Hard-earned reward = conspicuous consumption?

Is this story familiar in your area?

> be young
> work ass off for years
> eventually afford to buy/build nice hobby car
> get dirty looks from everyone who doesn't have it

I swear it's not as fulfilling to have a kick-ass classic or exotic car these days, outside of the car-specific club gatherings. Nobody in the NorCal sees cool cars as a result of hard work and enthusiasm, they just see them as unattainable objects flaunted by some entitled affluent class of older, usually white dudes. There's no fun in this hobby in California any more. Is it this bad everywhere else?

I make sure too key every new or nice car i see bacause their's no way ppl here can afford them legally

If you've busted your ass to build the car and get dirty looks and get butt hurt about that, then you built the car for the wrong reasons.

I think thats just an attitude that exists everywhere. People cant handle the fact that other people have nicer things than they do. So they get upset and think bad things about the guy with nicer things to make themselves feel better.

Its just jealousy.

>t. 26 year old poorfag

Lets be real, 95% of supercars owned by people in their 20s are trust fund kiddies. Nobody in existence other than trust fund kiddies like trust fund kiddies, so yeah. People assume the worst.

Pic related, the "N" means new-driver, you just got your license and are likely in or just out of highschool.

>If you've busted your ass to build the car and get dirty looks and get butt hurt about that, then you built the car for the wrong reasons.

so you're in it to build a car with the goal of making other people butthurt?

Depends on whether you've actually worked your ass off for years, or whether you're merely worked for a few years and think you're now entitled to throw all your money at a toy at the very first opportunity.

I worked hard and saved for some time.
I bought a new sports car and everyone would assume i didn't earn it because im fairly young looking.

It's an exercise in self control to not care what other people think and at the same time stay grounded enough to stop assuming everyone is jealous.

Oh, I thought it meant nigger.

Vancouver is full of them, rich kids born into chinese money who validate their existence by throwing money whereever they can.

They fucking love wearing studded/spiked leather too for some reason.

Same bro I walk around the gay classic car meetups with a bottle of brake fluid too spray on any car that looks too expensive tho sometimes those cucks get pissy at you if they catch you even tho its litralley none of there work

>tfw dont have parents who send me hundreds of thousands a year to lord over the peasents of canada

I cri inside a little bit

At least my bikeu is almost/equally as fast

Ill bet the inside smells like seaweed and a superiority complex

fake, but reinforcing my OP point about bitter have-nots draining the fun out of owning a decent car/house/anything

>95% of supercars owned by people in their 20s are trust fund kiddies

Strong generalizations, do you have any sources to back up those numbers?

Just because you see a bunch of trust fund kids on youtube or in your local area doesnt mean all young trust fund kiddies own supercars. Use critical thinking dumb ass.

My accounting of it is fake, but there actually is a guy that does this at the local car meet.

It got so bad that the police send 4 cars there every week to keep an eye out for him.

I have one finished restored car, and another one with a really shitty paint job. The ratty car gets all the thumbs-up and the nice one gets ignored or gets dirty looks.

>whether you've actually worked your ass off for years, or whether you're merely worked for a few years and think you're now entitled

genuinely curious where you make the distinction here. where's the cutoff? why is one more valid than the other?

Poorfags.

move out of a liberal shithole

I get dirty looks no matter what one of my cars I'm driving, my SL63 probably gets the most, and you can multiply that times 10 of my wife is driving it. Boomers don't like seeing me in my beat up 78 corvette either for some reason even though it's probably worth like $4500. Even my daily driver 2013 Lexus GS gets dirty looks since anyone around here under the age of 50 is supposed to be a deadbeat tweaker in a 98 Saturn SL

I busted my ass and was able to afford a C5 Corvette at 21 years old. Five years later and I still have it. At the time I bought it, it was 13 years old so it was already an old car but it was fucking pristine and had some mods giving it 400 whp. I've busted my ass for five years to keep it pristine, as well.

It was way nicer than anything anybody my age that I knew was driving, but I didn't get any dirty looks. Mostly people just complimented it and asked me how I acquired it. But I don't live in a pretentious area, most people here are honest.

However, when I went to poor places I did get dirty looks from jelly poorfags who blame their problems on everyone else. But there were also the poor people who genuinely just liked the car and were not glaring me down.

t. trust fund baby

>why is one more valid than the other?
Because the younger the generation, the less work they consider hard work. Work conditions keep becoming more comfortable and easier, the only thing that's hard anymore are work hours or intellectual tasks.

How many university students do you know who even have full time jobs? Ill give you a hint, the ones who do are rolling around in civics, not mclarens.

Its 110% chinese parents (at least in bc)

Pretending otherwise is just willfully ignorant.

