Talk about what you've done to your car lately. Talk about plans for your car. Talk about your car

Talk about what you've done to your car lately. Talk about plans for your car. Talk about your car.

Other urls found in this thread:

summitracing.com/parts/flo-815430s?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-flowmaster&gclid=CjwKCAjwt8rMBRBOEiwA2F2biBtM9LmU-g5ZyWp7pTTW1Gq_d60nF4CWsy89j5P2qCsyUl3agvgS6hoCypMQAvD_BwE
m.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g1130r?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-summit-racing&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqf3S953c1QIVmIqzCh30wgR-EAQYAyABEgJ89vD_BwE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Old engine was worn out. Replacing with roller 5.0 and FMX from a 65 Ford that I sure hope is still good after sitting

Not much, buying parts to replace a few things. Driveshaft bearings, maybe a thermostat. Changing gearbox oil soonish. And have to weld a hole.

Got some new tires cause the old ones were dry rotted. New battery, air filter, coolant reservoir, stopped transmission leak, replaced a few blown fuses, bunch of other small stuff. Only had it for a week. Ordered plugs/wires, new radiator, temp gauge, and fuel pressure gauge. Need to freshen up the cooling system, figure out why it's misfiring, bleed the brakes, hook up the parking brake, and touch up the paint. Then I've got to (probably) replace the transmission, bunch of suspension work, and fix up the interior. My end goal is to swap out the 350 for a Pontiac motor

>My end goal is to swap out the 350 for a Pontiac motor
455 or you're an fagit

Course

>plans
Give her a deep thorough cleaning. Interior, exterior, engine bay, you name it. No idea where my car wash soap is since I just moved, but I guess that's incentive to clean out my garage too. Gotta vacuum the carpets, clean the trim, hit the leather multiple times, vacuum and wash the lining in the boot, vacuum and wash the boot cover, finish cleaning the center console, and pick up a new towel for use exclusively in the engine bay.

>what you've done to your car lately
removed rust from subframe
repainted subframe
>plans for your car
Increase compression from 10,5:1 to 11-11,5:1
clean injectors
weld rusted muffler holding piece
>Talk about your car
I got 3,5 L/100km lately, but I can do more...

>Talk about what you've done to your car lately.
driven it

>plans
Purchase floor pans and rig up a saddle type thingy to mount them because the floor/support over the crankshaft is heading the way of the dodo as well and I don't fucking trust it.

Pull the doors off to strip and sand them.

Sand blasting the good hinges tonight.

*hood hinges.

I fucking love my ride, doesn't look that big but it can without a problem transport whole family and the speed is almost the same with that many people inside.
Recently when I stopped to get some people on board and the engine just turned off, so that worried me quite a bit, but it seems all fine right now, must've been single time accident
The only real problem it has, is that it's quite cold inside in winter, but that's not really a problem.
I've been planning what to do with it and making some small adjustments here and there. Basically I spend some money once a month to make it better and keep it moving.
Spent a little fortune on it already and I'm not quite sure if it was worth it, but what was done, is done and I'll just have to keep it

Woops, forgot the picture of my beauty

clutch went at the last event. Kinda broke now. Just sold my tow rig, gonna be getting a new one soon.

>FMX
spend a few hundred and get a C4

I have a couple laying around, but the FMX was really good and has a shift kit in it. rip aluminum housing

Restoring a 1998 Lexus GS400 to as close to stock as I can. After ricers beat the shit out of it since birth...

Yesterday I changed my wiper blades.

wot car?

