Why do all the apartments and schools around me feel the need to buy the largest speed bumps they can find online?

Why do all the apartments and schools around me feel the need to buy the largest speed bumps they can find online?
When I was in high school they literally installed a fucking curb in the middle of the road and now im in uni but my new apartments have approx. 40 like pic related and it may look like nothing but let it be known these things will fucking twist your car.
It doesn't even stop people from speeding as people just slow down to 30, hit them, and go back to whatever speed they were doing. Why not just buy regular sized ones?

Who else here lives in a speed-bump heavy shithole?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUB3ORf8RM
youtube.com/watch?v=qZ0bYe7rvXM
youtube.com/watch?v=VCYrdjkSxlI
sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=2054&artikel=5875644
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just go at night and rip them out fuck speed bumps

Funny story when I first moved here someone tried and took out about 20 but they actually replaced all of them.

We've also had people straight up ram the box responsible for opening and closing the gate because it took 30 seconds for the gate to fully open

This, best to suffer one night of hard work than a lifetime of regret and twisted frames.

>tfw 1 mile stretch outside my gated community just out several speed bumps
>tfw stopped hearing ricers use my street

FEELS. FUCKING. GOOD. MAN.

Just lay on the horn at any point your tire is touching a speed bump. Also do burnout between bumps to make up for the lost time from having to go 0.2 mph over the bumps.

So stop going there.

It filters for stancefags.

Aight i just wont go home ever

this is true

It could be worse, they could be speed ditches.
Stancefags would never recover.

Found my first speed ditch the other day, fucking evil.

Wait what? Intentional potholes? Cant find any on google search does anyone have a pic?

tbqh I don't give a fuck about speed bumps, I have a large portion of my road in my nice part of the neighborhood where Billy and Bob take their dumb fuck Hellcats, do a big burnout, then storm down the road.

Then Aiden and Kaiden take their cheap rice rockets and stanced, fart cannon cars as well.

After our HOA installed speed bumps = none of that shit.

here they use weird cubes in midle of the road as bump...so i just ride around them at regular speed with my motorcycle

Don't forget about Brayden

I fucking hate these. There's no decent regulations on them around here. I was driving 10mph in my bone stock Toyota sedan and still managed to rub the bottom. Man, fuck those guys.

They're solid proof that the free market fucking sucks.

No regulations = lol it's my road if you don't like damaging your car at any speed don't drive on it

I hate these fucking speed bumps, there's no speed you can safely drive over them, any speed feels like they're wrecking your transmission.

Please respond

My college had huge steel speed bumps outside of the parking garage, they kept getting ripped out of the ground after tearing people's bumpers off so they smartened up and got rid of them entirely.

Honestly most of the time these things are totally unnecessary and implemented moreso due to muh feelings than logical reasons

Find out who legally owns the street. If it's not the people that put in the bumps, file a criminal complaint.

Failing that, get a GSXR and hit moon revs all day

>haha there's nothing wrong with speedbumps guys, besides it stopped those stupid car drivers from driving and annoying me!
That's the problem you faggot busrider

t. angry 30 year old

>living in a HOA controlled neighborhood

You're a joke

This. Hope you washed your car, mowed your lawn, swept your driveway, painted your garage door the latest approved shade of white, and polished your mailbox this week, user. If you didn't, they'll fine you.
Oh, and you're not actually allowed to wash your car on your property, so you'll have to take it to the car wash downtown, owned by the HOA president's cousin.
Does your exhaust comply with HOA noise regulations? If not, there's a fine for you.

Straight pipes deserve to be gassed regardless of HOAs because they're fucking annoying and universally valid noise ordinances still apply.

They're basically speed bumps but inverse in to the ground not every deep. But deep enough that if you don't stop almost all the way it will be the worst pothole of your life.

So they're badly installed water drains?

>noise ordinances
>hoa yelling at you for what you do on your property
>celebrating frame ruining speed mountains self righteous faggot boomers put in because they don't like low slung cars
Imagine being this cucked. Feels good to be an American in the South lmao.

