What causes South America to be so prone to political instability and revolution?

What causes South America to be so prone to political instability and revolution?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3_vmOvfbg90
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filibuster_(military)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>fiery passion of the Latins
>combined with the lack of intelligence of negroes and indios
Recipe for disaster desu

Genetic, historic and geographic determinism.

They are a bunch of niggers who were put down by da white man and also get to live in lands that are extremely shitty

In the case of my country (the white land of argentina), i think it's a mix of inequality in the distribution of land (leads to income distribution conflicts, also oligarchy doesn't like democracy), our military being retarded and foreign intervention.

Hispanic people are very emotional and can't help but wig out every once in a while.

Because whenever they get a good leader capable of bringing stability, the CIA assassinates him to put in other CIA puppet ruler.

Didn't know the CIA was mucking about in the 18th and 19th centuries

While i'm at it, i'll also say that culturalist/genetic explanations are retarded since latin american countries are extremely diverse in both senses.

Extreme poverty, massive amounts of wealth inequality, a history of caudillos, institutional racism and meddling from external forces.

Pick your poison.

honestly, this

Reminder to report /pol/ posters for racism, that goes against global rule 1...

The true reason for why South America is third world is this........ colonial opression. They were colonized by Europeans, and they stole all of South America gold and resources. Hundreds of years of slavery, you must be voting for Trump if you dont see it...

Foreign dominance.

don't false flag.

you had me until you mentioned trump.
6/10.

>le fiery emotional latins
>le IQ meme

If you have no idea what you're talking about why even post

>>>/leftypol/

it keeps the world simple and black and white for those you have no education.

*who

>Implying Spaniards (conquistadores) don't dominate the upper middle class of the latin american countries and the mestizos remain poor. The Portuguese dominating the upper middle class of Brazil too etc.

I live in Miami. It's mostly hispanic. Even my hispanic friends admit latinos are fiery. They're always quarreling over some stupid shit. Nothing against them, they just get angry easy.

its false flag you fags

Im hispanic and your friends fell for the meme

>19 posts
>all /pol/ shit
Reminder to report, hide and ignore all /pol/ shit to keep them in their containment board. Don't reply to /pol/.

>2016
>inductivism

youtube.com/watch?v=3_vmOvfbg90
:^)

These days it seems like rampant corruption. From what I can tell, none of these countries really had a chance to figure themselves out like the U.S. did and just has a long string of terrible leaders.

Whatever you said friend.
Government statistics don't like.
Hispanics have lower IQ, higher crime rates, more likely to be homeless, unemployed, promiscous, while less likely to be in college, etc. There are countless peer reviewed studies that show that everything I'm saying is right but of course you'd just dismiss them as being racist or not good enough for your likes.
Very easy to start out with a one line shitpost/ad hominem and they complain about it when people do the same with you. Which just shows how stupid yall are.

>even Tyrone can't help but laugh at retarded redditors
Is there anything not based about that man?

Also, I don't even bronswe /pol/ at all, and I'm even South American myself.

The very fact that the USA is a superpower with millions of blacks is proof that you're talking bullshit.

I don't know dude. I understand culture influences us a great deal but I'm pretty sure we've been memed into thinking we can't be bred in the same way dogs are bred. With personality traits passing genealogically. It's like how adopted kids still grow up with the same IQ as their biological parents or the Irish making terrible decisions while drunk. I've gone my whole life seeing more stereotypes and less exceptions, though they exist.

Except the diversity in latin america gives us a natural control for your hypothesis. Refuted.

Those blacks drag the U.S. down significantly in every metric so... I don't know why you're bringing that up.

Except for the fact that until the 40s blacks were either just slaves or second class citizens with very little to sometimes no rights at all.
Since they became full citizens like everyone else, and also their demographics started rising, the USA began to gradually see the end of moral values and the such, today more than ever blacks are treated with cotton gloves and look at where you are, BLM riots every day on a different corner of America, they constantly chimp out, loot places. Look at Brooklyn too for example.

>exceptthe diversity in latin america gives us a natural control for your hypothesis. Refuted
What?
Do you even realize the map you just posted just supports my thesis, instead of refuting it?
>white and asian nations high IQ
>mixed race/brown/swarthy/etc people with average IQ
>blacks and hispanic nations with low IQ

>Lack of social/economic mobility with the added suppression of the lower classes,
>oligarchy over meritocracy
>denial of basic education to the general population and reserved for only the upper classes
>corruption

There are other issues that could be rooted from Colonialism but these are mostly what results in a disgruntled populace.

>Do you even realize the map you just posted just supports my thesis, instead of refuting it?
Are you retarded? Countries like Ecuador or Guatemala are very light blue while countries like Argentina and Uruguay are dark blue and all have been politically unstable during their history. Cleary it's not the relevant variable.

What do people even think latins are like? Im chilean and some foreigners are kinda shocked at how ""cold"" we are

I dated a girl from Argentina. Her dad was in politics. She told me a story how one night she heard gun shot after gun shot coming from their barn. He told her he was shooting cows. She heard like 20 gun shots. She told me she's pretty sure he killed several people.