Aygo

Cleaned up, paint scuffs and waxed the front bumper, sanded the rust off my bumper jacket welds. Next step is to fix some paint bubbles in the roof, then clay bar and polish the entire paint

put this

car is dissembled and waiting for paint
then I'll get started

hoping to pick up my first project car soon, pic related

>shitty car I bought to learn restoration on

done some welds on the car after practicing on sheet metal coupons
to me they came out decent, they didn't penetrate good at the back but didn't blow holes through at all and grind flat and smooth.. but from my view I can just grind the front good, paint it over both sides then put shit over the back to make it flat if needed to look nice. the welds are still strong enough either way from trying to bend and hammer the practice coupons I did and the welding is only in areas where it's just thin sheet on the exterior and doesn't matter with strength

the next work I do is removing spot welds and removing peices, fabricating patch repairs and welding in, then reattaching it all.

also bought a 2nd angle grinder so I have one for cutting and one for grinding/sanding/wirebrushing, just switch between either when I want to use. makes it a way easier and worth spending 50 dollars on another instead of spending 2 minutes switching a disc to switch again 5-10 minutes later if I just had 1 angle grinder. then if I was doing that a heap of times every tiime I was doing work on the car it saves a heap of time
atm I just switch the plug into the socket but I could probably just use a power board and keep them both plugged in and pick up one or the other when ever I want to use it.

In the last month:

>New headlights
>New plate lights
>New third brake light
>New parking brake cables, lever, boot
>New rear calipers, rotors, pads
>New front calipers, hoses
>New rear window trim
>New clutch, flywheel, shift fork, pivot, clutch cable, shift boot
>New power steering rack
>New shocks, quad shocks, struts
>Washed, clayed, and waxed

Still need to replace the swaybar bushings, get it aligned, and replace the timing chains, chain guides, and oil pump. Oh, and get some rust fixed.

>Done
Oil change
>Plans
I really want to get my hands on subframe connectors and an intake manifold. A FAST 90mm is worth at least 20 hp over an LS1 intake.

>A FAST 90mm is worth at least 20 hp over an LS1 intake.
If the rest of the engine is tuned for it including the cam, then a bigger throttle body may contribute 20 hp to the overall gains. Otherwise it will just kill your bottom end.

From 3.8 to 6.9l, what is that engine?

Well I would get it retuned after, but I'm still on a stock cam.

I pained the back black with a rattle can temporarily til i get a new paint job. Damn thing is so ghetto

>stock cam
Don't bother with a larger TB.

>plans for your car
the scrap yard
>Talk about your car
it's garbage

That's a 20 year old car. And it would have lasted another 20 if you hadn't chimped out and overheated it.

what? it still runs fine (except for weird gurgles when stopped and in gear on hot days)

I replaced my steering stabilizer today. I can't wait until it rusts to match.

>20 years old
>runs fine
>it's a complete piece of shit Dad!

my parents like that car even less than i do, dummies think it'll break if i try to go anywhere further than ~20 miles away in it

Hell yeah a blogpost thread.

plans:
Koni coilover set with camber plates and what not. After a few trackdays I feel like it's time to upgrade my suspension.

Slotted rotors, maybe some custom two-piece rotors with an aluminum central hub for enhanced cooling. Upgrading my calipers is a pain in the ass and they seem to do fine, for now. However I cooked a bearing one track day so now I'm paranoid about heat soaking through my rotors into my bearings

Oil-water intercooler because I'm paranoid about my oil temps cooking my oil which is known to happen when racing these engines (20v 4age)

Some aero mods like a front splitter and closing up the face of the car around the radiator so there's less drag. The amount of airflow that goes to the radiator well behind the radiator causes the car to be fairly unstable in excess of 90mph since it's all being diverted downwards. It also reduces the cars top speed by a lot. I'm pretty sure the suspension upgrades and lowering the car will do more for high speed stability than blocking off around the radiator.

Some weight reduction, not much. I plan on replacing the coolant piping with aluminum tubing for extra cooling capacity and weight saving.

And last I plan on redoing the shitty exhaust shop job and DIYing my own exhaust which should give me a bit more flow

Finally painted it this weekend. Very pleased with how it turned out being my first real paint job. I have a bit of work to do to the bed before I paint it.

Nice. That's a lot of plans
Looks awesome, love the 79s. I Blacked™ the headlight buckets and mirrors since I'm waiting on gaskets to come in

Got thos gorgeous thing a few weeks ago.

