NASCAR runs 10% of their races on road courses

NASCAR runs 10% of their races on road courses.

So why doesn't F1 run 10% or their races on an oval?

Personally, I think the drivers are too pussy to do so. The wall would freak them right the fuck out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zf5yDcyDDGU
youtube.com/watch?v=zDeXGoUsNT8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZUHEAqPxrP4
youtube.com/watch?v=bldWv4fbnaY
youtube.com/watch?v=5UgObvliqFU
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talladega_Superspeedway
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_GT-R
youtube.com/watch?v=qP6oJGiX-Ds
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you say so.

I read upon on the difference between INDY and F1 to learn if they ever were on par with one another performance wise and there
was mention that because of ovals, INDYs are heavier and have different structure to them.
One reason why is because all the European fans would scream how Liberty media is dumping F1 down with Ovals because leave
it to Europeans to accuse others of being ignorant while unironically being ignorant of their own ignorance.

oval racing is boring as shit

Maybe they just don't want to watch people drive in a circle 500 times.

again
>if you say so

tbqh there should be F1 rally (1-2 times a year), since cars have so much downforce and can take corners at 5.5G

have there been any f1 cars at the pike's peak hillclimb since it became all tarmac?

Indy car has oval and road course

F1 was doing jumps a the burger king right up till the early 1980s
close as it gets to rally in recent times

6" from a wall at 50mph vs 6" from the wall at 190mph is two entirely different things.

notice how the wall there doesn't allow you to do that, meaning you actually have to put some skill into maneuvering the car as fast as possible

because then it was indy car racing.

>Implying there's no skill in driving on an oval

Lollollo

Are there any rally cars built with extreme aero in mind? Everything these days just looks like riced hatchbacks.

Hillclimb seems to be what you're looking for

Yeah, but they're standard cars bodykitted out for smooth tarmac. Is there some kind of equivalent where people race cars like that jacked up a foot on rough terrain?

The old Pikes Peak hillclimb was part tarmac, part dirt.

Yeah, you have to try and not fall asleep.

>One reason why is because all the European fans would scream how Liberty media is dumping F1 down with Ovals because leave
>it to Europeans to accuse others of being ignorant while unironically being ignorant of their own ignorance

Spot on

t. european

Speaking of, this is perhaps one of my favorite pikes peak videos ever
youtu.be/zf5yDcyDDGU

Never been to a race before, huh?

>implying they have ovals in europoor
what did you expect? they need to drive on city streets half the time, they don't even have enough genuine racetracks for f1

This is so deliciously '90s.

Not to a racing driver

Also fuck your bait thread

what did he mean by this ?

tbqh I think we should just have a motorsport where we take the worst convicts in prison and put them in high octane, V8 stock cars with minimal safety in them and have them drive on stupid hard courses and have the audience vote to turn off safety things like ABS, traction control levels, etc. every lap

Yes it's very different, in the first example you have to come down from a high speed, hit the extremely narrow apex, and accelerate out without spinning or crashing. In the second example you're maintain a near constant speed on a near constant bearing on an extremely wide track where you can always pull away from the wall if you want.

Kinda hard to pull away from the wall when you're 3 wide...

These things are built from the ground up for downforce and cornering. The whole car is basically a wing.

youtube.com/watch?v=zDeXGoUsNT8

youtube.com/watch?v=ZUHEAqPxrP4

>ywn watch modern F1 use the full Monza circuit

>ywn watch an F1 car on Talladega Superspeedway and see what kind of speeds it can reach and how many Gs it pulls on those 30+ degree banked turns

Too bad those vacuum cleaners will never sound this glorious.

youtube.com/watch?v=bldWv4fbnaY

>pushrod fangirl believes this sounds good

true
i got to go see nascar qualifying at sonoma raceway a while ago, man those cars sound awesome in person

Nascars are more powerful and faster than both f1 cars and lemans.

>mfw this b8.

That's not saying much. F1 and LeMans are /lgbt/.

I was never interested enough in NASCAR to know they did actual courses too.

And they can be set up to actually turn in both directions too. 5 seconds faster than a Radical R for comparison.

youtube.com/watch?v=5UgObvliqFU

>slower than GTR

so this is the power of pushrods

That's pretty neat. I've yet to find any professional racing that I can really get into, but this is okay.

The nascars went faster than the GTR this year. Nice try.

*citation needed*

not this year but close enough
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talladega_Superspeedway
>top NASCAR speed at Talladega: 216 mph
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_GT-R
>Motor Trend GTR max speed: 195 mph
get fucked, scum

/thread

also keep in mind NASCAR is running restrictor plates, and can theoretically go much faster, because going even this fast on the oval is too dangerous for spectators

F1 cars are designed for cornering have you seen the difference between an Indycar and a F1 car indycar has 90's f1 aero. Nascars are just an archaic pushrod v8 that can run at 10k for hours on end. Ovals are technical but boring and don't test the limits of engineering.

>a chink RC electric car is more powerful than any nascar

Yet it is 10 seconds slower than an F1 car
youtube.com/watch?v=qP6oJGiX-Ds

Why not go full retard and do a 24h endurance oval?

a pushrod v8 running at 10k rpm for hours is pretty impressive

>No goodwood hillclimb

>Nascar had restrictor plates in goodwood
*Citation needed*

Because nascar isn't an equivalent to F1. Only the USA runs banked oval courses. Only hick circledrive has to defend it.

But sure, race NASCAR on F1 circuits. See how those fucktards can handle Monaco.

Rally courses aren't straight enough for aero to matter. Proper aero needs a smooth, flat surface to stick to, and off-road terrain will not give that.

F1 ran at Indy about 10 or so years ago. NASCAR straight fucking smoked them. Wasn't even comparable. But then of course, Indycars fucking smoke Nascar, so there's that.

Oh, and the NASCAR 2nd tier series runs at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve .

Like an F1 race with 0.5 overtakes is any more exciting.

>Muh NASCAR
>It needs skill bro I swear
>Entertaining

The rest of the world allways laughs at americuck entertainment, from jew directed movies, to handegg.