Ok Veeky Forums it's that time again! Post your shitbox and we will make wild assumptions about you. Here's mine

Ok Veeky Forums it's that time again! Post your shitbox and we will make wild assumptions about you. Here's mine

Better angle

>buy American car made by Italians
Clearly a gullible retard.

Melanin rich American detected

Not him but a basketball american with one of those wouldn't have wheels that small

Kek fair point

I've yet to come up with a stereotype beyond "faggot boy racer that needs to neck himself"

>too much of a poorfag to afford rims

Its too dark to take a legitimate picture of mine but here is one off the internet. I know I'm going to get roasted.

>pictureforants.jifpg3

>driving mommy's old car

How old are you?

Kek oh shit you meant his. Shitposting while drunk ladies and gentlemen

>silver with black hood
nice

What's that giant ass stripe going all across the car?

tiny car tiny picture duh

Yeah you don't often see the white pinstipe on gun metal gray but I kinda dig it

pinstripes
they're an american thing, usually popular with the older crowd.

First big boy job and semi nice car you could buy. Bought it because it had neat lights and it was affordable.

I see you are a man of culture as well *tips Trilby*

>inb4 nigger, low hanging fruit

OP here and you hit the nail on the head

These are always "wild assumptions" threads. I shoot for accuracy.

Won't pass up a good back handed insult though

It's a V6 have fun lads

ok

lesgo

My shitbox

Shitbox 1

What qualifies as a shitbox

shitbox 2

Best year of the worst body style. You bought it before you really knew the stigma behind owning a V6 Mustang. You think it is fun but in hindsight regret it some.

Bought it for the memes, stayed for the fun. You are proud of your flawless shitbox, though people think you are somewhat weird and it bothers you sometimes. You better not be a fucking pizza boy

shitbox 3

You bought that used, right? Or "new" with a couple hundred miles?

not that fuck machine

glory shot of shitbox 3

You get mad at people who don't pull over to let you pass on the highway, and you drive around at night spotlighting teenagers while holding a sunglasses case up to your mouth like a microphone. Your belt has something about "Tactical" in the brand.

what year user?

interior of shitbox 3 because I love this piece of garbage

Alright, only full car pic I have for now.

Kek

FUCK.

likes big fat V8s, doesn't care for imports. well adjusted adult with a balanced lifestyle

on the left

Yeah used but low miles. Its a 2015 with 20k on the odo

That thing run?

Smart guy with a decent but not great job who's past his mid 20s. Not old enough to grow out of sporty compact cars but doesn't want to associate with vape crowd. Starting to realize comfort matters in a car.

Did you buy that in Mass last summer? I looked at one just like that. Rear brakes were trashed and no oil on the dipstick. Still wonder if I made a mistake not buying it.

When was it wrecked? I'm being serious, that thing's been completely repainted.

Dude couldn't be arsed to make sure that leaky or oil drinking thing had oil in it before showing it to a prospective buyer? Yeah you did good staying away

Clean Carfax. As far as me or my mechanic can tell it's never been wrecked and it matches what the paint was new. Why do you think it's been painted?

Holy shit another pre facelift L series. How many miles, user?

Ish.
It needs, in order to be a functioning car I can actually use (it's my only car, so it qualifies as my daily driver)
>battery
>radiator
>brake lines
>floorboards/pans
>hood hinges
>tires
>brakelight wires
>turn signal wires
>windshield wiper motor/wiring
>seats
The funny thing is that the engine and engine bay is the only thing in it NOT fucked to hell and back, but it's been partially restored.

Just got his first raise at the office.

Stolen copper pipe fits really well in the trunk.

Yo esse, let's roll.

Have it back by 10pm, sweetie

Have it back by 1am, son, and use protection

My next car is a WRX that matches the color of my vape pen.

The company didn't know I was black until the interview.

Happy graduation, Emily!

Something about Pennsylvania

Honey, try the other circuit breaker

It still reminds me of grandma

But officer, forward facing blue lights are legal offroad

>tfw I use a copper pipe segment to keep the hood up when checking fluids

Correct. Shit.

>Still reminds me of grandma
Fuck, you nailed it. It was a hand me down from my grandmother.

He was some genX/millennial who had bought it new and didn't know anything about cars. Had the oil changed at the book interval (5K I think) when all the Volvo guys told me T5s should get 2.5K. He didn't know where the dipstick was and the rear bumper was scratched up from his dog climbing in.

But it was the stick shift R-package or whatever had the blacked out trim. Asking $4900 I think. I bought a Mustang instead but that car's been even more of a headache.

At least the mustang is cheaper to fix than the volvo would've been

Nope, white and a homeowner.

>Happy graduation Emily
Fucking kek

Also, she needs a name.
In the end this'll be the paint job she's getting.

They'll arrest Hillary any day now, I know it.

Yeah, any day now.

My fiance was OK with it because I told her on the first date I was saving for the day they hit $10K.

I tried to act like Davesfarm but no underage runaways will sleep with me.

I'm gonna paint it orange and put the flag on the roof anyway

Shit, my first gray hair.