Replaced the lower ball joints (cunt of job)
Replaced lh tie rod

Seat locks are vacuum operated and this will be a fucking niggtmare to trace, probably a 5 minute job to replace.

havent done much to it this year. rigged up a ram-air brake ducting system where my fog lights used to be. reconnected my meth injection setup. drove it maybe 6 or 7 times and took it to a cars and coffee. taking some pto for track time in october. going to try to make it to a few street nights too.

nicee. not a fan of the blacked out lights, but.. nicee.

also nice. motor rebuilt before sitting? looks clean. id probably still fire it up before tossing it in though (not that itd be a whole lot of work yanking it back out).

My dad and I did a thing last week.

bought some UMI LCA relocation brackets, BMR double adjustable panhard bar, and BMR poly lower control arms.
Probably not putting them on car for a few weeks yet though, too many other little projects going on. Need to replace clutch, clutch cable, brakes, and tire on my R6.

before

also picked up a 96 z28 lt1 car for $1600. nothing wrong besides some interior pieces and the thing is just fucking filthy.
Been cleaning on it for the last week and fixing minor things around the interior and daily driving it.
Engine bay was most challenging. It isnt perfect but at least now it looks like a somewhat maintained 150k mile LT1 rather than like its been sitting under a tree for the last 10 years.

after

you know its funny. ive always been a camaro guy. ive owned two 3rd gens and a 2nd gen. when i was little i used to like these early 4th gens. then they became really ugly to me. i literally never see them on the road anymore. but now looking at them, maybe it's just nostalgia kicking in, but i'd totally rock one.

ayy I got a ford like that. except mines 2wd and therefore useless.want to beef up the motor a bit, but performance parts for the 300 i6 are a bit hard to come by. also need to paint it since the red implement paint the PO used is flaking off everywhere.

>done
not a damn thing. 20% tint and synthetic oil change. I love how ford's oil filters are a single piece of metal you swap out instead of a filter.

>would like to SC my V6.
>without engine rebuild

Finally back on the road and inspected. Needed to have a new fuel line fabricated because parts are starting to disappear, and the old rotors were pretty much fused to the hubs. It sat for the past 2-ish years.

Next on the list is a new exhaust. I'm thinking about getting a new crossmember and stiffer mounts so I can fit a proper header. Then mandrel bent tubing and some other parts I haven't decided on yet for a custom setup, because there's nothing worthwhile off-the-shelf anymore. Also, bodywork, because Honda rust.

and then for my XJ

>new headlights
>new water pump
>rewired the right door speaker
>completely detailed the inside

later on a full 3 inch lift with 31s. I'll probably piece together a kit as opposed to just buying one. those add-a-leaf kits just don't sit right with me, and the trucks at 175k now, so the stock leafs are probably sagging a bit.

This weekend I'm going to be putting some Flowmaster Outlaws on my Hellcat. Hopefully the neighbors won't complain lel.

>Flowmaster Outlaws

why not just go straightpipe at that point? you'd be saving money.

So, get this. I was at a local cars and coffee event. I met a dude who previously owned a Hellcat but sold it a few months back. He had a Flowmaster Outlaw just sitting around in his garage, he originally was going to install it on his Cat but never got around to it. He sold it to me for $500, brand fucking new.

>tfw have nagging fear jack stands will fail and I'll die
>tfw nagging fear ramps will fail and I'll die
I do my oil changes quick and gtfo. Am I retarded?

Just enjoy the 300 for what it is. Then when it wears out (say in 2046), upgrade to a pulse drive.

>Flowmaster Outlaw
>He sold it to me for $500
They cost $100 new.

now's the time to buy one if you wanted one. They're going up in price now, seems like they finally hit bottom. Third gens too. LT1's are kind of the bastard children and can still be found for decent prices but even the cleaner LT1's are going up in value. Used to be 08-2012 you could get a mint 80-100k LT1 for 4000-5000. Now at least in the midwest they're going up to the 7-8k area.

>They cost $100 new.

Just back from sand blasting them.

They're rusted so bad that I can't move them.
I guess I need a new pair.

???????????????????????????????????