Don't worry, daddies money will make it all better

>Boomers don't like seeing me in my beat up 78 corvette either for some reason even though it's probably worth like $4500

That car rightfully belongs sequestered in their garage on jack stands for the next 15 years while they age and die before restoring it

>Boomers don't like seeing me in my beat up 78 corvette either for some reason even though it's probably worth like $4500
DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU'VE GOT

That's just how the modern generation is. They spend $20 on avacado toast and $8 on coffee then get mad at anyone that has anything nice.

>expecting college students to afford supercars with their part time mcdonalds jobs
>critical thinking
I know you want to be politically correct because you're a leftie millennial, but they're all just daddy money chinkfucks.

I'm 25 years old and I own a civic and Miata

I live in the US but I know about those kids you speak of, I'm not doubting there are trust fund kids with supercars. but 95% is just a random number OP pulled out of his ass.

What happened to that British masterpiece??

see
Chances are you are a millennial as well dumb fuck. Nobody here is trying to politically correct. We are strictly talking numbers here.

this dude said 95% of people who own supercars are rich chinese kids to which i replied, show the source where he got it from. But he can't and neither can you because thats just not true

This actually doesn't bother me at all. I just hope they don't total them.

But you know they're cutting people off in traffic all the time.

What fucking difference does it make whether it's 95% chink trust fundies and 5% american trust fundies or 85% chink trust fundies and 15% american trust fundies?

that McLaren P1 GTR isn't owned by a chinese trust fundie and his barely street legal.

For what car insurance costs me, I can drink a 8$ coffee every single day and still be spending less on that habit than I spend on my monthly car insurance.

Can't blame someone for taking pleasure in the little things when that's the only thing they can ever afford.

The difference is you are clearly butthurt over people who were born with better circumstances than you.

Not him but I pay $86 a month to insure my Boxster, so a lot cheaper than daily Starfucks coffee

>The difference is you are clearly butthurt over people who were born with better circumstances than you.

So? You should be.

What car do you have to be spending $240 a month on?

> Caring what other people think

Assault sports cars

Because you can't tell who owns it by just looking.
So buttmad jerkoffs who key or damage cars have no legit argument, they're just assholes.

>You should be.
Whatever for?
Holy jealousy, Batman

yikes. you have some shit you need to work out user.

seriously.

>waa da peasants are keying my car

Go suck a dick.

t. Bitter poorfag

It's not my fault that you two were cucked by propaganda from rich people.

Go brown nose them if you want. I will retain my dignity.

lel
stay poor

Of course I'm bitter for being poor. You say it as if the poor should just be some happy go luck retards who submit to rich people.

I don't give a fuck. Enjoy your keyed car.

>I will retain my dignity
not really

If you were in it for the attention, you never truly liked cars in the first place.

>submit to rich people
Jesus, dude.
They decided to run Hillary instead of you, go back to Vermont and get the fuck over it.

nobody is brown nosing them. I just enjoy cars m8.

stop being a salty faggot.

Texan trapped in the Bay here

This is hell

I really have no way to quantify it but dear God if you're living in the free world and you read this I don't care what how much job offer is don't move here

>he had to bring in race to a car discussion

Outside from this, it's just people who make only closeminded bad decisions (buying cellphones every year, spending on bullshit all the time) instead of investing or even focusing on a objective. They can't perceive a car as a box to tick in someone's life.

Is it really cutting off if they're over the horizon shortly after getting in front of you?

That term only applies to people who get in front of you and slow down leaving you trapped.

>That term only applies
Rule of thumb I've always gone by is that if someone doesn't make you alter your speed or direction, they haven't cut you off.

Yeah insurance for a young faggot living on their own is maybe $200 a month.

A typical milennial spends $100+ a month on a phone plan from a major network+leased iphone and even more on the fastest cable their money can buy, so facebook will load faster. As opposed to a $30 month/$30bi-monthly poorfag phone plan from tracphone or something, a used unlocked phone for a one time fee of like $80, and local DSL for $50 a month.

And then you have the massive cable packages they just HAVE to have even though they only watch fucking netflix

>but DYUUUUDE xfinity has a netflix app

What is it with people caring so goddamn much about what everybody thinks of them anymore? You managed to get yourself a nice car, enjoy that, be proud of it. Why should you give a fuck if some lazy sack of shit gets their panties twisted because of it? Christ.

>be "rich" (well off enough to buy what i want) despite working a blue collar job
>spend very little and invest a lot
>live a quiet life
>all my money comes from other rich people
>if anything it only flows in your direction because i buy your used vehicles and shit from the tiny health food store your great aunt annie runs
>have nice things becaue of this
>you think you are my servant and treat me like shit

liberal victims should be fucking scalped.

anyone alive who blames their failures on anyone but themselves should be fucking scalped.

>no nuqqa, i had no choice but to have three kids before i was 20, you don't understaaaand it's my right

>What is it with people caring so goddamn much about what everybody thinks of them anymore?
I know, there's this gay guy down the street who never shuts up about it.