Alright then Cletus, fuck off back into your barn, or drive through mud with your cousins some more.

>We've also had people straight up ram the box responsible for opening and closing the gate
Yep, we also had people try to DOS (Denial Of Service) the gate opening box regularly in hopes that management would get rid of the gate to avoid the costs of repairing it. That didn't work. Management simply installed big metal pipes filled with rebar and concrete to protect the gate box.

My apartment complex got tough and stopped problem cars.

Constantly annoying others with your car will get your car "fined" or banned. Only lawmakers can create laws for fines and courts enforce fines. Apartments around here came up with a legal variation similar to a fine. Trouble-making cars are required to put in a security deposit after a verified complaint. On the next complaint, the deposit is lost and an even bigger deposit must be re-deposited.

When I go by places that have aggressive speed bumps I floor it in between them to make a lot of noise to be an asshole. I don't mind the speed bumps that don't kill your car unless you're going like 35+

Guys im gay

then rip them out, or dont drive if its fucking private, my redditor

No shit, the neighborhood voted to abolish the HOA after the corporate builder left and our property values went up. I am glad, and the streets actually get fucking plowed now by the county since it's a public road.

It looks like there is enough space to go around them.

You can get people to slow down for speed bumps, you just need to make them bigger. youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUB3ORf8RM

>It doesn't even stop people from speeding as people just slow down to 30, hit them
You area doesn't know how to make real speed bumps. The best ones are integrated with the roadway. A drainage dip is placed in the road. It is called a drainage dip because deliberately creating a trap is illegal even in an HOA.

At a set distance after the dip is the poured concrete speed bump. It is nicely rounded and smooth and slow moving cars don't feel a sharp steep bump. The bump size and distance above the dip is set so that peeding cars have their noses sion momentum that cause them to drive their noses into the bump and damage any low front nose.

wanna yiff?

Ground clearancelets... And you wonder why people drive trucks? What's the point of a fast sports car when it take 5 minutes to navigate a speed bump?

>mfw tearing thru shitty roads and flying over speedbumps in my CRV blasting memebeat
>mfw I do this on my bike too

youtube.com/watch?v=qZ0bYe7rvXM
youtube.com/watch?v=VCYrdjkSxlI

>Why do all the apartments
Probably relates to their insurance costs because even if there are accidents covered by each car owners' insurance, the apartment insurance may still rise as a matter of accidents being reported on the property.

Street up the road force the council to install speed bumps, but those large table-top versions.

They complained a few months (and 1 million dollars for installation) later that all they heard were 'cars slowing down, speeding up loudly, then slowing down' over the 8 bumps installed.

The street had a 75+% agreement prior to install, so I felt only a tiny bit of guilt as I treated every bump as a set of lights.

>CRV

I'm convinced one of the reasons crossovers are so popular is because of fucking speedbumps

>street doesnt have speed bumps, just paved real shit so no one really races down it
>go down some suburb hoa shithole street with speedbumps
>some bumps you gotta slow down to 20kmh (about 13mph) or risk bottoming out
>some you can take at 50 without issue
>sometimes they put those shit plastic or metal ones that rattle all your trim pieces no matter how slow you go
fuck speedbumps

cuck------>(your ear)

tbqh if you live in a good neighborhood, your HOA shouldn't be shit

It's not that hard to tell either, and if you live in a good neighborhood you're bound to have a HOA.

Not to sound like a spoiled faggot, but I honestly doubt any of you guys dealt with HOA's and are just going off of what your parents bitched about since they're low-middle class and bitching about living a middle to upper-middle lifestyle (now I'm acting like a spoiled brat).

The other being poorly maintained roads in general.

I've had exactly one experience with HOA and it was complete bullshit but other than that it's pretty much a 'no niggers allowed' policy so you're not wrong. Sometimes they go too far and say you can't work on your vehicle in your own driveway which is dumb but that's by far the outlier.

