0-60 in under 6 seconds

>0-60 in under 6 seconds
>still call it slow

what is with this meme

Would you call it fast?

it's slow compared to some other cars you can get for the same price

i still want the rf though

Of course.

Umm a stock pickup does it in under 6. For a "sports car" that's pretty fucking pathetic.

I almost fell for the Miata Meme and went to test drive one a few months ago. Definitely 2slow4me.

fast =/= quick

>slower than a pigfat turbo 4 mustang

Yes it's still hilariously slow

i believe this says more about the mustang than it does the miata

Aren't miatas like 25k? The golf R goes 0 to 60 in just under 5 seconds, and they go for 30k

An Accord does it in 5 seconds

Tru but the stang feels like shit to drive unlike the miata which provides an intimate, thrilling drive. Although I still agree that the miata is overpriced,

getting hung up on things like it being a "sports car" is how i know your IQ is below 80.

...You mean a GTI? Golf R is 36k, bro. GTI def doesn't doing it in under 5s, either.

i wonder what a modern miata's 0-60 would be like on 90s tires

>pick up designed for other uses than going fast
>sports car designed for performance, this including GOING FAST

Are you a manlet? It seems all miata drivers are manlets

t. 400lbs

that car sucks

>I dont know the difference between height and weight

Spotted the manlet. Whats it like being shorter than most girls?

going fast in a straight line is pretty boring though

Not as boring as going slow in a straight line at 4000rpm. Even a truck will triple the speed limit in the twisties.

man, that is pretty embarrassing. They aren't even trying anymore

Miata looks way better though imo.

It's shit, considering that for the same price you can have a V8 stang. And some minivans are faster than this POS

only for american sports car.
Rest of world has these things called "corners" and you'd be hard pressed to find a car that handles anywhere near as well as gt86 or nd in their price range.

You only get upset about 0-60 times because you're either a benchracing faggot or some retard who is so shit at driving they can only stoplight """""""race""""""
For cornering ND is absolutely fantastic

You clearly have never driven a car outside of city traffic or the highway.

There is more to going fast and having fun than on paper power and 0-60 sprints.

a fucking i6 e90 has impossible time keeping up with an sw20 in the twisties in reality.
Your truck will roll in a corner that for miata is considered a straight line

>Whats it like being shorter than most girls?
Not him but i'm thinking id one day get a face full of tits if hugged by one so i never saw it as being all bad.

You have speed cameras every 50 feet. Don't pretend like you can get the full performance out of a sports car on the streets.

I can almost double the speed limit in the turns in a 26' 5ton box truck. You're delusional if you think you need a sports car to do that.

>a fucking i6 e90 has impossible time keeping up with an sw20

Because it's a 200whp 4000+lb piece of shit. Even if a truck needs to slow way down for the turns he'll still murder you coming out of the turns and with the 6 piston calipers than you can get on the Silverados you'll probably out-break him too. Trucks have been keeping up with cars for quite some time.

I doubt a box truck could go round 30km hairpin at 60 and not either understeer or tip, but lets assume it can.

That still doesn't make it as fun as a sports car if your hypothetical truck can't let you do a perfect heel-toe downshift, turn in confidently with no body roll, feel the rear end plant and the revs build as you come out of the corner and go to the next. Just because thing Y can do the same as thing X doesn't make them equally fun, engaging or satisfying.

While maybe you could understeer your way around a corner as fast as an MX-5, it's not going to be the same experience.

And the fact that cars like the MX-5, BRZ, etc. have not that much power means you can use all or most of the performance of it on the street and not go to jail or get a giant thicket, even if there are speed cameras every 50 feet. They are more fun at 9/10s of their limit than a Ferrari at 4/10s, even if that 9/10s is slower.

>gmc syclone
does that really count

Well you can't fucking sperg out NOT PRODUCTION so I'd say it does.

a truck designed specifically for the purpose of performance both in a straight line and in corners does not = all trucks are good enough to handle corners

>stang has double the Hp & Torque
>only 2 seconds faster
seems pretty good for the miata