If you have to slow down for a short amount of time to regain your following distance they haven't cut you off either. If you don't make that exception, nobody can change lanes in heavy traffic ever. Not making that exception to the point of having no following distance and shouting at people who use their blinkers/dooring bikers who get sick of your shit and just lane split is what causes traffic jams.

I've got a buddy who daytraded through highschool, made some good money all on his own. He bought his own car, a new BRZ, which he told me took a sizable chunk of his savings, so I'm certain there's no way someone in their twenties could, alone by their own hand, afford a six figure car.

>If you don't make that exception
Granted.
Traffic fucks up the rules for everything, left lane passing included

I think their point is, the "majority" of the cars they key will be owned by people they already don't like, so why not?
Kind of like opening fire in a slum.

Road raging faggots fuck up the rules for everything and are why we can't have nice things

>It's not fair if you do that
>the road is a race and you can't get in front of me
>changing lanes? fuck you, pick one and stick with it. here, i'll help you learn to sit in place and suffer just like me with my 10 meter SUV... with my 10 meter long SUV. welcome to my hell, faggot!

>they key

This is a meme, no one here actually damages cars they find. And I could respect someone in their thirties upward who conceivably could have made the money on their own to buy an exotic car, it's just someone in their teens or twenties owning this that's a red flag.

Except in a slum, you'll only do the gene pool a favor, but when you key a car you're only giving the rich cause to transfer wealth among themselves and just made your own problem worse.

>Chang is thinking of spending his money in a way that trickles down for the very first time in his life
>Some jealous racist poorfag snownigger keyed his porsche
>Nope time to pay a high end porsche approved bodyshop guy that lives in a mansion five grand to fix the paint
>Chang figures it was probably an albino cuck and goes out of his way to fuck with you even more now

>so I'm certain there's no way someone in their twenties could, alone by their own hand, afford a six figure car.

tyler, the creator is 26 and owns an E30 M3, a BMW E92 M3, a McLaren MP4-12C, and some Tesla.

>B-b-b-b-but he's a rapper

Hey you said "NO WAY someone in their twenties could , alone by their own hand, afford a six figure car"

So it is very possible but very rare.

>meme
I don't know that it is or isn't, but that's the argument being made here.

>only assholes drive those cars

You know not all of them are assholes

>so what, most of them are

>made your own problem worse
This post is clearly the work of someone trying to keep me down.

Damaging other people's property isn't gonna get you anywhere, user.

People hate other people's success even if it required a lot of hard work. Why buy a nice German luxury vehicle when you can get a Chevy/Ford/Dodge? Just think about how other people will think of you if you drive a nice car. Assuming you didn't go into significant amount of debt for a STEM degree, you could afford to finance a $60k car or lease a $100k car. Assuming you have a $1000/month car payment which would be 20% of your gross monthly income if you make $60k a year which is pretty low even for entry level engineers.

>that serial killer garage

I never think about the driver because I'm too busy admiring the car, faggot

>mfw 18 and own 2 miatas

Someone's got a victim complex

I'd build a car for me to enjoy based on speed and handling, fuck what ever someone else thinks.

Fucking faggots are the worst about this shit.

>gay and proud XD
>don't care what people think about my life style!
>omg have I mentioned today yet that I'm gay and people need to just deal with it??

Really hope they all get fucking aids and die, faggots are a disease on this planet. Burn them all

Depends on the driver. It's a pretty safe bet that the Asian 19 year old with spiked hair and a designer T shirt didn't earn the McLaren he's driving.

An old guy in a sports car or luxury vehicle, on the other hand, is just having fun with the sum of his efforts. Makes me feel sad for the high performance car that will never be used to even half of its potential, though.

>An old guy in a sports car or luxury vehicle, on the other hand, is just having fun with the sum of his efforts.

see

>19 yr old Asian guy
>"old guy"
There is no middle ground in this scenario?

>this

im saving my sheckels so i can have fun driving not to show off to faggots.

cant wait to do some sikk skidz and piss off boomers

we are on Veeky Forums. they don't like minorities owning nice things. Only old white people they have no relation to other than sharing the same skin color.

Yes. Two problems for me.
>I work in an area where 3 figure income co workers drive commuter shit boxes while wife has 60,000 SUV or guys with 60,000 f150 that think a mustang is a waste of money
They think BMW or even VW mega fancy cuz it's foreign, when I can get a lightly used 3 series for half of what the truck costs.
>I look young for my age
I had to cross 40 before I stopped getting "nice driving daddy's car" looks.

People where I work are very judgey about cars and will find ways to punish you if you look like your living too high. Even if your not. A used 20,000 Audi will be judged more harshly than a 45000 grand Cherokee.

What about not-so-old white people?
But not so young that it's obvious it could only have been given?
Looks like they'd fit the bill for using a fuckload more of the car's potential.

Yeah I know. Life isn't as black and white as Veeky Forums makes it out to be

plenty of people who are into cars of all ages and races can get whatever the fuck they want.

dude who owns pic related is some Asian-American family man who made his money in the Tech Sector in Silicon Valley