>mfw trailertrash outside of city limits

>mfw parking cars on cinderblocks, lighting shit on fire and blasting music at 3 am while revving shitbox engines back to life in my garage

Same. I rev the fuck out of my car as I go over them.
>Tfw a richfag community that I've known about for almost 30 years only recently installed speed bumps since I started delivering pizza there (they have a dumb low speed limit of 25, it's practically a fucking highway)
>Tfw they're the wide, low-profile speed bumps
>Tfw still run through the place 25 MPH over the limit basically telling who ever is responsible for it to eat shit
And not really related to that topic
>One of the richfag communities has a stupid vertically-lifting gate post
>Car low enough to drive under it
>Someone with a stick up his ass sees this and yells at me
>Now they installed an actual steel gate that takes like 15 seconds to open
>Follow people in when someone opens it so I don't have to waste my time/gas using their stupid fucking callbox
>They make the gate close faster
>Tailgate the fuck out of people with my lights off to trick sensors into thinking it's one vehicle entering
heh, nothing personnel, kiddos

>It's not that hard to tell either, and if you live in a good neighborhood you're bound to have a HOA.
It used to not be that way. But the cancerous people keep on breeding and expanding everywhere. Only the HOA with their relative immunity to discrimination law complaints have been able to keep crime down in their neighborhoods in my city. The HOA I know of has black families in it, but they are normal people and not the Jamal felony ex-con types throwing trash on the ground and prowling neighborhood homes and cars. They're probably in the HOA for the same reason - get away from crime type people.

the speed bump I was talking about is made of (concrete? asphalt?) and is paved into the road. Ripping it out would require heavy equipment. That's how it's usually done around here.
The ones in the parking lots are the worst, but the local authority has started paving "speed humps" into roads as "traffic calming" maneuvers. Dumbest name I've ever heard - ruining a good road just pisses people off.

honestly this. I love my sedan, but it's turning into some sort of retarded arms race around here where, once a critical mass of people have bought trucks/totally-not-minivans-honest, the speed bumps get resized to deal with cleetus in his brodozer and ling in her crossover, and those of us still driving reasonably sized cars get fucked.
Not to mention what it does to sightlines, crash incompatibility, etc. It feels like every other day that I read about some fucking moron in a truck killing a sedan driver by driving like a dipshit and walking off unscathed.
I've got a nice sedan now but my next car will probably have to be an SUV.

>tfw they contribute to heart attack deaths by delaying ambulances

kek

I jump speed bumps on my bike

>friend moves into townhouse complex
>blind corner has two stop signs
>he nevers stop at them
>housing authority installs speed bump in the middle of the blind corner and keeps the stop signs

My apartment complex has a shit ton of speed bumps, they're not car damagingly huge if you go over them slowly. But since I've had to use Uber to get around for a while since my license is suspended, I've learned some people give NO fucks about speed bumps.

It's especially annoying when some dumb fucker hits those speed bumps going 30 and I've got a full coffee in my hand. Motherfucker if I spill this you're gonna get mad at me and I'm not paying a cleaning fee.

I've heard people defend the low profile segmented ones (squares with gaps in between) by saying they're just wide enough for normal cars to have to hit them but ambulance/firetruck frames can straddle the bump and drive through them.

which sounds like fucking bullshit because most ambulances are just modified vans

Two years ago, the HOA put speed bumps on the road into my neighborhood, which the prez of the HOA lives on. We retaliated by revving obnoxiously while going between the speed bumps in front of the Prez's house. After 8 months they were removed.

The ultimate apartment and HOA experience:
>speed ditch
>speed bump
>stop sign
>slow-opening steel gate
>vert swing gate

these must be placed every 5 feet for full effect

Should really be called HA
Homeowner is one word.

sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=2054&artikel=5875644

Like that, or like pic related?

You jealous of his freedom?

>It feels like every other day that I read about some fucking moron in a truck killing a sedan driver
That's why all the car manufacturers are making normal passenger sedans into tall front end tall rear end low-visibility vehicles. So many other cars on the road are now SUV and trucks that sedans have a lowered survival chance.

That that says about small eco-friendly cars like Smart Car is another matter. The arms race in heavier and taller vehicles makes the safety of smaller vehicles less viable.

What a waste of money. They will be gone on the first snowfall.