Pulled the tranny to replace:
>Front cover (and gasket)
>Throwout bearing
>Rear oil seal
>Mounts and crossmember
Once I have it back in I'll be putting in brand new shifter bushings and a whole new inner/middle boot.

>muffler=/=exhaust system

summitracing.com/parts/flo-815430s?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-flowmaster&gclid=CjwKCAjwt8rMBRBOEiwA2F2biBtM9LmU-g5ZyWp7pTTW1Gq_d60nF4CWsy89j5P2qCsyUl3agvgS6hoCypMQAvD_BwE

mine actually stared life as a 2wd. I swapped in the front housing. Lots of fab work involved, would not recommend. I wouldve just swapped chassis's but they're all rusted to fuck here.

Mines a 300 as well, I have a 351w I want to build for it but the 300 just runs too damn good to pull.

Completely different engine. Rings and or cylinder bore too worn out. Replacement was just pulled out of a really beat up truck that ran great

Do you ever do the shake test where you shake it fucking aggressively and see if anything happens? It always makes me feel better. Leave it overnight maybe and if it doesn't fall it's safe? I have a small fear as well

I'm glad I'm not the onlly neurotic. I had been under the ramps for 4 or 5 hours in 105F houston heat and they didnt fail, idk why I'm so retarded.

>take out intake runner controller box
>take it apart
>desolder connections
>remove motor
>clean all contacts
>liquid metal the wire to the spring where it broke
>resolder everything
>no more CEL

Also did PCV valve and hoses, new slotted/drilled rotors and pads, and a new stereo tonight as mine died on Saturday. Harness didn't work fully though so I'm going to recreate part of it.

Lots of preventative maintenance coming up and some part upgrades.

2000 Firebird V6 5 speed. Had to pull trans because clutch was stuck engaged. A spring had busted out of clutch disk and lodged between itself and pressure plate. That's fixed, now I changed the rear tire on my Kawasaki and can't get the goddamned wheel aligned. I have checked the chain tension and wheel alignment, but I just can't get this loud ass ticky/clacky chain noise to go away.

I know this is gunna seem obvious, but is the chain lubed well? Is it hitting against anything at speed?

Fbo 2011 mustang gt want to get a daily and do an engine build with new cams and heads then go supercharged and strip down the interior

ive had the car for 6? months now
replaced the entire engine, now im swapping in a 1.8l flywheel and trans because the 1.6l trans was locking up and the flywheel was completely bare
i love the car to death but fucks sake its draining to work on it sometimes, especially with my mental health in decline due to going back to college
i fucked up and installed the flywheel early and now ive got to take it out and get it resurfaced
other than that the rest is just whatever comes up

Taking it to a scrapyard or kicking it over the hill for being a rusted out pile

It's lubed well, not hitting anything. I'm gonna do a thorough cleaning/relube of chain and sprockets.

pic related, old clutch surface from 1.6l flywheel

The paint on my car is fucked up and I'd rather save money right now than pay a lot to get it professionally redone so now I'm rethinking what I want to do with the car. I might attempt to do some repainting myself as a temporary fix but it still won't look good. And focus on taking it to autocross/track days and maintenance/mods. The interior isn't in the best condition either so I'm considering stripping it but race seats are expensive (a pair of Corbeau A4's cost $700 and a pair of brackets cost $210).

Chipped paint and bad clear coat I'm guessing? Have you tried a deep buff and wax? Also summit has some good corbeau style seats for much cheaper

The paint on the hood and headlights is straight up splitting and peeling off. I actually peeled off all the paint on the driver's side headlight in large strips with my hands. I knew the front end of the car was repainted at some point when I bought it in early March but this started happening recently and very suddenly. The paint isn't sticking to the primer and the hood/headlights will need to be completely stripped down and redone. If you look closely, you can tell the doors have been repainted too so they'll probably start to split and peel off soon too.

I checked out Summit but all I could find for a 96 Vette were the Corbeau brackets. If you have a link to seats I'd much appreciate it. Thanks for the suggestion.

