the R31 because Forza Horizon 3 had it in a car pack.

If he's thinking of spending that much money on importing one make sure he has a look through Carsales for some other cars too. If he's dead set on a Skyline, if you guys are in Melbourne I actually inspected an imported R32 a few weeks ago that was on Carsales for 10k. It was absolutely gorgeous, and I was planning on swapping the auto trans for a manual but something else came up.
Serously, don't be a cunt and actually help him.

Meh RB30 was fine for a limp noodle. RB20 was way more fun though IMO. Has much more pep to it.

Fully yuleh.
Fucking muzza faggot.

>Buying an ugly box

haha

Your mom gives me hers for free.

Nothing comes close to the sound of an N/A six screaming its nut off, RB20DET is a great engine too - smooth reliable power - but I will always love the screaming RB30.
Plus they take turbos like a champ and they're easy as fuck to do if you like that sorta thing.

>screaming RB30
>6200RPM redline.

your mom starts screaming before i get all 6.2 inches in her too

It would make sense if he's looking for an R31 GTS. They never sold in Australia and are quite rare.

>6.2"
>admitting you have a small penis on the internet

Obviously you've never heard one at 6k.

telling people how small your dick is is the best way to pick up chicks

I dunno man, 7.5k redline on an RB20 is kind of brilliant to behold. RB30s have their place though, and yeah they do take turbos nicely.

All the RBs are fucking great engines overall, it's really like everyone gets a great kransky and you have some dickheads outright stating that a kransky with coleslaw is the best, while others are adamant that a kransky with onion is the best. They're all fuckin' great ya knobs, shut up and eat your hotdogs.

Yeah but with the stock turbo you're usually flogging a dead horse before you get to 7k, still a great engine!
I'd say the main appeal to RB30 is the pricetag though - anywhere between free to $150, maybe $200 if you're really desperate.

obviously kransky and sauerkraut is best

Nah man, 4k up and you're having a blast IMO, and if you're driving spiritedly you're not going much below 4k anyway.
And of course it's different again for my RB25DET in my R33. The bigger displacement means you still have enough kick to get you onto boost quickly and you can have fun.

Fuck off you flog everyone knows kransky w/cheese and onion is da best.