Just fuck my shit up

>Tfw needs new clutch.

Go for it.

Is that really true? I took care of my ex's 2001 V70 for a while and parts were in line with pretty much any 2000+ Japanese car.

>Davesfarm
Never heard of this dude before but looks pretty good

Fucking wrong as hell, see while I may live in Alabama, I'm from Ohio.

Let me be perfectly clear: that shit is tackier than sequins or shag carpeting.

I want to pay too much for a "classic" car but I'm not a boomer who can afford a Boss 302.

My neighbor in the Veeky Forums trailer park just did his.

72 months, 21.5% APR, $5K down.

What is that thing? It looks Mopar.

He's this Canadian guy who lives out in a junkyard and used to crash stuff on Youtube all day long. Runaways would come live with him and there were tons of allegations of various kinds of sexual abuse going on.

Will be me in a few weeks time.

Your 'around town' truck that'll never haul a real load

>72 months, 21.5% APR, $5K down.
$3k down, 8.5%, ended up paying it off. :^)

The few friends I've had that drove Volvo always bitched about the cost of parts and labor if you don't do it yourself

Ask me anything. It actually went really smoothly and I'd never done a clutch before.

By the way, buy a good throwout bearing. Ford OEM or Federal Mogul. My old one looked like this.

Mid 20's, this is your second big kid car. You briefly thought about a FoST but you wanted something that nobody really has. after some research you settled on this.

Early 20's, wanted a car you could wrench on and get running, but overpaid for it. Desperately trying to be Late 20's finally able to get a new truck due to raise. Actually puts it to work because logical thinking adult.

1968 Ford Fairlane.
WITH. Precisely one metric shitload of Holman Moody parts in the wonderfully sexy 302 engine.

In direct contradiction to my guess here
Which one of us is right there texasbro?

I paid $500 cash.
It wound up being $620 because of delivery fees.

I am Debt free as of next week (didn't take into account delivery fees before buying) and only got the car yesterday.
She'll work.
Just give me a while.

If I can build an FAL with a lawn mower blade I can do this.

Huh. Nice. Story?

My shitbox
roast me

Hmmmm, was incorrect about overpaid. That isn't too bad if it is mostly rust free.

BMW GENUINE M3 BADGES SET OF THREE FREE CHIPPING FROM CHINA $14.99

Ex drag racing car apparently.
Previous owner bought it for a project car because of the engine being nice and most of the frame still being useable.

Two kids and an unstable job threw that plan out the door and he listed it for $1200 on Facebook, then after around two weeks the guy decided "fuck it, let's do $500"

I had $450 in the bank, convinced a relative to loan me the rest of the cash, and I'm most of the way payed off now anyways.

The guy got it out of a field, worked on the engine, and apparently that was it.

Live in a shitty rented house or apartment to be able to make payments on a car purchased from a buy here pay here lot

Bought in cash, own it outright. Uni student

Aside from the floor boards, one spot in each of the back and front passenger side wheel wells, and a fair bit on the passenger side rear quarter, no.
It's quite nice.
Nice enough that anywhere else can be ground and welded back together.

You got me :(

Wrong about bhph lot but still right about shitty apartment. I can deal with that :^)

Hate to break it to you, this a real m3 my dude. Whether it's his or not is TBD.

Middle manager, self identified car guy, but doesn't wrench. Spouts about driver feel all the time. Drives in lower than necessary gears all the time just to make noise.

Not too hard to cut out those areas and weld in some t304 sheet. I'd work inward out and grind off that shit and throw down rust converter primer.

Good luck. I mean it. Borrowing money to buy a $500 restoration project isn't an auspicious beginning.

No, it wasn't, bag I had $500 the day before and we had some pizza.
Their pizza was the reason for the lack of that last $50, and the real borrowed cash was the delivery fee of $120.
I can make that in a single paycheck and have cash left over to put towards the floor pans.
It's looking like new floor pans and a saddle to go over the areas above the crank shaft is gonna be cheaper than T304 over it all.
What thickness are we talking?

I've yet to know anyone who owned a Miata who wasn't some weird hybrid of Bro and insufferable faggot who I don't know why I'm friends with.

Fucking miatas.
Oh, also, it's your fourth Miata, you do pot, and you work as, say, a pizza delivery guy.
Your name starts with a T and you have herpes, or so you claim.

When hipsters are no longer cool I'll have to sell the Miata to pay for tattoo removal and pants that fit.

18 gauge is just fine for non structural imo

I don't even have a resto project and I've been shoveling about $200 of parts a week into my '04 Mustang just to get the maintenance current. You're brave.

gay furry

Gotcha, thanks man.
Damn straight I'm a brace motherfucker.
I test fired my FAL without having checked the headspace.
It's ok the tight side but it works fine enough now.
I'll probably change it later BUT, I also installed the barrel with a modified lawnmower blade.

I can live off of Ramen for a while.
I also have access to all the car tools I need because I have access to a local makerspace loaded with car nerds.

If I can get away with just materials I'm good.
I'm also not going 100% autist with restoring it ASAP, rather I'm getting it functional and going from there.

.308 is nice, isn't it?