I can't recall how the 96 vette is but I have these in a mustang ii which also has a very low roof and low shallow floorboard. They come with the bracket that slides with the typical pull up lever. All you have to do is get an aluminum rod stock and cut it and drill a hole in the middle to get the seat to sit level to the floorboard.
m.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g1130r?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-summit-racing&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqf3S953c1QIVmIqzCh30wgR-EAQYAyABEgJ89vD_BwE

Not the best pic but here they are in the mustang. The bracket/adjustment rail is flat and square and kind of U shaped with a drilled hole in the four corners

There is no bracket as it is built into the adjustment rail so you have to move the seat forward/back to bolt it in and reach the bolts. You may need an aluminum plate and big washers to spread the load across the bottom of the corvettes body and you may have to drill new holes in the floorboard, but it is worth it for the price of the seats. Hope this helps or makes sense

Wow that's a lot cheaper. Should be worth it for a little drilling. Thanks for the info man. I'll look into doing that.

No problem. I recommend gently tacking the nuts in place on the rail while the seat is out or getting a nut big enough to where you don't have to hold it with your finger while tightening it. Best of luck

Just changed my alternator on my civic. Trying to bee myself :^)

how did this post just make an abstract painting and tell me to drink 7 glasses of water a day

Project idea that is in no way a refined plan as of yet:
>Diesel engine
>injector tune to add more fuel per stroke to increase power
>exhaust blowing black smoke, aka unburnt fuel
>add heating element to end of exhaust to light smoke on fire
>car is now fire breathing torque beast
Badass or dumbass?

i like it

>badass or dumbass?

Bit of both. I'd use a spark plug as opposed to a heating element, that way you could turn it on or off if need be.

Between my 6 week old, work, and everything else I have to do I don't have much time for working on the cars anymore. However, today I had off! Working on getting this thing back together, not real worried about getting the core support perfect (had the car for 14 years and 260k miles) and just got the power steering pressure line back on as it had grounded against the alternator and formed a hole. Fired on the first hit after sitting for 5 months, nice! The mounting tab for the passengers side portion of the front bumper needs to be bent maybe a quarter of an inch, but that's all before I start bolting stuff back on. Bumper needs painted (I got a silver firebird unit) as do the headlights but it should be easy from here on out. While it's sitting I'm going to replace the steering column as multiple pieces inside mine broke off and fell out, also has a rather large dent in the rear quarter I'd like to do something about while it's down anyway.

Cleaning and respraying the steelies on my civic.

I have no prior experience with spray painting and I'm learning so much from my failures.

Ah the jeep, another vehicle I never have time for. I un-piled the stuff from on top of it the other day and gave it the once-around with an oily rag to help it look a bit better. Still need to take out the last 4 bolts holding the body on so I can get it off to drill a stud and put the whole thing back together again. Fun times.

98 ranger 3.0 4x4 5 speed, kind of a meh project but came from a poor dysfunctional family and my dad slaved over getting me that truck so i want to keep it to show him I'm thankful. Currently doing just general maintenance, saving for 4" lift and decent tires. Paint is not great so going to two tone it sooner or later. Looking for black wheels a good sounding exhaust, new interior carpeting and a KC light setup that doesn't look bad or tacky. 150,000 miles on the motor and runs like a dream, but the clutch needs replaced soon. Not too worried but just doing my best to keep my happy little pickup maintained and valuable.

>done lately
No much, adjusted the chain slack on my bike
>plans
Want to replace all engine mounts, have them laying around in my office but it's been raining since they've arrived and don't have a garage, will do it in the parkinglot behind the house
>talk about car
There is a really unpleasant jerk when going off the throttle and a bit less of a jerk when stepping back on it (like when coasting towards a red light and accelerating when it switches). It's worse in lower gears and especially when the AC is on. I hope new engine mounts fill fix the issue, if it's coming from the engine or transmission I'm going to sell it (or drive it till it breaks)

I'm trying to tune up my shitbox DD.
Installed new coils, wires, and plugs yesterday. It still has detonation issues so today I'll check toe fuel pressure

Got a Rupes Bigfoot polisher the other day, planning on giving my car a showcar shine and a ceramic sealant soon enough.