cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

kijiji.ca/v-sport-touring/winnipeg/2006-yamaha-fjr1300-7700-obo/1288788506
v-twinforum.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Post your comfiest riding position.
I do this sometimes on long trips. Put feet up on engine cage, cruise with one hand on the throttle.

Are there any helmets in the $100-$150 range that are better than the Bell Qualifier and Bell Qualifier DLX Blackout?

I ride around town like this when I don't have to turn or brake for a while (obviously reversed for throttle hand)
I had to lower the seat to match mine but I'm not sure of the exact measurements

Still under last dregs of my learner laws but about to get second (technically third, if you count a scooter) bike. Parents are buying it because why not, but it has to be under 150kW/1000kg power to weight ratio. This basically restricts me to cruiser or scrambler style bikes, which I'm totally okay with because I won't be getting rid of my current sport bike.

I'm really inclined to go with a Guzzi V9. Anyone else got suggestions?

Bolt for best cruiser and tracker

Hoe do you move your legs and hands around like this

get a supmo if you are not a shrimp and enjoy riding until it gets stolen.

can go green lane, can be dropped with no damage, cruised on my 650 at 90mph all day long, can apply full throttle in any corner anywhere and sticks, wheelies, jumps, curbs cannot damage down pipes, no worries about reliability or spares...

occasionally gets stolen though, just like my previous

don't need paddock stand, just get a bench underneath the engine, built to last in dirt so salty winter riding isn't a issue...

as long as there are corners on ride outs you can keep up with any bike depending upon your skill - which I have done against numerous 1000cc supersport bikes.

list literally goes on, cannot recommend enough

I think the v7 looks a lot better but I know next to nothing about them

>elbows rested on knees
>chin on tank

There is no adjustment for seating position but it's all the way back. Pretty comfy behind the windscreen with one hand on the tank as cushion for the helmets chin

where do i get the dbt and death by throttle stickers if im a europoor

I usually do it when I go straight for kms on end. I don't know how much you flail your arms around trying to turn but counter-steering still works fine, you just have to press or pull the handle forward or backward. No sideways motion required.
Why would you move your legs around?

I tried this and it works for a while but then my neck starts killing me because I have to tilt my head way back to be able to see.

Come to SEM, I still have original cursed DBT stickers left over.
It's like you fags are scared of crashing.

i havent been on dbt a while.

when is SEM? i thought it happened already

It was 2 weeks ago. Come to the next one. Probably late July / early August again if the last 3 years are anything to go by. Pyrenees and Slovenia were mentioned as possible meet locations so far. Oh, and WR's mum's pusay

Anyone in germany wanna buy a black '16 SV650?

I have a black 16" D for ur mums SV ;)))))

Anyone has experience fixing plastics?
I am repairing this pieces until I find replacement.
Any tips and tricks?

Of course I forgot the pic.

What non ADV bike will be suitable for a 2 meters long rideur?

duct tape

I sat on the MT09 (new one) with an 84cm inseam and 187cm height and it was great

Fiancé wants to learn to ride a motorcycle, and expressed interest in getting a sport bike. She has little to no experience on 2 wheels, and the most she ever did was learn to start, stop, and do wide turns on a 250cc cruiser. What is the best entry level bike that will satisfy her want for sport styling while also being very forgiving to a new rider. Also she's like 5"1'

A fiancé is a dude, dude.

SV650.

My wife is 5'2 and had a bit of trouble getting her feet down on a ninja 250. I'd start there, and also check out the 390's from KTM.

You know, she could just put one foot down and lean the bike a little. You don't need both feet down.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking ninja 250 as well, but if your wife is not tall enough to flat foot that's a problem. My fiancée probably won't ride anything she can't flat foot. She feels uncomfortable on scooters where the seat height is too tall

That seems like a fairly intermediate level bike

Any Harley.
I'm assuming she already sucks cock so it won't be too hard to adjust.

zxr400

Find the 250 sportbike with the lowest seat.

Get a scout niqqa
Naw man.

I'll put my feet up on my frame sliders from time to time, with my touring screen I'm completely in a bubble of quiet. And it's even comfier since I've got cruise control.

any tips on buying used dirt bikes of craigslist? best price ranges, what to look out for, etc

Everyone is shaped different. Your lady might have slightly longer legs and shorter torso. Gotta check and see on the bike :)

If you're buying an old dirt bike, expect it to break down. Make sure everything works properly. If the suspension is hard as a rock or bounces freely like a pogo stick then it is probably not worth fooling with. If you find things like the brakes are soft then the owner has probably never maintained the bike and rode it into the ground and now wants to get rid of it because it's on its last legs.

