Browse Ferraris for funsies

>browse Ferraris for funsies
>viewing an '87 328
>see this

What the fuck is wrong with people devaluing cars like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

retromanufacturing.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's better than the ultra-rice HUs out there today, and the price of procuring a stock head unit would have been more trouble than it would've been worth.

Also, some people give a shit about car audio, and stock HUs before 2005 are trash.

Next time, try to curb your autism, sperglord.

At least 1/3 of Ferraris 430/575 and earlier have aftermarket decks in them. The stock ones are terrible and often die.

>muh stock 80s cassettes

kill you are self pleb

motherfucker wants to listen to his music, gotta problem with that?

I have a problem with riced head units on prestigious cars. There are better options than this shit.

>Ferrari
>prestigious
What's it like being 13 years old?

>Ferrari
>prestigious

Compared to our normie cars.

That's a 9886, which was pretty much the baddest Alpine you could buy without going to the F1 stuff. Probably a 350-400$ head unit back then.

It still doesn't match the car with all that gloss.

I'm saying that yeah, it's not a perfect match, but buying a flagship Alpine was probably a better deal than buying some third hand original on deaths doorstep. That Alpine will probably chug along for years still, and sound better while doing it.

>1987
>not running a made in west germany blaupunkt

I feel like it's the only reason why the car is worth $70k and not $80k; I think using a matte Jensen HU would help retain its value.

Problem is that everyone knows Jensen is garbage. Same with Boss, Pyle, etc. dude is probably banking on name recognition - everyone knows Alpine is quality (or was in 2008 when that HU was made)

>autodiversity
i think there is a joke in there somewhere

Who cares its not your car

So buy the fucking car and replace it if it triggers your fucking autism so much

>What the fuck is wrong with people devaluing cars like this?

It sounds like he likes to drive it often, sometimes people don't really care about locking it up in a garage and autistically feather dusting their vehicles. Besides as others have stated, the stock HUs are trash, and his probably died, so why not upgrade to something a bit more modern?

>he likes to drive it often
Nobody's currently driving it; it's currently for sale for $70k when they usually cost $80k-$120k.

Maybe this guy doesn't give a flying fuck about his value?

Apparently not.

I want to listen to music through USB / SD Card so most likely I'll have to buy a headunit like picrelated (actually I've done it).

The thing that actually bothers me is that they are horrible in terms of aesthetics, but it seems to be a standard. Cheap, shiny and standing-out plastic. I have to drop a good buck to find a decent / retro-looking one and I may even have to import it from another country.

Does anyone make aftermarket head units that both look good and aren't shit? I don't say German brands because paying $700 for a gray market model with a month shipping is bulplshit.

maybe he wanted a working CD player, get over it you autist

>riced head
nigga wut

>prestigious
>ferrari 328

The guy who sold me mine was nice enough to include the original along with the car. He got it from the stereo shop the previous owner went to for a Pioneer swap.

A new decent headunit is $100-200, really not that big of a deal to replace it.

These guys also make somewhat more expensive digital radios specifically to look good with older cars. Worth a look into if you really can't stand a newer head unit in an old car.
retromanufacturing.com/

>I feel like it's the only reason why the car is worth $70k and not $80k
>using this almost swapmeet tier garbage would be better than a alpine

>tfw no vintage alpine 80s head unit
I'm trying not to fall into the autismo pit of "period correctness" but I'm starting to fail.

Nice bait

> Have a '83
> Period correct radio
> Period correct A/M door speakers
> Inported period correct shelf speakers
> Kinda correct amp, 90-something
> X-Band concealed super snooper
> Still uses cassettes

It's like time traveling

But when the period correct stereos look like this, how can you not?

Seriously, finding a new stereo that looks as elegant as old school Alpine and is still actually worth owning is a nearly impossible task.

>browse RX-8s for funsies
>the ones with a 100lb box of subs in the back