Why do people hate Prius

Remind me, why do people hate Prius?
And is Prius a good car-shitbox? Or it is a shitty shitbox, that will fail soon?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/westcoastbill/status/896523212187508737
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shit boxes should be able to make it 30 years with 10 owners. I have my doubts the Prius battery will last that long let alone its other parts.

But some people say, that prius can run for 1 000 000 km (600 000 miles in RI) without any problems?
Are they right?

Anyone who buys a used Hybrid is a chump. Anyone who buys an Electric car instead of leasing is a bigger chump.

lol no

Because the first gen Insight was vastly superior but people were more interested in seating 5 comfortably while being able to virtue signal than actually getting good fuel economy

The biggest chumps are bicyclists.

But what is a lifespan of this shit?

Given the average life of my phone battery I would be very skeptical of that claim.

Phone batteries are small, don't have many cells, and get charged to 100% all the time.
Full electric car batteries are big, have tons of cells, and you'll generally only charge to 100% when you need the full range.
Phone degradation is rapid and sharp. Car degradation by all reports drops a bit then levels off so a car that starts with 220 miles of range winds up with 200 or so after 5 years.

Not sure how the Prius Prime's batteries will sort out, but for not much more soon you'll be able to get one of these. Which is all electric, and looks and drives way better.

Batteries are a meme as old as steam engines.
and like steam engines they failed and now hipsters are trying to bring them back again.

There's a lot of Taxi's with over 500k kms. Keep in mind the average pritard drives like a geriatric fuck which helps with the car lasting so long.

>the average pritard drives like a geriatric fuck
In my experience they're always gunning it and driving in a way that has to totally negate any gains they get from the hybrid system.

Of course when I get my Tesla I'll probably do the same thing at every green light since my daily driving is way under the range.

Nah this user is right. The software for cars with batteries is designed for longevity. They don't fully charge or discharge the batteries among other tricks to make them last the life of the car. First gen Prius and taxi priuses are still running strong.

That's true too I suppose. I see a lot of people driving them like idiots. If you have an electric car there's no reason not to floor it at every light, If you got the torque, Use it. I have yet to see a Tesla go even remotely close to full acceleration.

That's definitely the current debate. The technology is progressing so rapidly that it just doesn't seem worth it to lock yourself into a 2017 when the 2020s will be so much better.
The only worry is that the prices will jump up again as well.

The touchscreen in these is total fucking cancer, you have to use a fucking menu to change the direction the vents are blowing in
twitter.com/westcoastbill/status/896523212187508737

It would be like dropping $1200 on a cell phone. It's going to feel like a calculator after 4 years.

My $300 Zenfone 2 feels fast as fuck 2 years later. Why the fuck do people buy $1200 phones again?

Yeah, I'm not totally sold on the touch screen for everything, and some of the other 'features' like the cabin camera. I wouldn't be surprised if they update the software that controls the system to be smarter so you can easily control it with voice controls or so it could use the camera to continually shift the air flow.

On the current models at least Tesla has seemed to do a pretty good job at allowing owners to keep theirs up to date, the 3 is a much cheaper car but its also going to be a much higher volume car so it won't surprise me if there are a lot of upgrade parts out there in 5 years.

You can't even open the fucking glove box without using the touchscreen

>Why the fuck do people buy $1200 phones again?

Only Applecucks do that shit. Normal people get a cheap android phone or take the one that comes with the plan.

You can only add so many software upgrades before the hardware becomes bloated and slow. Cell phones are notorious for doing this. Plus who know what the muskrat slips in with those "updated" he could slip in some code to make the car perform slower if he wanted too.

Prius drivers are all either
>homosexual asshole
>old asshole
>sweet old ladies
>social justice assholes that try to block you if you're speeding

Source: I deal with Toyota customers daily.

Or probably the phone companion app. Like I said there's a lot of things on this that I'm not all that keen on but its so far ahead of the competition in every other way that its easy to overlook.

Galaxy phones cost just as much these days as well

>far ahead of the competition in every other way
Debatable

The only things that the Bolt has over the Tesla is slightly more range vs the base model, and its a hatchback.
Its problems are the charging network isn't nearly as built out, there's no good fast charging that I'm aware of, it doesn't handle or accelerate nearly as well, and its fucking ugly.
Basically the same deal as the BMW i3.

I kind of wish VW would bring over the GTE that would probably tick all the boxes and would be the best logical upgrade from my current car.

>Implying Tesla charging stations are a plus
>implying the Model 3 isn't ugly as shit too

Used to be the owners, now it's the owners AND the styling.

Not every angle is the most photogenic that's for sure.
I still wish they'd built it as a hatchback, it would have looked vaguely like a baby Ferrari FF.
It at least looks like a car though

As for the charging situation, I don't live in a major metropolitan area in California.
Out here in Iowa Tesla are the only game in town when it comes to fast charging and the super chargers all have way more stalls than cars.
Maybe that will change once the 3 is available, but even if it does I'll only need to use the superchargers a couple of times a year.

They're great for Taxis/Ubers, that's all I can say.

If you buy them up front or have to replace them maybe. Usually they're around $200 and the rest is part of your monthly payment.

You still end up spending that much in the end, probably more

Not in America with $30 unlimited plans. In Canada with $100 a month plans, Maybe if you keep the phone forever. If you upgrade your phone within the free upgrade period then you get a new phone every 2 years. So it's like leasing a car.

>$30 unlimited plans
lel where?

Sprint has a $50 unlimited plan now, I've seen them as low as $30 on a shit carrier. Still a fuckload better than Canada

Enjoy your no coverage