Suzuki Swift

Thread died right after I entered so I'm just going to remake it so I can ask this

Why the FUCK don't we get this thing in burgerland?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FO1iNG_ipaM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because theres no need to have small cars when your single lane is the size of two lanes in europe.

what about fun

because it's the land of free but you're not really free desu

Post things Bugers cant have.

Civic, mx5, golf, focus, fiesta. Plenty of them

>Civic, golf, focus
2big4me

Just economics I suppose. Only 3% of Americans could fit in one of these and so from a profit and loss perspective it didn't make sense.

Yeah, well, thank those people who forced safety ratings. Newer cars are bigger on outside but smaller on the inside. No ones going to import car just for you. Fiesta looks good to me.

>No ones going to import car just for you

very sad...

why are u doing this to me m8

Do Americans get the Jimny?

We don't get any Suzuki, it's fucking bullshit.

aside the miata those cars are fucking boats

only real swift.
the other is just a car with a swift badge but it aint.

ayy, ive got a blue Geo Metro im rebuilding right now. Engines getting a complete overhaul, and itll need new shocks. Its a great little shitbox.

if its the geo metro thats actually a swift why not get swift hood and lights? or is it that one with the retard bug eye tail lights.

Suzuki's car division pulled out of the US because nobody was buying them.

It literally fucking hurts

Outside of the rear suspension not being as good as the SVT it's pretty much the real rebirth of the MK1 Focus. Since the Mk3 is pigfat

I promise I'm not trolling or being a dick or anything here.

But do men in Europe unironically drive what's being posted here?

How can women find someone driving in one of these toy cars at all attractive?

I'm not trying to start anything, but I mean, really?

Most guys who drive the Fiesta ST have it between 290 and 400hp.

Which is rather fucking silly in a 2600lb kart.

>Most guys who drive the Fiesta ST have it between 290 and 400hp.

>400 HP

Sigh.... No, they dont. Anyone that serious about power gets at least a Focus ST or RS GTI or Golf R. . the 1.6 in the fiesta is not making 400hp under any circumstances.

Most of them have some cobb tune stage 1 or 2 and stage 1 only picks up 2 hp and 19 ft/lbs.

Suffice to say the fiesta ST is not a tuners car. Its nice cheap tossable car but no one is making 290 HP, at least not without a turbo swap.

youtube.com/watch?v=FO1iNG_ipaM

Actually they do, As it doesn't require jack shit to get the car more powerful.

Also who wants a car that weighs 3200lbs+ vs 2600.

Seriously, those cars are fucking pigfat and also have literal garbage tier rear suspension. At least the shitty suspension in the Fiesta is countered by its light weight.

We got the Aerio's which are basically the same but with a bigger engine. There's always the SX4 too though it's barely a Suzuki technically.

>293 BHP.
>Hybrid Turbo
>Literal shit ton of mods $$$ + labor.
>reliability, there is none, not a daily driver.
>Stage 4.

GTI
>316HP/381 TQ crank and dynos 290+ WHP.
>APR Stage 1.
>$600, thats it.

Also, one of the top comments:
> With all the mods on this and the price of it new, he should've just got a Golf 7R.

Look, I know its fun to mod "muh fiesta ST" beyond reason because well, who doesn't like modding. But lets be real, it makes zero financial sense and you are modding it to its absolute maximum limits at 293 HP. You will not find "most guys" driving a stage 4 hybrid turbo fiesta. You're gonna find that one guy and its only 293 hp. Not sure where your 400 hp claim came from.

I dont have to tell you that better cars exist for less money that would serve the purpose (hot hatch/modding/performance).

>goal posting

>check price list
>starting at 14k€ for the base model, going up over 20k€ for the 111hp 6-speed-auto
>sport will be like 22k€ before options

I figure nobody in the US would buy a $24k fwd ecobox which will be slower than a brz?

Im just being real.

Your local vape lord (or "most guys") in a FiST does not fucking run 290-400 hp. Thats the point.

Anyway, it doesn't matter any more. Ford changed the engine to a fucking 1.5 liter 3 cylinder (a big FU to modders). and it wont even be available in the US anymore.

>well the majority won't mod it
This applies to all vehicles jack ass. Nice strawman though.

Yeah the Titanuim hatch is pigfat but the a MK3 SE Sedan (sedan model is lighter than the hatch) 2.0l with 5-speed manual weights the same and makes the same power than the old MK1 SVT and retains the god-tier IRS the Focus is well known for.

And just like you can mod it, you can mod the better platforms ( FoST, GTI, etc...).....

>160 hp @ 6500
SVT is 170 @ 7200
> 2,960 lbs
SVT is 2750

We also have them in australia

You can get the 20 extra HP on the Mk3 with a flash and CAI.
> 2,960 lbs

That's the hatch, sedan is lighter.

Yeah but you can do the same to the Mk1 right?

K20 it

Heavily depends on what part of Europe we talkin about. Im from Eastern side, so theres not much of these hot hatches. Generally A6, 5 series and Passats. Our roads are not as narrow as in France or UK and theres no taxes on power/displacement, so we can afford both bigger and faster vehicles than 1.3l quad turbo pocket rockets. In Western europe, I THINK hatches are more popular. Less space, more people overall, tight roads, taxes on power.

Here in spaghettiland half of the cars are small hatches. No other choice really when the streets are as wide as grocery store lanes. Also you won't find anything particularly powerful because anything past 250hp is taxed like crazy here and 20-30 yo can't really afford it ..

Also Eastern europe here
Easily over half of the cars are hatches(youngster) and wagons(elders)
~1/4th are sedans owned by businessman wannabes
Rest is mostly coupes for people with middle-age crisis and racebois(most of the second group will sell it in the first year because of insurance costs)

Woops, meant for , Not

I'm fucking retarded

They got so close, too.

Probably includes VAT and a bunch of other taxes.

Yes, women in Europe are attracted to men whose sexual identity isn't based on transport.

We used to get the swift, hell you can still get a geo metro used.
Also Suzuki was cheap shitbox stuff people no longer wanted once koreans and Americans started to increase their quality.

19% VAT, yes
There are no other taxes I'm aware of

Which country are you getting prices from? Germany?
You could probably compare prices before and after VAT of a Fiesta ST and see how much difference that makes.

this is fake.

>americans dont get this mega qt
shame. happy little car with a high revving 1.6 thats pretty nice to drive

You can only get the new Twingo as a GT version (120 hp), no RS version.

But it still has Renault Sport badges all over it.

>that's the hatch
No, the hatch is 3200.

t. very satisfied owner of a 2013 swift sport

>it's another "Europoors pretend their 1.3L econoboxes are of value" episode

The base model would be the swift sport would be priced sold for like 15k in Canada but they the newer one wont get the 1.6 instead they are getting a cuck tier 1l turbo and nothing else.

You forgot that most drive like idiots and "muh germun badge".