Convince me to not buy a Challenger R/T, Veeky Forums. I'm a recently graduated engineer making $75k

Convince me to not buy a Challenger R/T, Veeky Forums. I'm a recently graduated engineer making $75k.

Other urls found in this thread:

worcester.craigslist.org/cto/d/dodge-challenger-ground-up/6225248836.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it's a one dimensional pig

>he fell for the engineering meme

Enjoy your unemployment

buy a house instead.

Because the 6.4L is better.

Buy a Scat Pack with Dynamics Package.

idk, doesn't seem sensible to spend that much
plus the R/T is legendary, Kowalski and all that

It's just a name. Would you prefer the name you want or the better driving experience?

I'll get a mortgage, makes more sense due to the rates I get

So 50k after tax
Less your student loans
Less the high costs of living because a fresh graduate won't break 40k anywhere where it isn't super expensive to live
Eh.. I guess you could afford it.

>Scat Pack
>Scat

Could it have a more disgusting name?

it's $75k after tax plus benefits

Scat Pack still has the R/T Badge.

This.

Got mine $38k out the door.

Scat as in fast, not your closet fetish.

Do you own a farm, field, or lawn?

I heard it's great for moving down large groups of peop...plants

But in all honestly..

Go sit in one.. it's fucking enormous. so are the chargers. you will be driving a boat

Buy a house first.

>scat pack
>offered on shit cars

Do it. I'll probably do the same when I finish my mechy degree next year. If you can get a newer one with the 8sp auto, it's great in and out of traffic.

Might get a charger instead tho, 4drs yada yada.

Like "git", it's something you'd yell at a farm animal to get them to get out of your way. Or maybe it's an acronym, but I've never heard what it stands for. Like the STi, a victim of being named in innoncence.

>Go sit in one.. it's fucking enormous. so are the chargers. you will be driving a boat
that's what's so great about them
and the Charger isn't that big, it's not even a true full-size

>get a newer one
>with the 8sp auto
Fag!

>If you can get a newer one with the 8sp auto, it's great in and out of traffic.
Why would I do that to myself?
This might be my last chance to drive, I'm not gonna blow it by buying an autotragic no matter how fast it shifts. I'll have plenty of time to let machines drive my car in the future.

get used to it princess, finding manuals on newer DDs is getting to be a nightmare.

So hillbillies came up with the name? Cause us normal suburban and city folk think of shit

>Convince me to not buy a Challenger R/T
get a SRT Demon instead :^)

Challenger interior is cavernous, I love it.

It's an old term, and you would, you degenerate.

If you're looking to be alive, why TF are you buying a new one? Buy a shitbox DD and build an old one with a roots blower and a 4spd.

Be a bitch or don't, make the choice.

>us normal suburban and city folk
It wasn't named for you goddamn yankees, it was named for hot rodders

>settling with an auto
Do people really do this? Wait it out or drive a bit for the right car instead of being a dumbass regretting it 6 months later

Idk man. I'm just not a fan of it.

The interior is the size of a Chrysler 300 or felt like it.

But honestly OP. Buy a used Camaro SS 1LE, or a 5.0, or a Corvette, even a GTO.

Also don't listen to the people who tell you shit about buying a car.

YOU Need a car. You're going to buy one regardless. spend an extra 5-15k on a car you can't take your eyes off when you park.

>buy r/t
>put a nice procharger on it
>get 500+ out of it
>costs hundreds if not thousands less a year

Because I can get custom options and a more powerful engine. I hadn't considered the idea of getting a 70s one though, might look into it. I'd expect the boomer tax to make it impossible to afford and insure though.

You will look like an autistic nazi larper if you own one.

Butt hurt libtard major detected.

Elaborate

>buy r/t
>lose warranty
>oops

You can put a blower on the 392 and get Hellcat power, what's your point?

i couldn't imagine actually owning a demon or hellcat, especially since people DD hellcats a lot

every on-ramp I would hear "GO PUSSY, DO IT PUSSY"

>GM
thanks but no thanks user

>lose warranty from a bolton

lmao

you can get an extended warranty with no maintenance schedule

what did he mean by this?
>You will look like an autistic nazi larper if you own one.
huh?

>More powerful engine
>Than a roots blown built big block mopar

lol k.

You could buy a shit one, have it blasted, painted, crate engine and new suspension/interior and MAYBE be the same cost as a new challenger.

If you want to justify buying a new shitbox instead of building an old one, don't use cost as the justifying factor. Just say "I'm a bitch and want a newer car with luxury comforts but want a manual because that makes me feel like less of a cuck until the guy pulls up next to me at the stoplight with an oldschool big block blown 4spd"

Watch the news.

I doubt that would happen. A hellcat looks almost identical to your run of the mill challenger. Only Mopar fanboys would know what a Demon is.

>comfort, safety, power, MPGs

Classic cars require you to have a second car as a DD.

there's other things to consider like safety, fuel economy, reliability
I looked up the classic Challenger R/T and you can get one with a 383 for $55k though, I won't say it isn't tempting.

not who you're replying to, but a small block chebby of the same size as a hemi puts out more HP, but a lot less lower end torque

that's on a true hemi though, not the new pentroof hemis

>2017
>using roots over screw

>making $75k.
So you should be buying a car that's 14k... Enjoy your life up debt trying to keep up with others.

lol, stop projecting so hard
I don't care about others, I just want a cool car to enjoy. As a civil engineer I have to drive a lot, might as well do it in an American muscle car.

If you're going to consider the R/T and plan to keep it without modifying it, just get lifetime/unlimited miles warranty.

>More powerful engine
>Than a roots blown built big block mopar

LMAO there are small block chevys making 800 at the tire by swapping injectors, valvesprings, cam, and adding a chinese turbo. By the time you get a big block mopar and blower you could've had a nine second LS powered shitbox

The name is old, before the degeneracy of "city folk" ruined the word.

