/Gigantic and mostly unnecessary SUV master race general/

/Gigantic and mostly unnecessary SUV master race general/

does anybody else really like the comfy feel of driving a huge suv for no reason? i really like them and i like the way they look and feel desu

post some cool pics of large and in charge suvs

Other urls found in this thread:

aandlimports.com/web/used/HUMMER-H2-2009-Colleyville-Texas/2014231/
seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ctd/d/2008-hummer-h2-luxury/6255682350.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

aw yeah thats the stuff my dudes

Out of the way, lightweights.

large

Yurocucks can never know this feel

and in charge

whoobs

why dont they just kill themselves desu

YEE HAW NIGGERS!!!!!

eww

At least these have SOME utility to them, what with the whole 'being a full size pickup with a different body' thing.

>tfw no low mileage 2003 7.3L turbodiesel Eddie Bauer Excursion

>the best suvs of all time have no utility

it truly is pure agony user

I want a H2 really really bad. They are just very interesting and I feel, under rated. Interesting in reading about the loopholes they used to avoid fuel economy and safety tests. Little hard to find but it's comfy watching these things off road and seem under rated in that area. It's living Americana that is still usable for what it was advertised for.

I was close to buying one, but can only afford the early models and the interior rattles are very bad, unacceptable for a daily. I can't wait to have one as a second car though.

Not an suv guy but I kind of like that Toyota put an extra row of seats in the back. Really smart. I think they might be the only ones.

>2003
>7.3L
user, are you okay? 2003 was the first year of the 6.blow

What can a Land Cruiser do that, say, a WJ can't?

>2017
>not realizing Suburbans have had third-row seating for several decades now

That's not even the same car, you stupid fuck

>What can a Land Cruiser do that, say, a WJ can't?
>dana 30s
this is a joke, right?

>The picture even says Highlander.

You don't think I know that?

How about not completely fall apart on the trail and road a like?
Wtf how is this even a comparison lmao
Jeep made a few decent trucks but the WJ is a complete piece of shit, that isnt even a debatable statement as almost no one disagrees with it.

Durango. Suburban. Pretty sure the Explorer has third-row available. Flex (although Flex isn't really an SUV).
Dead serious. Land Cruisers do not have any advantage over their competitors, even pieces of shit like the WJ. Pit one up against a Tahoe and you're BTFO, kid. Come back with a real SUV.

Goddamn lad, me too. Low mileage 2008-2009 models with the refreshed interior are selling for upwards of $100k. It's even becoming difficult to find early models with 120k+ miles that have been beat to shit for under $20k. In 20 years, good examples are going to be selling at Mecum and Barrett Jackson for over $200k, I have no doubt about it.

aandlimports.com/web/used/HUMMER-H2-2009-Colleyville-Texas/2014231/

>ignored the part about d30s being the weakest axle of all time
>a tahoe is better
holy shit i know this is bait but im triggered ill admit it

I've seen those. IDK why they're priced so high. But a decent 2008-2009 can be found for $35k.

seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ctd/d/2008-hummer-h2-luxury/6255682350.html

>all that space for activities
its like yuropoors dont even appreciate comfort

GET OUT OF MY FUCKING WAY PRIUS, I AM LARGER THAN YOU. I WILL FUCKING EAT YOU.

Me on the right.

>shortlets

I habe a 2002 mercury mountaineer and yeah its pretty kickass. Ive taken it off roading tons of times and it does alright as long as its not too gnarly. It was the party wagon among my friends. Nice and plush suspension, soft tires, and torquey low end. Love the body roll.

>31 replies
>no Land Rovers

2016 Highlander owner here, it's pretty much a minivan but without the minivan stigma. Pretty decent for offroading and laughing at snowbanks when you turn off traction control and lock the center diff.

They said SUV
not SUC

>not having the Excursions cheaper little brother, the Expedition
>17ft long
>over 2.5 tons
>three rows with ample legroom

GM cucks just can't compete.

Only reason it was 17 ft and 0.6 of an inch long in 1997 is because there were no dedicated SWB and LWB models, so they situated it between the GM full size SUVs dimension-wise. The Tahoe at the time was six inches shorter, the Suburban twelve inches longer.

Speaking of which, Suburban is love and in fact also life.

>why is there no absolute piece of shit in this thread about cool cars?
kys

damn crazy saudis

The explorer does have 3rd row available from 2002 on. Pic related, my eddie bauer, 4.6l 4x4.

Whoops

hows that 5r55w treating ya

180k w/ original trans. Original owner never towed, and had a shift kit installed. Shifts just fine, knock on wood.

that's good. I was turned off by some of the horror stories so I just ended up with a 5.0 with the 4r70w

Is that Steve1989 off mreinfo.com?

I had an 03 Expedition Eddie Bauer in hunter green that I traded in 2009 for an H3.

Still regret the shit out of it.

Heh, those horror stories are real. I had a '00 mountaineer before, that got wrecked by some old woman crossing 3 lanes of traffic without looking in her Camry.

It was originally bought brand new by my grandfather with a 5r55, and he towed his ~20' boat all the time cross state and to canada sometimes too. Well, he nuked the first one at 30k miles, and when it became my uncles at one point, he needed to replace another one again at about 130k miles. My father, who remans transmissions for a living told him to get a 4r70 instead - saying the 5r55 has no business being in that vehicle. I had a hard time finding a good 2nd gen, so my 02 will have to do. Besides, its a college DD for me, it does its job.

I want to buy a 2010+ Suburba/Yukon XL for my wife as her next car. Are they reliable? Dont care about shit MPGs.

Get a 6.0 w/ a 4l80e. Pretty solid vehicle.

is that a feature on the older ones too or just the new ones?

>being this much of a faggot