Best place to /drive/

Is western North Carolina the best place to live if your an Veeky Forumsutist?

Where else has roads as beautiful and twisty as these?
>pic related only a couple miles from my new house

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Xl4_RtrITI0
youtube.com/watch?v=5jGldmarDcU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

more pron

The Smokies and surrounding areas are pretty top notch.

A road 3 miles from where I live.

youtu.be/Xl4_RtrITI0

CA if it wasn't for our shitty government

I live in denver and literally any two lane road into the mountains is extremely curvy, usually fairly empty and is damn beautiful because muh rockies and muh red rocks.

CA is a meme. Oregon is better in literally every way.
>t. californian who moved away

The Dolomites in Northern Italy

>have nice roads
>poorfag redneck locals driving slow in their beat to shit vehicles spewing exhaust fumes
shit sucks

why is Oregon better than California? Serious question.

Elaborate more than >hurr spics, taxes etc

>better road surfaces
>cheaper gas, by a considerable amount
>less population
>same coast
>less emissions regulation
>vapes brah
oregon was top tier.

What about washington

also good but you see the sun less. you can street register a 500cc 2t dirtbike in washington casually. That makes it pretty fucking neat in my book.

Ha! Better road surfaces...

Maybe on the coast.

>living in central oregon or central or eastern cali
delet urself

but roads near corvallis, suburbs of portland and most of the cascades where good. you just fail to underestimate how shitty californian roads are

Where is the worst place?
Florida?

>not just going around them in the many straights with legal passing lanes
most of the time, in my experience anyways, they will pull over, or slow down, if you're in anything other than a shitbox or truck and let you by. The town I'm moving back to (lived there for 8 years before I was able to drive) has like 2500 people and most of them know that people go there for the driving experience and generally just like to not be in the way.

Now, somewhere outside of Nantahala I can't speak for. I can only imagine the asshats you get around the tourist trap locations like Deals Gap and Blue Ridge.

Central California coast is probably as good as it gets, just gotta go at 6 AM before it gets touristy.

Less sun sounds like a perk to me

Southwest Virginia is pretty close, got a 40 mile stretch of windy mountain road that's completely dead at night just 10 minutes away from where I live

Florida is the worse
Everything is flat and no turns, just a grid of roads and stoplights.

e

Not seeing the sun for 5/8 of a year fucking sucks.

I can definitely see why, but I don't really mind things being cold and cloudy

Cold is fine, but there's a reason Seattle has more suicide than anywhere else

driving through the smokey mountains leading to Tennessee is one of my favorite driving moments ever

/thread

I've never been to NC but I might have a chance to move to Greensboro for work. Are the roads really that great? Where I live is absolutely shit for fun driving so that may be a nice plus.

>florida has a 4
Literally retarded
/stop

How does /out/ relate to Veeky Forums?

The commutes between small towns are mostly where the fun is. Like between franklin and highlands.
youtube.com/watch?v=5jGldmarDcU

Also the people up there aren't pieces of shit like in big cities and the outdoors are pretty cool too.

Overall it's a very patrician place to live