If possible, be willing to spend at least $3000 and get something made in the last 10 years. Newer is generally better and there doesn't seem to be that big of a price difference for dirt bikes after the initial depreciation hit.

Have to say, the FJR is starting to look more and more like a bike I'd want.

HJC DS-X1

I went from a Qualifier to it much better.

I'll sell you mine if you aren't too far away, I'm willing to go up to 1000km.

Here's the ad I have up right now:

2006 YAMAHA FJR1300 $7700 OBO,
kijiji.ca/v-sport-touring/winnipeg/2006-yamaha-fjr1300-7700-obo/1288788506

That could take a while.

same. that, or a connie

i'd offer to trade you a 2004 vstrom 1000 with 32,000 miles plus my givi case but you'd be getting screwed in the deal lol

zip-ties

Post chicken strips faggots.
>Tfw no strips on a250 cruiser
>Tfw lean harder than sport bikes

yay or gay?
According to the owner alot of things have been renewed and there's only 3000km on the clock.

Yay if good price

Nothing a little bit of spray paint and plastidip wont fix

i feel like a complete retard asking this but here we go

my bike was on workshop bout 1000km ago and they installed new sprockets+chain there

for first time since that i just cleaned the chain, popped the front sprocket cover open and noticed there was a LOT of grease

since the grease was full of sand and dirt i wiped it all off, didnt want that smudge on the chain

are we supposed to grease sliders regularily or something? i never seen grease on chains before

Who used beef jerky as a chain on your bike? That looks so fucking weird.

its not my bike, took greasy pic off google

the grease in guestion was grey and there wasnt any in the chain just in the cover and slider part

but you clearly have strips faget.
>tfw chunking up the corners of my knobs on the street, but i have to slow down because slowfags in front of me

no, grease usually just flings off and packs up under the sprocket cover like you experienced. You're only supposed to use a very thin coat of chain lube.

>tfw lost bike key and its gonna be a 60$ round trip in a cab to go to the locksmith

The luggage rack I modified to fit my Street Bob is working pretty good. Don't really feel like using saddlebags right now and I haven't had time to build a sissybar.

Been on the road quite a lot traveling and theres a few things I already know I want to change. The HD dunlops have got to go.. I need to run a wider front tire. Need to move to mags instead of laced wheels... My windshield is adequate but in prairie crosswinds at 120-130km/hr I am being blown all over the road.

I fear my braking technique is going to get me into some serious trouble someday. As of right now I engine brake while using my front brake lever to turn on my brake light, once engine braking has slowed me down from 5-6th gear I pull clutch and progressively brake with my front. In 2000km I have not touched my rear brake.

Also had an ass puckering moment I was not prepared for.. was riding gravel when all of a sudden I came to a very steep curved hill that was full of large crush, almost went down hard with the ass end trying to wash out.

Any DBT tire recommendations?

im just confused where the fuck did that grey grease come from or why was it added and to what?

Dont ride the hill by beaver river for starters

>not riding an 80s bike
>not just jamming a screwdriver in the ignition

This is my biggest fear, I have the bad habit of just throwing my key inside my helmet when I'm locking it up/ getting luggage off. So when I pat myself down to check if I'm missing anything, I give myself a small heart attack.

not that guy, but lube fling is normal. it probably looks worse because of all the dirt and shit that you've picked up on the road and it's all collected in the sprocket cover. not sure why they used grease, but it won't hurt the chain. just clean it off and lube it like you normally would

>visiting mum
>rural area
>locked garage
>leave key in ignition because why not
>decide to go for late night ride
>put on all the gear
>pat self down
>house keys, check
>phone, check
>wallet, check
>bike key -- FUCK
>heart attack
>search frantically for 10 minutes
>finally remember where I am
Literally every third weekend or so.

Heading to P. Hill and taking that curve down to the bridge over the north sask when its wet and semis are riding you through the corner and coming in the opposite direction is not something I want to repeat.

The yellowhead is fucking boring though.

don't be afraid of the rear brake, it's pretty useful in corners to stabilize the bike in corners, and practice with it so you can stop faster in emergency situations without locking up.

also, fuck dunlops. michelin is king.

Yeah I figure I better get on getting used to the rear brake. I bought a Heavy Duty front suspension kit from progressive and I have a feeling that its going to change the game for front braking somehow.