Get a Mustang instead. It's cheaper and it looks a bit like a Jaguar F-type.

Let's do some math.

75K * 5 years= $450,000

Rent * 5 years= $100,000
Car * 5 years= $35,000
Car Insurance= $5,000
Health Insurance *5 years= $15,000 (Work may pay for this)
IRA/Life Insurance/Investments * 5 years $75,000-$100,000

$450,000 - $255,000 = $245,000 remaing

No need to defend yourself against a bunch of people who ride the bus OP

Wow they're both white coupes so alike

> buying a car worth half or more of your yearly income

sounds like a bad idea

YOLO

yeah but you can get something fast and fun for a lot less if you dont mind it being a little older

The Scat Pack is still interested the R/T trim. It's a better, newer engine over all. Kowalski had the 440, not any of the lesser engines.

Even with income tax, you're still investing in an IRA + investments, OP will be doing fine.

People who earn even less money and most likely in more debt than OP buy a $20,000.00 Camry new, and a $200,000.00 30-yr fixed mortgage at 9%.

Not every case is so black and white.

Additionally, what happened to buying a car to enjoy, go fast in the twisty bits, and paying for a HOBBY you enjoy.

We tend to forget about those moments when the sight of looking at our cars in the parking lot give us boners from knowing that we get to take her home that nite.

Or you can just throw away all your hopes and dreams OP whatever you prefer

Also, don't buy a charger lul pic related

Or OP could save his money for a down payment for a house instead of a depreciating asset.

This is Veeky Forums

Not Veeky Forums Not /HGTV/ Not Motley Fool Not Suze Orman

But whatever. Fine OP Don't buy a car. Go buy a house.

you make a compelling case, plus that throws the classic out. I can't really justify a 440 to myself.
>Additionally, what happened to buying a car to enjoy, go fast in the twisty bits, and paying for a HOBBY you enjoy.
THIS, so much this
>it looks a bit like a Jaguar F-type.
lol is this some meme? The stang looks neat though.
I'll also make a 15k downpayment so that brings the liability even lower
I have 70k saved. I'll be fine. I'll buy a smallish house first to rent it after I'm done paying it and get a house where I'm able to raise a family.
lol

lebbitors can complain about FCA all they want, that Chrysler lifetime warranty is basically bumper to bumper and it's a fucking steal
true...OP, seriously consider buying an older SRT8 and putting a blower on it. if you're also considering that warranty, almost anything with 48k miles and 4 years or less qualifies for lifetime iirc

>go buy a house
>go get married
>gotta have kids
>gotta save up for kids college
>gotta think about your retirement
>gotta think about what you're leaving your kids when you die

When does one get to have fun?

>responding to busriders

Go find a used Challenger with a 392 so the dealer lets you drive it.

Let me know if you still want the 345 after that..

>I can't really justify a 440 to myself.
Oh, shit, I spoke too soon. Turns out I can get one for 60k
worcester.craigslist.org/cto/d/dodge-challenger-ground-up/6225248836.html
Still, I need the reliability to be in the sites in time. I think a newer car would be a wiser choice.
IDK, a SRT8 seems kinda overkill
plus my motivation is part larping as Kowalski in country roads lel, and he had a R/T
Sometimes you just gotta say, "What the fuck!"

If I didn't need the reliability I'd buy a 348 and be done with it

>Risky Business
might I suggest a Porsche, OP?

Thanks but turning a hooker into my gf and running a brothel at home isn't on my plans for the future

>le autotragic

You take memes on Veeky Forums too personal. Kill yourself feggit

>Convince me to not buy a Challenger R/T
Easy, the interior quality is shit

better than camaro XD

This lol
Plus the newer ones aren't really bad. And it's huge inside.
>memes on Veeky Forums
I've always driven a manual and I'm certain that an automatic transmission would rob me of driving pleasure. That's a no-go for me. And Kowalski had a manual if I recall correctly.

It was a 4 speed manual with a Hurst pistol grip faggot

Woah calm your tits

>unemployment
>Making 75k
Reading comprehension nigger.

>replying to b8

that engineering will come in handy after 2k miles

I'd get a job first and then wait a few months to see if the job is going to last and then think about it. Do you actually need to replace the car you're driving now? If you don't hang on to it until you do.

nice meme, fag

Kill yourself you fucking piece of cancerous trash. Do some fucking research yourself.

>triggered

Until we know your finances, our opinions are meaningless. Chances are though that you can't afford it

Test drive an R/T and then a Scat Pack. I promise you the difference is unbelievable. And you can find Scat Packs for a little over $30k.

If you do, you'll be driving a NAZI HATE SYMBOL.

He said convince me to not buy one, not convince me to do

Its a boat but still fun to drive. Had mine for for around 3 years and other than the sunroof leaving headroom for me slightly lacking I love the car.

As a side note if you get lots of snow get a beater to drive. Fucking sucks in snow. I got my wife a new car and started driving her 2007 Impala on days with snow because it was a little scary sometimes.

Scat pack refers to a group of cars mopar made in the late 60s and early 70s. Only the fastest cars were part of the pack. Mopars original scat pack included these cars
In 68 it was
Charger r/t, cornet r/t, dart gts, the superbee,
In 70 they included the challenger and the charger Daytona.
The original scat pack was a club for those who owned these cars. There was a newsletter and get togethers.
And now you know.

Not if you buy it from mopar parts and have a dealer install it.

damn user, that looks fucking nice
almost makes me want a SRT but I'm too much of a larper and I'm obsessed with a white R/T

>not getting winter tires instead

>winter tires magically make an undrivable car drivable

almost 500 at the crank and you honestly think a rwd car is drivable in the snow