We have a lot of Cubanos, Puerto Ricans, and Dominicans. That's all I really have to base that off. That and a few good Peruvian friends who are super chill.

Chileans might be super cold.. I haven't met many. Venezuelans and Argentinians have a reputation for thinking they're gods gift to earth but that's about it.

the US mainly

Chile is a safe haven compared to the rest of south american countries, that slowly has toned down its cultural belligerence; however, we still have Mapuches that are literally as fiery as it gets.

>people are uneducated and poor thats why they are violent

Fucking racists

>Didn't know the CIA was mucking about in the 18th and 19th centuries

Well....

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filibuster_(military)

This. Don't date them, people. It's crazy.

I will never understand why people say don't stick your dick in crazy. Everyone sticks their dick in crazy. Everyone.

There's no brown country that isn't prone to political instability and revolution. Take a guess

>France
>Germany
>Russia
>England
>Italy
>Greece
>The Balkans
>China
>The USA

What are non-brown countries who have had political instability and revolutions during their history, Alex?

Is there a single country in the Americas outside of [maybe] Canada that isn't?
Even the US went through a ridiculously destructive civil war and a decent chunk of its history involves armed conflict with its neighboring peoples.

Chille is doing quite well recently

Why the fuck does rule 1 exist? Ive gotten banned like 5 times for that. Iisnt this Veeky Forums?

what is this anecdote supposed to prove?

>sudacas blaming America for their problems
>an independent thought

Because racist bullshit adds nothing to what is supposed to be the closest thing to an intellectual board. If you don't understand why racism makes you look foolish then you are too delusional for this board

>why can't I practice my retardation c'mon guys

I'm Peruvian and I'm shocked by how much dick you suck

Spain leaving behind a tradition of patrimonial/clientelistic institutions. American backyard adventures didn't help either.

That's your own community college vermin, yank friend, we hate ourselves too much.

To anyone saying we have a wealth inequality problem, it's not like that. What we have is a social mobility problem, with small enterprises and individuals unable to grow, find oportunities and markets to participate in either due to overt protectionist meassures or lack of money put into development.

The reason Chile greatly outpaced it's neighbors in growth was the extremely open economy that kept the money flowing, but now that it has slowed down, populist administration and corruption are rooting in as people become increasingly desperate and unsure of their livelihoods.

Just gonna briefly mention that Uruguay actually has a working Public Health System, while the bloody yanks have to pay 5k for an ambulance ride if they don't have insurance.

So yep, talk about backward countries...

It has been quite stable since the 80s, with both left and right alternating in government without coups or revolutions. Except for Venezuela which has entered a separate dimension

Like my western white friend said, south america has a diverse history, just like any continent, and pull it all in a bag its not only retarded, it doesnt answer your question.
Latin america as a whole is a continent that has no history to be proud of besides independence. We know too few about pre-colmbine america, and culturaly we are a mix of spanish, portuguese and italian societys (who by the way, hates as much, if not more, as the rest of europe hate them).
Another point that people bring too much, but that its still true, its that we were the bag of resources of europe from a pretty long time. When you sell raw material and buy the finished product for 300 years, and the past 200 before that you just give it for free, it doesnt give the greatest base to build a country.
And of course, the favorite one: North America and the Comunist block playing with us for the most part of cold war. Living the last half of the 20th century with a goverment, frozen prices and salaries (read: bad salaries and high prices) and some revolutionaries trying to recreate the cuban revolution on the rest of the continent, didnt leave time or resources to grow. Besides, it left a general distrust in our own goverment and the first world.
This last part is more of a south of Panama thing, but it stills apply to some other countries.
TLDR: We were the bitches of the world, now we hate all the people that fucked us in the ass and the ones that allowed it, but we cant do anything about it besides forgive and move on.

* military government
My english suckss, sorry

And before anyone says "lol your country is the size of a peanut try being the size of a continent and seeing how that works out", Brazil also has a public health system.

Not quite >working, but it's there, and inefficient is still a couple steps above inexistent.

Also, a judicial assistance program, which I'm not quite sure the US possesses except for certain cases of criminal prosecution, which is frankly appalling.

/thread/

If you want to act like a /pol/tard go back to /pol/
This is Veeky Forums, almost everyone is a little racist if not outright racist including me
If you can't keep your retarded outburst and shitpost where they belong you deserve to be banned

>lands that are extremely shitty
You're an idiot.

le back to /pol/

After the wars of independence conservative populists took over and liberal intellectuals tried to find ways to subvert this.
Sometimes it works out like with Argentina, sometimes it doesn't like with Colombia

>>blacks and hispanic nations with low IQ
Spain has a pretty good average IQ.

Not really. The vast majority of people who supported the fight for independence, and the ones who later would cause so much political instability, called themselves Americanos. Americano was a widely popular concept amongst the indigenous people and certain sections of the free black population and they fought side by side with the creole population.
You clearly only think this because you don't know much about Latin American history. Not your fault, it just needs to be taught more.

Imagine if every state in the US was independent. They'd be ripe for exploitation by every regional and global power. That's South America.

Spanish America's biggest mistake was splitting into the various viceroyalties and successor states. The united states of Latin america would be like turbo Brazil, underpowered but still pretty hefty. Kind of like Spain.