Hellow Veeky Forums

Hellow Veeky Forums
I'm new to car culture and am eastern europoor.
And I am planning on buying BMW because it is only RWD in my country(we are poor country). e46 to be specific. Is the car bad, I hear from friend it shits and brakes all the time but he is a faggot audi driver. If is bad can I get recommendation from BMW car owners.
Am very sorry for bad english, still learning.

Only affordable RWD that is, old people drive mercedes but they are pricy.

you can't even drift non amg Mercedes lol
OP just get an e46

I drift my C280 all the time and that just has a lower-mid range V6.

the newer models (post 2000) have an overly defensive DSC system that can't be fully switched off

I am thinking of buying diesel 3 liter 135kw, but like I mentioned. Everyone say am dumbass and wont be able to pay my repairs even though I work on my dads car and help him with things, have general idea about cars. He has a shitty 2000y passat TDI btw.
Is 2000 e46 good?

post 2001 models are better and have fewer suspension and subframe issues

330d e46 is great.
My friend has a 950.000km 2001 330d.
Very reliable.

I have an e46 with 150,000 miles on it that feels like a new car, just be sure to keep up with maintenance schedules so your water pump and coolant expansion tank dont randomly explode on you.

Are parts from latter models interchangeable right?
Very nice to hear but what about with corrosion, is it really bad, like one winter without washing you underbelly and its rust everywhere?

all e46 parts are interchangeable other than a few parts here and there from the 99-01 models

facelifted models like in your pic don't rust too much.
pre facelift models (1998-early 2001) do tend to rust

not sure on that I live in the US South where 2 inches of snow is considered a blizzard but since theyre designed for the euro market i doubt it has rusting issue from winter

snow doesn't cause rust,
salted roads do

we dont salt roads so we good either way

I'm buying not facelift. Something to look forward to I guess
Great!
Our winters are harsh, I guess I'll just wash it everyday.
I dont know what else to ask really, just want confirmation that is not bad.Another question, Is it fun to drive this car and are drift dank?

Good cars, but e39's are cheaper.

its easy to drift if you turn off the stability and traction control i did it the other day turning into my friends driveway

OP E46 is great fun. They can cost you a bit as far as maintenance goes though.

Do yourself a favour and grab one of the more affordable options, like a 330ci or something. Good power and control but also good to learn in.

why no volvo? pretty reliable, cheap as, lasts forever and is fun to drive, especially in shitty weather.
also, when you master drift in wonky 2 ton volvo with ruined suspension, you can drive any car afterwards.

older volvos are quite uncommon, parts are hard to get if you're not in sweden
they are good though.

It's 2 stage, you turn it off by holding dcs for 5 seconds.

still doesn't fully disable it.
I've owned a W211 and W204.