GT-R is becoming more dated and higher priced with each passing year

>GT-R is becoming more dated and higher priced with each passing year
>NSX underperforms in its price range and is out of reach for 99% of enthusiasts
>both are tech heavy 3900 pound barges well over 100k
>Supra is just a BMW with a Toyota badge and won't be worth owning past the warranty
>all of the above are auto-only because numbers and technology are more important than driver engagement
Is Mazda our last hope?

Other urls found in this thread:

carthrottle.com/post/bad-news-the-gt-r-nismos-astonishing-nurburgring-time-was-a-massive-lie/
blog.caranddriver.com/more-details-emerge-on-hondas-s2000-revival/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>rotary
no

>>GT-R is becoming more dated and higher priced with each passing year
Yeah but people still buy them in flocks.

>>NSX underperforms in its price range and is out of reach for 99% of enthusiasts
As if these poorfag enthusiasts are buying GTRs rightaway.

>>both are tech heavy 3900 pound barges well over 100k
Tech ain't cheap ya cheap faggot

>>Supra is just a BMW with a Toyota badge and won't be worth owning past the warranty
Do you have a special 6th sense or some shit?

>>>all of the above are auto-only because numbers and technology are more important than driver engagement
You still can have fun in an auto car. You are poorfag who can't reach to be in or drive these cars. Continue complaining.

>>>Is mazda our last hope?
Most don't even know.

>mazda
>supercar

pick only one

Honda is more likely and is very much considering bringing back the S2000 than Mazda is the RX7.

Honda (is) and (should) be your hope. they brought back the Civic Type R with great success and i don't see why the S2000 wouldn't be the same case. unlike Toyota Honda also designs all of their own performance platforms.

We should see an S2000 reveal at a 2018 auto-show.

Mazda wants to bring back the rotary but they won't be able to. If there's enough demand they may make some kind of piston powered high end sports car over the miata.
makes me sad too because the retarded government killed my dream of owning a rx7

>implying we want a supercar
Sports car under 60k please. Something a middle-class worker can afford.

Why don't you just buy a 4C or a Lotus Evora and 13B-swap that.

Evora is not 60k. A 4C cannot be daily driven. Neither automaker is known for their build quality.

You aren't getting a car that is at the same time "fast" "affordable" "lightweight" and "of autismo pleasing build quality".

Some of these will be sacrificed. You have the GT86 but for some that just isn't fast enough and its also within the price-range of much faster V6 mustangs and Camaros.

You have cars like the WRX STi but build quality on those is questionable even by reviewers and again, even that probably isn't as fast as you want a higher spec sports car from mazda to be.

Porsche Caymen is probably as close as you're ever going to get to fulfilling all categories.
if Mazda tried making what you're asking for it'd either have good build quality and good performance but out of reach or it'd have good performance good build quality and affordability but shitty reliability because they had to cut some corners on the rotary engine.

>4C cannot be daily driven
also id like to ask why?

carthrottle.com/post/bad-news-the-gt-r-nismos-astonishing-nurburgring-time-was-a-massive-lie/

>still shit posting about corvette vs gtr
lol

>"n-not true because it hurst my feelings"
>"PLS STOP SHITPOSTING!!!"

sperg more GM cuckold

>Nismo
>$180K
>2 years old
>beat the $50k corvette

wew

>anyone who is sick of hearing bus riders argue about what car is faster is instantly a gm cuck or a gook
i live in aus, i cant even get a corvette. sperg more

>We should see an S2000 reveal at a 2018 auto-show.
Bullshit
And if they do bring it back it will be bloated, so ugly it's a crime against humanity and will underperform for its price, just like they've showed us with the NSX and Civic Type R

Honda

If they unfuck the NSX, even moreso

>mods mods pls help me he is hurting my feelings!

lol

As of right now hydrogen is the rotary car's biggest hope

i didnt call for mods, they prob where sick of hearing the same shit aswell

>Bullshit
Its definitely a possibility.
blog.caranddriver.com/more-details-emerge-on-hondas-s2000-revival/
If we don't see it by 2018 then we can be sure it will never happen.
>And if they do bring it back it will be bloated, so ugly it's a crime against humanity
Are you implying the Best NSX is ugly? its so damn unbelievably sexy.
>and will underperform for its price
Has the Type R done that? what is so much faster for less than the Type R? the NSX is not supposed to be a bang for the buck performer either. it never was at any point in history. i also don't see how this could be a under performer. it will have over 300HP and being a 4 cylinder turbo roadster will likely weigh sub 3000 lbs or less so that would already make it as fast or possibly faster than an M2.
The NSX was never fucked. from what i heard though there could be an all-electric version.

Honda is our lord and savior.

For what it's worth we still have Honda and Subaru

is it even confirmed for rotary?
my expectations are so low at this point

It's not confirmed at all

>its so damn unbelievably sexy.
You're a fucking idiot if you think that looks good.

>post stale unfunny troll posts
>bitch about getting banned
Go back to reddit

>that
Are you referring to the Type R rendering? cause yes, the car itself is looks gorgeous from every angle.

the new nsx looks amazing
other than the front,it looks perfect
the front doesn't look bad,but underwhelming
the front definitely looks better with a plate

All versions of the NSX are hideous. It's what you call "over styled"
The design is busy, it's downright hard to look at

SAVE US MAZDA

BESTOW UPON THE WORLD HCCI ROTARY ENGINES WITH GOD-WILLED 6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS

>It's what you call "over styled"
You're what they call "shit taste" even its bones are sexy.

Pure electric or ICE NSX when

>honda fanboy fanboying

The rotary will return. Probably in 2021. In the meantime, it seems as though mazda sand it's swansong with the announcement of their HCCI development. Though others have dabbled in this tech, Mazda is really close to making a high compression powerful efficient engine and it's likely that they'll use it on an MX-5 platform. They also announce that they are not going to even get into electric vehicles. That's whats going to probably kill them off in the future but they'll go out with a bang. and if they do that why would they not make a rotary?

>Civic Type R with great success

hahahahahahahahahhaa

I thought the rotary was being tested as an ev range extender?

>Is Mazda our last hope?
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
are you serious?
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

>The automaker is working on a turbocharged rotary engine

Learn how to read sperg

>torque vectored rotary powered MX-5

MY DICK

not anymore.

>weight is a bad thing

>most likely application for the rotary would be as a range extender

sperg more rotard

Gee. If only somebody made an affordable, 3200lb RWD with a V8 and a manual that kept up with these cars...

>2013
Again, learn how to read you sperg

Are you american by any chance? That would explain your mental retardation

>2013
go to bed

>it doesn't count because it was a few years ago... even though it pretty much says the same thing as the article from last year

stay mad rotards, enjoy your rotary range extender on your hybrid

>Are you american by any chance? That would explain your mental retardation
This contributes nothing to the conversation. Actually worse than nothing because now some shitdick is going to call you a yuropoor and derail the entire thread because you had to speak up.

Kill yourself.

How does it feel to be this stupid? Do you sometimes forget to breath?

You know for a fact that someone would buy 3 EVs and make a 3-rotor out of it like 30 minutes after it hit US shores. Bored wealth is a powerful thing.

I think the problem is that Japanese car makers can't seem to figure out what made their sports cars so popular in the first place. The 80s and 90s Japanese sports cars were amazing. They catered to enthusiasts and most were affordable. The new era of Japanese sports cars are nothing like the legends they were built upon. What's even more interesting is just how different American sports cars are now. They used to be nothing but straight line cars, but now they offer so much more and in my mind have become what the Japanese sports cars used to be.

>that would explain your mental retardation
good one man