Commander IIs from Mich or Scorchers? Those Commanders have very little tread and I ride on quite a bit of gravel with my Harley

Got a warning last time I posted this

Lets go for the ban desu desu desu

come on janitors

Its lewd

l-lewd!

any tire is going to be shit in gravel on a cruiser. i had a set of commader 2's on an 800 Marauder and i'd buy them in a heartbeat, no questions asked. their rain traction is godly and the rear tire lasted 15,000 miles, i think.

looks related to me

Zip-tie stitch

Tape the plastics together on the back and then drill holes on each side then loop zip-ties through them.

Cover the front with stickers for extra points

>Veeky Forums mods/janitors doing anything ever

I got banned once for posting road rash pictures.

I was surprised too

Gonna step it up a notch here

Sportbike or bobber?... is riding on the road (sitting in traffic) even fun. Sold my dirtbike to pay off some student loans. Don't know if I should get a road bike or just stick to what I know I love and stay in the dirt. Take in mind I don't have a license so I'd have to go through all the trouble of taking the course insurance tagging.... all that fun stuff.

>Retarded looking no-nose humanoids
>lewd

>riding on the road (sitting in traffic)
No. Avoid traffic. Go ride backroads where you can have fun without even encountering traffic.

Also get a dual sport and ride on and off road.

How's it going fags?
Shib here, still touring with spent tyre and driveline, plus i'm 600km from the next service and the dash keeps reminding me

Met the niggest nig, was so black i thought he had gear on

Maintenance intervals, tank range, comfort

Sumos are toy bikes.

JB weld dog. Don't fall for the ABS cement meme. You need solid pieces of pure, strong ABS ground down to thicken it or it's pure liquid and dries to something simultaneously rubbery and brittle.

>rear drum

Which bike? Probably a UJM pocket cruiser, right?

Those legitimately handle as well as normal UJMs, especially if you start raising pegs and pipes.

I live in South Florida near the coast. There aren't very good back roads for riding. I had a 2011 husqvarna te250 but didn't want to go through the trouble of tagging a 250 and it didn't have enough hit for me being that it's an enduro bike. But I think you helped me realize that I really just rather stick to full off road riding thanks man.

buy liter peter
go fast, really fast, until you exit florida
now enjoy riding

Plastic welders work nicely and with a variety of plastics including ABS.

Get it copied and keep a copy inside your wallet.

Genius! The twisties in the tennessee mountains are where I'm heading. I can live on squirrel meat and build a hut induh woods. Just me and my wilderness biku.

Better than living in Florida.

is drunk driving on a motorcycle just as easy as it is on a car

no

you will fall over in your driveway. once your friends help you pick up your bike you will rev to 10k and dump the clutch. seen it happen.

kys

>I fear my braking technique is going to get me into some serious trouble someday.

Then stop fucking doing it because it's stupid. You have no reason to do it except being silly. Engine braking only made sense up to the end of the front drum brake era as a supplement to the utter garbage brakes of the time.

The stock Dunlops wear fine but if you replace them get something with equally reasonable tread since you don't always travel on cleanly paved roads.

A wider 19" tire that fits your forks won't change your contact patch much at all. Ancient Harleys ran 16" front tires because they work on shitty roads. They became a styling thing later.

Customer takeoff mags are easy to find. Ask your dealer and independent shops and check Craigslist.

v-twinforum.com is a good place to find conversion info if you want to go wide up front.

If swapping wheels I suggest installing dual front discs while you are at it. Harleys aren't getting any lighter. Braided stainless lines are inexpensive and improve brake feel dramatically.

Last time I drunk drove my motorcycle on a car I ended up in the hells angles.... So it's not hard... but not good either.

how do you guys feel about VFR?

Yea Florida pretty much sucks ass. Better than the trailer park of Indiana I was living in though..... I think

>I bought a Heavy Duty front suspension kit from progressive and I have a feeling that its going to change the game for front braking somehow.

So would applying proper braking and practicing aggressive braking and controlling rear wheel skids.

Riding isn't practice. Practice is practice. Harleys have a low CG and can be flung about with considerable vigor.

why the fuck would you be scared of the rear brake? Lock it up all you like, its way less a problem than having the front wheel slip due to gravel or some shit.

Heavy and a lumpy running pig at low speeds. Also about as comfortable as a CBR with bar risers.

But torks

I've never ridden a real motorbike, just 50cc scooters, so I'm wondering, is there such a thing as a beginner's adventure bike, or should I go for something small and light as a first bike till I get the hand of it.

After riding 50cc scooters you're past the beginner bike stage

Beginner bikes are just to ensure you understand the basic principles of 2 wheeled vehicles before dying. If you don't live in a nanny welfare state where the government considers you a public asset and prevents you from taking risks, you can skip the beginner bike meme entirely.